Another suite question re: tips

GreenValleyDogWalker

Hi

We have been elite, suite passengers for a while now - love, love, love the breakfast in Sabatini's - it has never dawned on us (duh) to tip the servers, cooks in Sabatini's - either at the beginning of the cruise, or the end. On our last cruise - we noticed 2 different couples "tipping" the server - and the cooks

What does everyone else do ? - I feel ashamed that we didn't tip - if that is the "norm" for the wonderful service received each and every morning at breakfast...

HELP ??

We had 3 waiters. Left envelopes for each on last morning with extra $10 in for each.
We have cruised in a suite several times. We tip about the same amount we tip our waitstaff in the dining room and give it on the last morning. I have been told from waitstaff in the dining rooms, Sabatini's for breakfast and attendants in the Sanctuary that any cash tips are pooled between the waiter and jr. waiter in the dining room or the Sabatini breakfast staff or the Sanctuary attendants.

It's interesting to see the different views for tipping at breakfast in Sabbatinis.

On our last 7 night cruise, we tipped $30.00 on the last morning.

The past couple of 4 night cruises, we tipped $20.00 on the last morning. Not great consistancy there, but the waiters should receive something extra, for such a wonderful treat..........that they call breakfast!!;)

Rick

My DH and I are not big tippers, but are respectful and tip in a moderate way. That being said, when DD and I were on the Emerald last summer, we were cared for in such a way by our server in Sabatini's, that I could not not tip her. She was just under 30; but she was mom, grandma, and nurturing big sister all rolled into one. I gave her a 50Euro note, and wished i had more to give. I'm not certain if this is/was the norm for service.

Speciality Restaurant Tipping is very subjective. That being said, the suites Sabatini's Breakfasts waiters deserve a little something extra. As stated above, it depends on the length of the cruise. On a 7 day cruise, we usually tip $20/Waiter/ Head Waiter, of which there are usually 2 & 1. On our 14 day Hawaiian cruise it is bumped to $40/Waiter/Head Waiter, again there are usually 2 & 1. :rolleyes: They work so hard and give so much pleasure and of course they pamper the heck out of you! ;)

Is Sabatini's full suite breakfast available on disembarkation day?
Unfortunately, no :( Full suite passengers can order from Room Service on disembarkation day. We did that our last cruise, but found the food to be mediocre at best. I would suggest going to the dining room for breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, no :( Full suite passengers can order from Room Service on disembarkation day. We did that our last cruise, but found the food to be mediocre at best. I would suggest going to the dining room for breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And we just experienced the opposite.....room service was wonderful.

We requested special omletes........and they arrived, as requested....on the Sapphire Princess. Let's face it......the day of disembarkation.......will never be your best on a cruise!!:D

Rick

I had breakfast in Sabatini's from short cruises to long ones. The very first time I had this experience, I was blown away by the attention that I received. Latte's were served within minutes of my arrival. Yes, I did tip the personnel here. I am surprised to hear that they are not allowed to keep this tip but must share it. What was even more exciting was that every time I returned to the Golden, one person who was our waiter in Sabatini's, moved on to other stations (Crown Grill, Piazza, etc). He remembered me wherever he was. And his service was still outstanding. I am glad to announce that he became a Horizon Court Supervisor just before they embarked on their South American cruises.

And we just experienced the opposite.....room service was wonderful.

We requested special omletes........and they arrived, as requested....on the Sapphire Princess. Let's face it......the day of disembarkation.......will never be your best on a cruise!!:D

Rick

We were on the January 20th Sapphire cruise. We both ordered cheese omelettes with english muffin. The omelette was not very good and we got the breakfast sandwich instead of just an english muffin. Those two options are in very different parts of the order form. The muffin part of the sandwich was soggy. In addition, we had checked to have it delivered between 7:00 and 7:30 and it was delivered at 6:40.