Change in flight time out of LAX

montu6

We just received notification today that our return flight time out of LAX to Atlanta was changed. The earliest recomended time is 12:30, but our new flight time is now 12:00. We are Elite so we may be able to get off early??? We cannot manage our bags so walk off is not an option. Any suggestions? Should we try a taxi or Princess transfers. Our disembarcation day of the week is a Fri. so we will hit LA trafic!!

Thanks for the advice.

We just received notification today that our return flight time out of LAX to Atlanta was changed. The earliest recomended time is 12:30, but our new flight time is now 12:00. We are Elite so we may be able to get off early??? We cannot manage our bags so walk off is not an option. Any suggestions? Should we try a taxi or Princess transfers. Our disembarcation day of the week is a Fri. so we will hit LA trafic!!

Thanks for the advice.

You should be able to make a noon flight. Try Supershuttle dot com We used them in LA and they were great. The van was right outside the terminal when we disembarked.

This should be doable, barring some unusual circumstance where the ship arrives late or debarking is delayed for some reason. You should be able to get the earliest possible time to get off, and if not they will change it for you if you ask, usually.

We've used Super Shuttle too and it was easy and efficient. We didn't have to wait long at all.

I've done it both ways - taxi and PrimeTime Shuttle. The problem with shuttles is you may not know until you're locked inside exactly how many stops they're making and where they are BEFORE they get to LAX.

I would definitely take a taxi, without question. Shuttles are fine if you're not pressed for time.

Being Elite won't get you off the ship any earlier. They'll go by your flight time. If you're not happy with your disembarkation time, go to the Purser's Desk with your flight info. and explain why you need an earlier time.

As long as all goes well with the ship arriving in port on time and CBP doing their job without any major problems, you should be fine getting to LAX in time IF you take a taxi and get off the ship as early as possible.

Thanks for the advice.

We consistantly take a 10:35 flight after our cruises from LAX.

12:00 you should not have any issues. TAXI!!

As others said it should be doable as long as there are not any delays. Whenever an airline changes flights which don't work for us we called them & they have changed flights to ones that worked better for us without any change fee.

Thanks for the advice.

I've done it both ways - taxi and PrimeTime Shuttle. The problem with shuttles is you may not know until you're locked inside exactly how many stops they're making and where they are BEFORE they get to LAX.

I would definitely take a taxi, without question. Shuttles are fine if you're not pressed for time.

Being Elite won't get you off the ship any earlier. They'll go by your flight time. If you're not happy with your disembarkation time, go to the Purser's Desk with your flight info. and explain why you need an earlier time.

As long as all goes well with the ship arriving in port on time and CBP doing their job without any major problems, you should be fine getting to LAX in time IF you take a taxi and get off the ship as early as possible.

Have you asked on your roll call if anyone would want to share a ride with you.

Either Super Shuttle or Prime Time has a private vehicle rental (It looks like a limo on the picture but it's a van) that will pick you up at the port and take you straight to the airport. If you split it 4 ways it's actually less expensive than the shared ride in the regular Super Shuttle.

We did this last December - it worked out great!

We consistantly take a 10:35 flight after our cruises from LAX.
Whoa! You've been lucky. Particularly on a Friday morning during rush hour. The 405 is usually a parking lot and often, even the HOV lane is slowed down. Noon is doable and there's some cushion if there's been an accident on the 110 or 405, but a 10:30am flight is pushing your luck. I've had it take me two hours to go 20 miles on the 405 near LA when there was an accident. And that's not out of the ordinary.

Does Princess dock at San Pedro as NCL does?

If so DO NOT PLAN TO TAKE A TAXI. Order the Super Shuttle, give them a reasonable time frame, keep the number and a charged cellphone handy, and call the SS number as soon as you are at the curb. Tell them when you make the reservation, the ship you're on and projected disembark time; I'm sure they're used to cruise ship pickups.

The Taxi service at San Pedro/LA is restricted to one company and while they have curbside personnel to keep the queue orderly, taking names and # in party and processing in order according to the size of the next taxi in line (prioritizing large parties to the mini-van type taxis) -- it is a major bottleneck. We were there last month with carry-on bags only, but it was tiring to wait for the taxi protocol... we were going to the airport area, but only to pick up our car to go home! With a deadline, it would be stressful!

