Whopper of Misinformation

geoherb

I just talked to my friend who purchased several treats through Princess for our Ruby cruises last month. One of them was the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. She knew we had an ocean view cabin, and asked about whether she should get the breakfast for us. The Princess rep told her that they'd find a private balcony for us to use when we ordered the breakfast. Our friend had pictured us being led down the hallway in our bathrobes to a great breakfast set up on a private balcony.

Of course that did not happen. Room service brought everything to our ocean view cabin. I thought it was amusing that the Princess rep would even dream up that scenario.

I just talked to my friend who purchased several treats through Princess for our Ruby cruises last month. One of them was the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. She knew we had an ocean view cabin, and asked about whether she should get the breakfast for us. The Princess rep told her that they'd find a private balcony for us to use when we ordered the breakfast. Our friend had pictured us being led down the hallway in our bathrobes to a great breakfast set up on a private balcony.

Of course that did not happen. Room service brought everything to our ocean view cabin. I thought it was amusing that the Princess rep would even dream up that scenario.

You knew that could never happen. Unfortunately your friend was misled. But I know you enjoyed it anyway. :D

ROFL... wow, every Princess rep I've spoken to was very knowledgeable. Probably got a newbie... :p

Edited by RickEk

The ultimate balcony dinner is worth it for sure. Surf and turf - about four courses and half a bottle of champagne, a rose or two, and you get pictures taken and I believe you get to pick one or maybe two. We also got to choose a cocktail each. The wait staff we have had for these dinners are amazing. We try to book on a day when we are leaving port - cool to sit and watch the island go by. It is a highlight of the cruise for DH and I. $50 each.

Edited by NeurosurgeryNP

Wow, that is really a stretch. A private balcony just sitting open and unused? Weird! :confused:

Also, is it really that big of a deal? A whopper of misinformation... That's quite a statement for a fairly small mistake...

Considering that the Op was told that they would provide a balcony for him, I would consider that a "whopper." It isn't like they have spare balconies just hanging around.

Considering that the Op was told that they would provide a balcony for him, I would consider that a "whopper." It isn't like they have spare balconies just hanging around.

Geoherb has cruised quite a bit with Princess and should not have believed the rep in the first place... Ships usually sail full so where was that breakfast supposed to go? Balconies in particular sell out so finding one for this would be a stretch.. Was Princess supposed to kick someone out?

Yes, the rep was misinformed and yes, Geoherb should have been able to catch the mistake as most of us would have.

In the end, Geoherb's friends got their gift, albeit not on a balcony.

Geoherb has cruised quite a bit with Princess and should not have believed the rep in the first place... Ships usually sail full so where was that breakfast supposed to go? Balconies in particular sell out so finding one for this would be a stretch.. Was Princess supposed to kick someone out?

Yes, the rep was misinformed and yes, Geoherb should have been able to catch the mistake as most of us would have.

Maybe I misunderstood the original post, but I got the impression Geoherb's friend who wasn't familiar with Princess bought it as a gift for Geoherb. I think he did know better, but the friend that purchased it didn't.

We are having our 50th Anniversary when on the Ocean Princess in March. I was thinking after reading the above posts of ordering the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast for us on the day of our Anniversary.

Is it so much better than having breakfast in the Dining Room which we try to do each day except when on an early excursion. I would love to know your thoughts on this and can I order if before going on board?

Jennie

We are having our 50th Anniversary when on the Ocean Princess in March. I was thinking after reading the above posts of ordering the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast for us on the day of our Anniversary.

Is it so much better than having breakfast in the Dining Room which we try to do each day except when on an early excursion. I would love to know your thoughts on this and can I order if before going on board?

Jennie

Yes, you can - it is listed in the Gifts & Services booklet for pre-order:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

From PAGE 9 OF THE BOOKLET:

Champagne balcony breakfast for two

Enjoy a four-course gourmet breakfast and a half bottle of French

champagne — plus breathtaking views — from the comfort of

your balcony. Item #3009 – $32

The Ultimate Balcony breakfast is a nice idea, but they bring way too much food. We ended up leaning over our balcony railing and asking our neighbors to come get plates of food. I think they had delivered something like 8 separate plates of goodies.

We took the champagne to dinner. ;)

I am glad we had the experience, but I wouldn't do it again. All that excess food makes me feel guilty.

In my case I would never do it again. I ordered for my mom (and Aunt & Uncle), my son and wife, my daughter and husband and us. All the same morning. Thought it would be fun. It sucked big time.

We were told you could change the order if you didn't like something. Well, none of us do raw fish. Too bad we got it anyway. My SIL is allergic to dill. My daughter called in advance and discussed it thoroughly. Too bad they sent it anyway. Most of the food went uneaten because we didn't like it and we couldn't change it. We had a SMALL table on our balconies. You know, the kind you would set drinks on while lounging by the pool. Not a regular table. We had to put all the food on the floor if we wanted to put our plates on the table. I felt like I was camping. We couldn't change out anything and there was nothing special about the experience.

For me, I could have flushed the money down the toilet and got more satisfaction than anyone that got the breakfast. An experience I'd never repeat again or recommend to anyone. YMMV.

How dare anyone say anything negative about Princess, the rep probably lied to sell the packeage. Anyone heard of the term mis selling.

If you all had read the OP properly you would have seen that it was a package that was purchased by a friend for Geoherb when he was on his Ruby Princess cruise last month. The friend had no idea of how the balcony breakfast was organized and asked the Princess Rep if it was suitable for someone in an Oceanview cabin. That was when she was told that a balcony would be organized for Geoherb and his partner to enjoy the Breakfast. Some people only half read posts and then jump to the wrong conclusions. Geoherb was just letting us know that not always Reps pass on the correct information.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal