breakfast on disembarkation day

PTAngel

Thank you. This is our first cruise & I have had so many questions answered in this forum. I knew someone would know. I can hardly wait until March. When will we have to leave our room? I would like to watch the docking process before going down to get our carry-on luggage.

You can also eat breakfast in the main dining room. When you leave your room, you may want to take your carry on bag with you to breakfast and disembark when your number and color is called.

Once you're off the ship, you'll go to an area where you'll pick up your bags unless you have the option for them to be transported directly to the airport.

Enjoy every minute of your cruise. Your first will always be special. I'm sure you'll be on many more in the future.

Edited by sellwingri

Thank you. This is our first cruise & I have had so many questions answered in this forum. I knew someone would know. I can hardly wait until March. When will we have to leave our room? I would like to watch the docking process before going down to get our carry-on luggage.

The night before you get to the port, you will receive number tags to put on the luggage you are putting out for the crew to carry down and unload for you. The information sheet that comes with the tags will tell you what is open for breakfast, what time you have to leave to disembark the ship and where the waiting area is for your luggage tag number. They are called in sequence to leave the ship because the luggage is unloaded from the ship in the number sequence you received. After leaving the ship, you find your luggage and go through customs.

The MDR has a wonderful full sit down breakfast on that last morning....We who usually use the WJ were quite surprised at how wonderful this MDR option worked out for us on our recent Oasis cruise...It wasn't rushed at all and we were even able to leave our carryons in our cabin after asking our cabin steward if this would be ok...one of the easiest disembarks we've ever had. :)

We are docking at 7 am. Will we be able to have breakfast before we get off the ship?

You're docking at 7, but you won't be getting off at 7. You asked about watching the ship dock and yes, you'll have time for that. Ships usually pull in before their official docking time. Most of the time, we pull in before we even wake up. You'll have plenty of time to watch the ship dock, go eat and then depart. You don't have to get off the minute your number is called. You just can't get off before since your luggage may not be there yet.

We're on the same cruise you are and the reality is, we don't want to get off at 7 in Baltimore and have to drive home in rush hour traffic to VA. More than likely, it will be closer to 9 before we get off.

As for breakfast, we usually eat in the dining room. We take our carryon's and then go to our waiting area after we eat.

Edited by BND

Thanks BND. I can't wait to meet all the people I have been reading on this forum and the roll call. I am so happy I found this (purely by accident). I'm not sure about taking our carry ons with us to breakfast since we also have 2 CPAP machines and my husband has a cane or walking stick.

We leave our carry ons - or all our luggage if we are self disembarking - in our cabin, and then go and have breakfast in the main dining room on the last morning. We have an early - 7:15am - breakfast, and then head back to our cabin to pick up our stuff, and then head to either our waiting lounge or off the ship.

The past few cruises we have been on they have been asking people to leave their luggage at the entrance of the dining room. Since we have valuable things like computers and c-pap machine with us, that won't work, so that is why we leave the luggage in the cabin while we eat.

If you're well organized, especially on the last night, you won't feel as rushed on the morning of disembarkation. Once your checked luggage is out of your room (prior to midnight), with all the tags attached, and you have your carry on with you, you can get breakfast in the MDR or the Windjammer, go back to your cabin and retrieve your luggage and go to your designated wait area. Seeing the ship coming into the dock will require you to get up VERY early, since the ship usually arrives earlier than 7 a.m. There's no room service, so no coffee to arrive as a wake-up call. We shower, dress and get ready and make one last check of the cabin to make sure we haven't left or forgotten anything, then head up for breakfast. We always try to hurry back to the room so as not to delay the crew from getting on with their work. Just be mindful that they have to get EVERY cabin spotless for the guests that will be boarding shortly after you leave the ship. Enjoy your cruise.

The MDR has a wonderful full sit down breakfast on that last morning....We who usually use the WJ were quite surprised at how wonderful this MDR option worked out for us on our recent Oasis cruise...It wasn't rushed at all and we were even able to leave our carryons in our cabin after asking our cabin steward if this would be ok...one of the easiest disembarks we've ever had. :)

DITTO! We always use the MDR for breakfast since trying it on the Oasis. Much better than WJ IMHO.

If you're well organized, especially on the last night, you won't feel as rushed on the morning of disembarkation. Once your checked luggage is out of your room (prior to midnight), with all the tags attached, and you have your carry on with you, you can get breakfast in the MDR or the Windjammer, go back to your cabin and retrieve your luggage and go to your designated wait area. Seeing the ship coming into the dock will require you to get up VERY early, since the ship usually arrives earlier than 7 a.m. There's no room service, so no coffee to arrive as a wake-up call. We shower, dress and get ready and make one last check of the cabin to make sure we haven't left or forgotten anything, then head up for breakfast. We always try to hurry back to the room so as not to delay the crew from getting on with their work. Just be mindful that they have to get EVERY cabin spotless for the guests that will be boarding shortly after you leave the ship. Enjoy your cruise.

This is our routine as well. After showers we put the remainder (my stuff) in our carryons and head for breakfast. Never feel rushed; we usually linger over coffee then go back to the room. If you do this make sure to put the "do not disturb" card in the door when you go down for breakfast.

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate all the suggestions. This sounds like a terrific idea. I think that's what we'll do. Hurry up March!

This is our routine as well. After showers we put the remainder (my stuff) in our carryons and head for breakfast. Never feel rushed; we usually linger over coffee then go back to the room. If you do this make sure to put the "do not disturb" card in the door when you go down for breakfast.

And we usually let our cabin steward know also of our plan for that last morning...It's always worked out well for us doing it this way..We time everything so we never have to go to a waiting area (:eek:) and are able to then just walk off.:)

It is much smaller than normal. They do not cook all the food, and have mostly continental stuff, no bacon.:eek:

What are you talking about? Grandeur and every other ship I've been on most certainly have cooked, hot breakfasts, including bacon on debarkation day.

We sailed Grandeur last week.:)

Debarkation Day Breakfast options were:

• Great Gatsby Dining Room, Deck 4 (MDR) ~ 7:00AM - 8:30AM (Continuous Service)
  • Windjammer Marketplace, Buffet Breakfast, Deck 9 ~ 6:00AM - 8:30AM

Service Available:

• Cafe Latte-tudes, Deck 6 ~ 7:00AM - 8:30AM

Enjoy your first cruise!:)

I usually go to the WJ early, grab a couple boxes of cereal, milk, fruit, yogurt and go back to the room and eat it before we leave. It's much easier for us than fighting crowds !

I just hate leaving the extra mess for the room steward who has to get everything spotless for the next guests.

I also enjoyed eating in the Main Dining room on the last day. This is one reason why I don't book any flight for the day or even a couple after the cruise arrives at the last port.

The Main Dining room was not crowded at all. What we did was do the self walk off with our bags. We left our bags in our room on Deck 2 and went up for breakfast and then a few minutes before our walk-off time we went down to the room and grabbed our bags and walked off the ship.

The full breakfast tied us over until lunch in Rome. The year before I had an early flight out of Barcelona and I had to literally rush to get my breakfast. I mean the Windjammer said they would open at a certain time and things were running behind schedule so I only had time for a cup of coffee, pastry and fruit.

But luckily I had Airline Lounge access at Barcelona. It took an hour from the time I left my gate until I was in the Airline Lounge as it was early morning.

All in all I vote for the MDR on the final morning just be sure to confirm the times its being served on you last Sea Compass.