Edited by crystalspin

If you go with a shuttle, get an exclusive one like Execucar or any of the other many transportation services (aside from the one I can not recommended as it was unreliable). You'll arrange with them the time you (hope) to be off the ship. A good shuttle will have the driver call you directly that morning when he/she gets to the pier and if you're not yet off the ship, the driver will circle around until you call them that you're at the shuttle island. Make sure you bring the company's phone number, which should be on your confirmation email.

We did this with On Time Shuttle last year and it worked out fine (even though we didn't have a flight to catch). In 2011, PT didn't have the driver call us, just had a recorded message, and as it happened, the driver was sent to our house instead (and two weeks prior, the van was sent to the port instead of our house:mad:) which didn't exactly help get us home in due time.

I have an 11:30AM flight, booked thru Princess EZAir, at the end of a cruise from Santiago to LA in a couple of months. Most of the flights available to me were either 11:30 or 12:30 flights, so there weren't any really good options with better timing available, and the 12:30s had very bad connection times. (Yes, I already know the reasons why cruiseline air is not always a good idea, but the fares with EZAir were SO MUCH better.)

I felt "iffy" about it when I made the booking. because I have experienced an arrival in SanPedro at the end of a cruise from Papeete in the past, and getting thru C&I was a lengthy mess. I barely made (as in "I actually ran for it') it for a 12:30 flight that time.

I am not fond of the idea of doing a walk-off because of having to handle all of my own luggage, so I will be hoping and praying for a quick trip thru C&I. I am also hoping, since this is Princess' air arrangement, my disembarkation group will be one of the first after the walk-off group(s).

Have you asked on your roll call if anyone would want to share a ride with you.

Either Super Shuttle or Prime Time has a private vehicle rental (It looks like a limo on the picture but it's a van) that will pick you up at the port and take you straight to the airport. If you split it 4 ways it's actually less expensive than the shared ride in the regular Super Shuttle.

We did this last December - it worked out great!

I would recommend this option as well. I like to know what the cost is going to be as with a taxi....but don't like the uncertainty of a shuttle making all sorts of stops before getting to LAX. This is the best of both world if you can find one or two other couples to share a ride with you.

I would recommend this option as well. I like to know what the cost is going to be as with a taxi....but don't like the uncertainty of a shuttle making all sorts of stops before getting to LAX. This is the best of both world if you can find one or two other couples to share a ride with you.

Taxi approx $60 for up to 4.

Thanks again for all of the advice! I think we will try the execucar option. What time should we plan on being off the boat? We are elite so we can request early disembarcation with the first group.

I'd request 8 or 8:30.

If you're in the vehicle by 9:00 you should be fine!

Thanks again for all of the advice! I think we will try the execucar option. What time should we plan on being off the boat? We are elite so we can request early disembarcation with the first group.

I'd request 8 or 8:30.

If you're in the vehicle by 9:00 you should be fine!

(Execucar is the service I was talking about. I think it's a subsidiary of Super Shuttle. Just know that even though there's a limo in their advertising, it'll be a van that picks you up.)

OP, I got the exact same email from Delta changing my flight from 12:30 to 12:00. Flight 101 to Atlanta. I have used SuperShuttle in the past and if the whole van is full of cruise ship passengers going to LAX, there are no other stops. Find other passengers on your roll call that want to self disembark and arrange an exclusive van from SuperShuttle. Meet and leave the ship together. That's what I'm going to do.

@ Colo Cruiser

I had actually forgotten about the potential other stops. When Super Shuttle comes for us in Orange County we're usually the only ones!

Agree with chamima, some variation of a limousine is the way to go. My message was just to avoid standing in LONG line for a slow progression of taxis when you're on a deadline.

Edited by crystalspin

@ Colo Cruiser

I had actually forgotten about the potential other stops. When Super Shuttle comes for us in Orange County we're usually the only ones!

Agree with chamima, some variation of a limousine is the way to go. My message was just to avoid standing in LONG line for a slow progression of taxis when you're on a deadline.

Gotcha!! Thanks. :)