Here are the 50% discount promotion numbers

Ok here are the real numbers of a cruise I booked while aboard the Freedom April 6th. I booked a Junior Suite on the Adventure for March 22nd 2015.

Cruise Fare Passenger 1: 1449

Cruise Fare Passenger 2: 1449

Total 2898

Diamond Balcony Discount -225

Taxes of 63.56 per person 127.12

Invoice Total 2800.12

Onboard credit of 200 from booking on board.

I called today and was on hold for about 45 minutes. Well worth it and very smooth and easy to do. They adjusted this booking to the following:

Cruise Fare Passenger 1: 1649 (up 200 from original booking)

Cruise Fare Passenger 2: 1649 (up 200 from original booking)

Total 3298

Diamond Balcony Discount: -225

50% discount Passenger 2: -825

Taxes per person 63.56: 127.12

Invoice Total: 2375.12

Was able to keep the 200 onboard credit from booking onboard as well.

Total savings from this for me was $425.

This to me is a great promotion. I also booked a 2016 cruise on the adventure as well for a junior suite. The Invoice total with this promotion for that came to $1827 for both of us! I don't think you are going to do much better than this!

We booked two cruises while on board the Explorer last month for next April and May. Called RCCL a couple of hours ago and because of more than heavy call volume, I was on hold one hour and 48 minutes, however, on the two cruises, we saved $1,586.00.

Since one of our two cruises next year is to Europe, the savings will pay for a good portion of our airfare. What a promotion. I think one of the better ones yet,

Does that count for a solo passenger where there is no 2nd passenger. Can the single supplement be halved??? :confused:

When I checked (just one cruise I looked at), the solo rate was the same as 1.5x the first passenger rate.

You might want to try some mock bookings of your own on the web site to see whether you see the same thing.

Does that count for a solo passenger where there is no 2nd passenger. Can the single supplement be halved??? :confused:

Yes, solos can take advantage of the sale. You are paying for 2 in a cabin, when you book solo. I just saved $800 on my Liberty of the Seas cruise.

I called (D+ #) this afternoon and was on hold for less than 2 min. glad I didn't have to spend much time because...this discount only apply's to the current prevailing rate..mine was booked at much less..so no additional discount for my 2015 cruise.

The price of our cruise has steadily decreased since we booked it a month ago. We knew when we booked it, that the price was high and anticipated a price drop... But not as much as it has!

The first time it dropped about $400 The second time it dropped about $130.00. This last time, with the current sale, it dropped about $600.00. This is for a January cruise on the ALLURE in a CLS. VERY happy and we will certainly be sailing with RCCL again and again.( even though we don't expect this kind of price in the future)

Edited by DCT61

I wonder if I can re-book my January 2015 while onboard next week to get the OBC and then come back and cancel my existing reservation.:confused:

The price is the same. The only difference would be getting OBC:rolleyes:

I wonder if you book a room as a double and one person cancels, will they reprice it to the single promo rate? or will you lose the promo rate altogether?

you could always book as a double and the second person just doesn't turn up..... what are they going to do? they won't stop you and its too late to do anything about it

I wonder if I can re-book my January 2015 while onboard next week to get the OBC and then come back and cancel my existing reservation.:confused:

The price is the same. The only difference would be getting OBC:rolleyes:

I would definitely try.

you could always book as a double and the second person just doesn't turn up..... what are they going to do? they won't stop you and its too late to do anything about it

Would they return taxes and fees for the person who didn't show up? ~$200 on the cruise I have booked.

Edited by marci22

Would they return taxes and fees for the person who didn't show up? ~$200 on the cruise I have booked.

I believe that if you cancel last minute say like 24 to 48 hrs prior you get port fees and taxes back. If it's a no show I don't believe that you do.

Where did you find out about this promotion? I haven't heard of it.

Thanks, Joyce

I picked it up on April 30th on this CC board. Got an e-mail yesterday afternoon, but had already booked a Central Park balcony on Oasis for Feb. 6, '16 for a great price. Gave me an advance opportunity to explore the various itineraries/ships. Too bad the '16 Medit. itineraries are not out yet, but I'm hoping that it comes out before this great promotion runs out.

What is the reduced deposit amount for a solo C&A member?

There is no reduced deposit amount...unless you are talking about booking onboard...then it is the normal $100 deposit for a 7nt cruise...

There is no reduced deposit amount...unless you are talking about booking onboard...then it is the normal $100 deposit for a 7nt cruise...

I think I read that in the fine print below the sale ad. Do you recall the regular deposit amount for a solo?

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

I think I read that in the fine print below the sale ad. Do you recall the regular deposit amount for a solo?

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

Regular deposit on a 7nt cruise is $250

When I had called right after midnight on May 1st, before they had adjusted the prices for solo travelers, I said I would just book it for 2 people and one wouldn't show up. What I was told, which I thought was crazy, was that with this special if the second person didn't show up you would loose the 50%off the second person, because there was no second person, and you would be charged the full price when you showed up the day of the cruise. How crazy is that. (like a military rate, if you showed up at the pier without the proper id, the discount would be taken away and you would be charged the full price)

The next morning when I checked, the solo rates were there, so it turned out to be a non issue for me.