Clarify Alcohol carryon policy Please

kkpcruiser

Hi

We haven't sailed on RCL in a few years and in reading through these forums, I think that RCL has now relaxed their policy on allowing bottled wine to be carried on when boarding for consumption in your cabin. I think Ive seen mention of 2 bottles allowed and wonder if this is per cabin or per passenger?

Can someone please clarify this or share their recent experiences?

Thanks so much.

Edited by kkpcruiser
Spelling

Hi

We haven't sailed on RCL in a few years and in reading through these forums, I think that RCL has now relaxed their policy on allowing bottled wine to be carried on when boarding for consumption in your cabin. I think Ive seen me tiom of 2 bottles allowed and wonder if this is per cabin or per passenger?

Thanks so much.

Per stateroom:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ&

Hi

We haven't sailed on RCL in a few years and in reading through these forums, I think that RCL has now relaxed their policy on allowing bottled wine to be carried on when boarding for consumption in your cabin. I think Ive seen me tiom of 2 bottles allowed and wonder if this is per cabin or per passenger?

Thanks so much.

It is 2 bottles per cabin, and there is also a bottle size restriction which I "think" is 750ml?

We just came back and loved being able to bring on our favorite wines and enjoy before dinner.

Per cabin. However they don't check cabin assignments at the security so you could probably each bring 2 if you were so inclined. On my last cruise we had 2 cabins for 4 people so we brought 4 bottles, but no one checked to make sure we actually had 2 cabins. My wife and I had 2 bottles each.

Per cabin. However they don't check cabin assignments at the security so you could probably each bring 2 if you were so inclined. On my last cruise we had 2 cabins for 4 people so we brought 4 bottles, but no one checked to make sure we actually had 2 cabins. My wife and I had 2 bottles each.

My experience also has been that they don't check...

I was told we can carry on a corkscrew. Is this correct? Also, did you carry on your wine or put it in your luggage?

On every cruise line we have been on, DH has carried our wine opener in his carry on, unless we have flown to the port. Any time we bring wine we also carry it on. Since now on most cruise lines, you are now limited in the number of bottles that you carry on, or are charged for corkage for bottles in excess of the cruise lines limit (Princess), we carry our wine on. I know some people do it, but I would never take the chance of a bottle breaking in my luggage.

Edited by Not-My-Real-Name

Definitely carryon. When we got to port the porter told us to make sure wine is in carryon. If it's in checked you will likely go to naughty room so they can confirm it's wine and not liquor.

We brought corkscrew also in carryon. I wasn't sure it'd be allowed and I prefer to have that discussion in person right away over being called down to naughty room or having luggage delayed. No one said boo though.

Edited by DrD

Hi

I think Ive seen mention of 2 bottles allowed and wonder if this is per cabin or per passenger?

Thanks so much.

2 750 ML bottles per cabin that has at least one adult 21 or older.

it is preferred that you carry it on but it is not a requirement

Yes, the attendant can get glasses and a corkscrew. You can also get them from a bar.

Our steward on the Freedom would not get glasses or a bucket of ice for our wine. We had to get them ourselves at a bar. The steward did keep it filled with ice though once we got it. Good thing I brought my own corkscrew, I am sure asking him for one would have been too much for him.

Our steward on the Freedom would not get glasses or a bucket of ice for our wine. We had to get them ourselves at a bar. The steward did keep it filled with ice though once we got it. Good thing I brought my own corkscrew, I am sure asking him for one would have been too much for him.

Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you. Not very good customer service.

We didn't even have to ask our steward on the Freedom. We left our two bottles of Chardonnay sitting on the counter in our cabin, and left to go explore the ship. We were going to ask our steward next time we saw him. When we got back to our cabin, he had left 2 wine glasses and one of our bottles was being chilled in ice. And we weren't even in a suite!

Edited by Not-My-Real-Name

Just came off of the 11/23 Explorer sailing and my parents carried on 2 bottles and I carried 1 on for them but no one ever checked any of the bottles we had for size or anything like that. They really looked like they could care less!

Our stateroom attendant saw that my parents had the wine on the dresser and actually offered to bring them a bucket of ice, glasses for everyone in the room (the family loved meeting in their room for some reason lol) and informed us to call down to room service to put in an order for a fruit and cheese plate although it was not listed on the TV for order!

Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you. Not very good customer service.

We didn't even have to ask our steward on the Freedom. We left our two bottles of Chardonnay sitting on the counter in our cabin, and left to go explore the ship. We were going to ask our steward next time we saw him. When we got back to our cabin, he had left 2 wine glasses and one of our bottles was being chilled in ice. And we weren't even in a suite!

Just came off of the 11/23 Explorer sailing and my parents carried on 2 bottles and I carried 1 on for them but no one ever checked any of the bottles we had for size or anything like that. They really looked like they could care less!

Our stateroom attendant saw that my parents had the wine on the dresser and actually offered to bring them a bucket of ice, glasses for everyone in the room (the family loved meeting in their room for some reason lol) and informed us to call down to room service to put in an order for a fruit and cheese plate although it was not listed on the TV for order!

Great service - extra tip as far as Im concerned!:)

Our steward on the Freedom would not get glasses or a bucket of ice for our wine.

I'm glad it's not just us! Our past two room stewards both declined to get us an ice bucket, wine glasses, or a corkscrew, instead directing us to call room service for those items.

Our last room steward also didn't keep the ice fresh in the bucket holding the bottle of wine. He only maintained the ice in the small silver bucket.

.... our steward (wish I could remember his name) was the absolute best steward we have had on any cruise.

TIP: I have taken to taking a photo with my phone of the name tag of the staff we encounter (after asking), so I can recall their names later, like when completing the survey.

One asked me, "why do you want to take a photo of my name". I replied "when I make a complaint I want to make sure I get your name right". He was taken aback, but then I said that I was only joking and wanted to be sure that I spelt his name correct when I completed the survey saying how great he was. He then made sure I got the photo, and even told me just write the first few letters (his name was very long) - "they will know it is me" :D I did!

I read somewhere you can bring a case of water. Is this true.

The majority of people have reported no issues with bringing a case of water onboard either by carrying it on or attaching a luggage tag to it. Even if by chance they did not allow it you would be out around $5 for the case of water. Definitely worth trying.

I read somewhere you can bring a case of water. Is this true.

It's against the rules to bring any beverage except for the two bottles of wine per stateroom. However, most everyone has no problem bring water or soda.