How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

17 minutes ago, ldubs said:

532 days.

Woo Hoo! We are officially on the board.   

Fully refundable just in case. 😀

270 to 450 days.

I guess I am more cautiously optimistic than you — cautious because I won’t book anything until things look good - so I keep it at 270 days and holding, because I think it will take about 9 months to work the bugs out;  but optimistic because I do believe 15 months should have things back to acceptable, if not normal.

14 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

270 to 450 days.

I guess I am more cautiously optimistic than you — cautious because I won’t book anything until things look good - so I keep it at 270 days and holding, because I think it will take about 9 months to work the bugs out;  but optimistic because I do believe 15 months should have things back to acceptable, if not normal.

I hope you are right on the timing.  We were holding for the same reasons as you.  We decided to pull the plug for a British Isles cruise because the extra cost for a fully refundable fare wasn't too bad.  This is one of my favorite itineraries.  I sure hope it happens.   

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

I hope you are right on the timing.  We were holding for the same reasons as you.  We decided to pull the plug for a British Isles cruise because the extra cost for a fully refundable fare wasn't too bad.  This is one of my favorite itineraries.  I sure hope it happens.   

Azamera August 2022 - Dublin to London by any chance?

This is the one we are looking at for our return to the sea.  Followed by visit with sister’s family near London, and home on QM2.

9 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Azamera August 2022 - Dublin to London by any chance?

This is the one we are looking at for our return to the sea.  Followed by visit with sister’s family near London, and home on QM2.

RCI out of Amsterdam.  Circumnavigate the British Isles then back to Amsterdam.  I am really hoping we can tag on some days to get up to Brussels.  I would like to visit Waterloo.  For no other reason than just to be where it happened.   

4 minutes ago, ldubs said:

RCI out of Amsterdam.  Circumnavigate the British Isles then back to Amsterdam.  I am really hoping we can tag on some days to get up to Brussels.  I would like to visit Waterloo.  For no other reason than just to be where it happened.   

The Quest’s itinerary  from Dublin holds a particular attraction - she calls at Londonderry where my wife’s father was born (although he called it by its REAL name: Derry), then at Galway - which my great-grandfather left in 1835.

4 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

The Quest’s itinerary  from Dublin holds a particular attraction - she calls at Londonderry where my wife’s father was born (although he called it by its REAL name: Derry), then at Galway - which my great-grandfather left in 1835.

That is an attraction.  I don't know why but I always enjoy places more when I have some kind of aim or objective.  Kind of like a treasure hunt,  however you say that.    We did something similar in Switzerland to visit the hometown of my wife's grandfather.  

My distant ancestors are perportedly from up in Northumberland, though we know of no relations there now.   I actually was able to gather some pretty good travel tips for the area here on Cruise Critic, should we ever get a chance to visit.   

BTW, There were two places in all my travels where it was unusually difficult to communicate with the locals in English.  One was Nagasaki, where neither of us understood the other.  The other was Dublin, where they understood me but I had no idea what they were saying.  

19 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

You realize, of course, that that was intentional on their part; but you must agree - it still sounded lovely.

We had no problem in Ireland and, yes, it's charming. But Glasgow? Could have been ancient Aramaic. No clue 🙂

15 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

You realize, of course, that that was intentional on their part; but you must agree - it still sounded lovely.

Most accents sound appealing to me.  I never occurred that we were being gamed.   Though I guess I wouldn't doubt it because I might try the same thing if I had the talent.