How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

Well, it was supposed to be about 150+ days until our Alaska cruise, but I've just heard that Alaskan cruises are basically cancelled until NEXT year.  It's a ruling by Canada. Our HA cruise was to leave from Vancouver.

We have a Transatlantic cruise in November and I sure hope that goes off-we planned on six weeks of travel prior and have hotels booked all over Europe

9 hours ago, LynnTTT said:

Well, it was supposed to be about 150+ days until our Alaska cruise, but I've just heard that Alaskan cruises are basically cancelled until NEXT year.  It's a ruling by Canada. Our HA cruise was to leave from Vancouver.

We have a Transatlantic cruise in November and I sure hope that goes off-we planned on six weeks of travel prior and have hotels booked all over Europe

You have info correct.  All cruises into Canadian ports are on hold until Feb 28, 2022. Sooooooo that means no Alaska or New England cruises.

2 hours ago, Noodles84 said:

Canada has closed its ports for cruising until the end of Feb.2022, so not too optimistic, but have a European cruise booked for Oct. 2022.  Here's hoping!

Yes, it is getting serious now. In a way, I hope our Government would also make a bold statement and make it official instead of just announcing it may well be the case. At least then we know and can act accordingly with our cancelled cruises, now we are just in limbo and the cruise companies are the same.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Actually, we have a change in plans, only 237 now until we board the Murray Princess. I am much more confident this one will happen.

Well, I wish you good luck with that.  Here in Canada, all cruise ships are banned from our ports until Feb. 2022, so it doesn't look very encouraging for other travel either for a good while anyway.