How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have no idea.I cancelled my December 2020 cruise.It was the only one I had booked.

A shame, and I really feel for you but probably a wise decision. I am not confident any cruises will go this year at all.

I and many others hope to be cruising by the end of the year, but at this stage it is just hope. I know cruising will start off again with all sorts of restrictions and one of those is likely to be to do with a persons health (i.e some sort of doctor's certificate to allow travel). If this is the case, many who had cruised previously, will not be able to cruise again.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A shame, and I really feel for you but probably a wise decision. I am not confident any cruises will go this year at all.

I and many others hope to be cruising by the end of the year, but at this stage it is just hope. I know cruising will start off again with all sorts of restrictions and one of those is likely to be to do with a persons health (i.e some sort of doctor's certificate to allow travel). If this is the case, many who had cruised previously, will not be able to cruise again.

I have too many medical problems to do another cruise .Therefore,I may have taken my last .

Good health to you and yours.

13 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

As things stand now, I do not think I am likely to set foot on a cruise ship before, say, May of 2020.  

You may not have any choice about that either, international travel may well be blocked by many countries.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:56 AM, clo said:

No matter what?

LOL!

Not exactly! Only when it appears safe again!

We know that anything can happen but I'd like to see vaccines available for current issues as well as additional safety procedures in place like what cruise lines are already gearing up to make the ships safer.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:17 PM, MicCanberra said:

Totally agree! The issue with the health certs is that there is no way to know if someone may picked up something between getting the Dr Certification and the day of the sailing! With my TA and Caribbean cruise in November, I am not optimistic. The TA starts in Britain and I am about to cancel that one but I want to wait to see if I can move it out to late  2021 since it is one of those old on board bookings that I have no penalty to move with RCCL.  The Caribbean one is with Celebrity and that too will be cancelled closer to the sailing date! Then there is the one to your homeland Australia in March when we plan to stay with friends in Perth and I don't think it will be soon enough to do that one either but again, I want to wait to see if I can move that one out another year!