Did you get extra points?

Redtravel

I keep reading the postings from people who got extra or bonus points. I did not get any extra points. It would not change my status at this time. However, to be fair, if Celebrity gave some people extra points, they should give everyone the same extra points. Perhaps, sometime in the future the extra points may be valuable. What do you think?

We had 8 old points and they gave us 25 extra new points. Our grand total is 265 points, still short of being a real Elite. BTW, we have enjoyed Elite status since our first Celebrity cruise through the reciprocity with C&A where we are D+. Just booked our next cruise with Celebrity next summer , this one (11 nights on a RS), will make us a real Elite. :):) 132 extra points!!:)

I got less points than I expected.

Put to the bottom points of select when I should have been near the top.

It won't stop me cruising Celebrity but it also won't stop me looking at other cruise lines!

We had nine points, and set to be Elite after our next cruise in a concierge cabin, which is already booked. We will still make Elite on our next 8 day cruise -- worked out to make no difference at all for us as our next cruise will get us 40 additional points.

They did, however, give us an additional 16 points -- so, only would have had to book the least category on a 7 night cruise for 14 points to achieve elite status with 300 points.

I wonder if they gave everyone with 9 credits 16 points and everyone with 8, 25 points. I haven't read of anyone getting more than 25 points. Either way, I think they did this pretty fairly.

They were pretty smart to add some new higher levels. We have sailed exclusively with Celebrity over the last couple of years and then were going to book with Royal Caribbean as well, due to the reciprocity between the two lines. Now, may stick with Celebrity ... unless the right RCC itinerary pops up.

I think their new program is working as designed....right? :rolleyes:

We had nine points, and set to be Elite after our next cruise in a concierge cabin, which is already booked. We will still make Elite on our next 8 day cruise -- worked out to make no difference at all for us as our next cruise will get us 40 additional points.

They did, however, give us an additional 16 points -- so, only would have had to book the least category on a 7 night cruise for 14 points to achieve elite status with 300 points.

I wonder if they gave everyone with 9 credits 16 points and everyone with 8, 25 points. I haven't read of anyone getting more than 25 points. Either way, I think they did this pretty fairly.

They were pretty smart to add some new higher levels. We have sailed exclusively with Celebrity over the last couple of years and then were going to book with Royal Caribbean as well, due to the reciprocity between the two lines. Now, may stick with Celebrity ... unless the right RCC itinerary pops up.

I think their new program is working as designed....right? :rolleyes:

We had 7 points and received an extra 30 which gives us 240 I think that is more than fair

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have had 7 cruises and our old total was 18 points, so I assumed we would have 540 'club points'. My online conversion statement gives us 21 old points converted to 630 new points, i.e. an extra 90 points!

Today I received the new brochure, confirming the points. At the bottom of the page listing my points there is some small print:

Members of Royal Carribean's Crown and Anchor Society and Azamara Le Club Voyage who have earned a higher tier level than they have achieved in Captains Club may see a variation between the club points values and their tier level due to reciprocity.

We have had 3 cruises on IOTS, so I assume I have got points from those cruises.

Richard

We had 6 credits and on the old system with 2 credits per 14 day cruise we would have made Elite after 2 more cruises, we normally book an AX accessible cabin, we would have needed 36 extra points for parity but got nothing.

On the new points system we have 180 and will now need 3 more cruises to reach Elite, unless of course we switch to Concierge or Aqua, but it won't stop us booking Celebrity, however I doubt we will book the higher grade just to reach Elite sooner.

Edited by terrierjohn

Received the new brochure in the mail yesterday. It showed us at 276 points. We had 9 in the old system... except it was printed before our cruise in Oct. which actually made us Elite with 11 credits and now 330 new points. The extra points vanished which is fine.

So it appears that they did give us enough bonus to get us to Elite with one more cruise

Please! Please! Please! Can we stop all of this insanity????

There's a simple solution for all this insanity, just stop clicking on these threads and reading them. Problem solved.

If everyone on these threads were on a ship together, we'd be talking about this new system anyway. I find it no big deal. Actually I find it entertaining! :p

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Forums mobile app

There's a simple solution for all this insanity, just stop clicking on these threads and reading them. Problem solved.

If everyone on these threads were on a ship together, we'd be talking about this new system anyway. I find it no big deal. Actually I find it entertaining! :p

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Forums mobile app

yup! we're all sort of interested in each other's experiences...I learned something from this thread that perhaps my RC points could/should elevate my X points. This is why I come to the CC board...how much we learn from each other.

Perhaps the awarding of extra points in various amounts is a way of making it up to those people who were getting close to elite level. The message being sent to the other people that extra points will not matter. Since my points are in the middle of elite, it may be true for me. Maybe some years in the future those extra 16, 25, or 30 points may be just what I could use to get to the next level. Perhaps Captains Club should rethink and give the same number of extra points to everyone. If Celebrity had awarded a set amount to each cruiser they would end the problem. Last time they changed the way we got points,! i cannot recall any complaints. Reason being, that system improved everyone's future in advancing their standing in the Captains Club. I haven't received any emails or regular mailings from Celebrity recently. When guests do get the mailing that explains the new system, there may be more discussion on this event.

yup! we're all sort of interested in each other's experiences...I learned something from this thread that perhaps my RC points could/should elevate my X points. This is why I come to the CC board...how much we learn from each other.

Your RC points will not elevate your Celebrity points, they are two seperate programs, but if you are a certain level in Crown and Anchor there is reciprocity....but they are not combinable. That is not the case with Azamara. The Azamara points can be combined with the Celebrity Captains Club points to reach a higher level in either program more quickly.

No extra points for us. We are both Select. We are doing a B2B on the Summit March/April 2014,OV Stateroom. So for the B2B Cruise we should be earning 2 points per leg, per person giving us a total of 4 points each for the entire B2B Cruise. Correct?

2 points per day, not per cruise.

Disappointed in no extra points. We had 21 cruises so we got 630 pts. and with the new system it will take us longer to get to elite plus. We have 3 more cruises booked and still will not make it until we book a fourth. Two of the three are for 14 days and no dice but close.

Disappointed in no extra points. We had 21 cruises so we got 630 pts. and with the new system it will take us longer to get to elite plus. We have 3 more cruises booked and still will not make it until we book a fourth. Two of the three are for 14 days and no dice but close.

I think you meant to say you had 21 cruise credits (not cruises)? I am in your exact position - 21 credits = 630 points. The way I look at it, since there were no additional tiers to aspire to in the past, I will still enjoy the amenities we now receive, and will be happy to get to the next tier one of these days. The added benefits (to me) just aren't that big of a deal. :)

I think you meant to say you had 21 cruise credits (not cruises)? I am in your exact position - 21 credits = 630 points. The way I look at it, since there were no additional tiers to aspire to in the past, I will still enjoy the amenities we now receive, and will be happy to get to the next tier one of these days. The added benefits (to me) just aren't that big of a deal. :)

Agreed.

Rodan- Under the previous system it was "infinity" for the number of points required for Elite Plus since it did not exist. I would also think that for the average person the 30 points used for the conversion is very generous. Most likely if you go back to your cruise history and calculate the actual points in the new system you will likely be even further away from the 750 number thus for most of us Celebrity has factored in a bonus with the 30 points.

By the way I had 24 old credits, so I am at 720. I actually consider myself lucky as It would have been much less if Celebrity used the new calculation on my history although I have cruised in regular balconies, concierge, aqua, and suites. Also almost all cruises are over 7 days. Try the calculation and you might feel better.