Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

So, if true, why decorate (and possibly name) the MDR with DD themes, when you're never going to have DD?

When we booked our Harmony cruise over a year ago, we asked for, and were given DD. Then round about last Summer it was revealed that the Harmony was changing back to normal dining + My Time. We were automatically changed to My Time. They had already started to call the three dining rooms by the DD names then.

:):)

Edited by W and W

They had already started to call the three dining rooms by the DD names then.

But, after that, RCI, who is known to update their web site very slowly, changed the deck plan of Harmony to list it as MDR. Also, I would think that decorating the MDR the same on all three levels would be cheaper than the three different schemes.

But, after that, RCI, who is known to update their web site very slowly, changed the deck plan of Harmony to list it as MDR. Also, I would think that decorating the MDR the same on all three levels would be cheaper than the three different schemes.

Perhaps it was already pre purchased, in the DD dining schemes, in a contract at the same time as Oasis and Allure going into dry dock. DD was going to be the way for all of the Oasis Class, so now on Harmony they are using what they already paid for.

Edit: just a theory but if they already negotiated for it at a set price they would pay more for the change. It will be curious to see how Oasis 4 is furnished in the MDR.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Perhaps it was already pre purchased, in the DD dining schemes, in a contract at the same time as Oasis and Allure going into dry dock. DD was going to be the way for all of the Oasis Class, so now on Harmony they are using what they already paid for.

Edit: just a theory but if they already negotiated for it at a set price they would pay more for the change. It will be curious to see how Oasis 4 is furnished in the MDR.

That's sort of what I thought but when the Quantum outdoor screen was moved after it was initially installed, it seems RCI has no problem paying change fees. It could be that RCI simply wants the Oasis class to look the same in the MDR so they left it as is.

That's sort of what I thought but when the Quantum outdoor screen was moved after it was initially installed, it seems RCI has no problem paying change fees. It could be that RCI simply wants the Oasis class to look the same in the MDR so they left it as is.

Where was the Q big screen before?

Where was the Q big screen before?

I think there's pics of the original screen mounts in the Q building thread - I think it was at the end of the pool. I seem to remember that change came real late.

Yes, but that's a functional change, quite different from a decorative one

cool picture.

I never thought Dreamworks added much of anything to the cruise except some décor. Maybe some costumes during the parades. Nothing like the immersion into Disney that DCL has.

I don't think many people book Harmony or any cruise for a photo op with a DreamWorks character.

DreamWork's was very recently (a couple days ago) acquired by Universal/Comcast. I wonder if this will have any effect on the rights held by Royal Caribbean and Harmony of the Seas, debuting after the deal. :confused:

Usually such contracts are written with language to allow the licensing deals to continue even in the event either company is bought. See the Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park with its Marvel Superhero Island. Disney bought Marvel in 2009, but must continue to honor the existing licensing deal which allows their competitor Universal to profit off the Disney owned Marvel characters just 10 miles up the road from Walt Disney World. Meanwhile Disney is forbidden by that contract from having any Marvel attractions at Walt Disney World.

As for the specific deal we are talking about between Dreamworks and Royal Caribbean, I can only see Comcast ownership of Dreamworks strengthening the bond between Royal Caribbean and Dreamworks. In case you weren't already aware, Royal Caribbean teams up with Universal to offer land and sea vacation packages which feature a Royal Caribbean cruise combined with a stay at Universal Orlando:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=universal_main

This is of course designed to compete with Disney which offers its very popular land and sea vacations which combine a cruise on the Disney Cruise Line with a stay at Walt Disney World.

I've seen photos with hints from the Grande (light fixture) and American Icon Grill (possible curved glass panels waĺl).

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I saw a picture a few days ago (can't find it; may have been taken down) that was a picture looking up from deck 3. The carpeting looked similar to what would be in American Icon.

Anxious to see the final Abyss-installed photos...to view the impact of the view experience from the Boardwalk and Boardwalk balconies to the Aquatheater and back of the ship in general.

The passenger reactions will likely be "mixed".

The Ultimate as it looked today, May 3.

They will work on the exit area before installing the rest of the dry slides sections (re-installing in the case of the portside slide which was fully assembled before the last few sections were removed last week).

4ec2e83e36d1b04af89f4716815bd2ba.jpg

2379f3dc3f331417d20787dea80a5ab6.jpg

39c0d4b314a41f336c700003fe41973e.jpg

b79932fe5aaeb3f46a629dc93467fad5.jpg

The non-purple part of the port side dry slide was removed last week...

2afa0efb3708740fcbb876a98a05dcbe.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I saw a picture a few days ago (can't find it; may have been taken down) that was a picture looking up from deck 3. The carpeting looked similar to what would be in American Icon.

Some MDR photos

8604c8ef4d72ce9b84a5873b8fe8bc84.jpg

df7f0e06ff838034913f65e10e000f8b.jpg

0a7179f3bce94ee95c00ba3fbf83df7b.jpg

16f2ff9c6074068abfe61e556b13465a.jpg

941d1767381497b2055410e32146aa5c.jpg

2bd2f9e06d209e5c49474cf565752074.jpg

[con't]

Reminder: The original plans for the Harmony of the seas dining area - American Icon Grill (on Deck 3), The Grande (on Deck 4) and Chic (on Deck 5).

57386694919e4e16cd2fe47bab562aac.jpg

f0a49aae42dce715abee617e74d2d8b0.jpg

This light fixture on deck 4 is like the ones in the Grande restaurants on Quantum-class ships.

a71d9d78730af217fe7f6db073ef684c.jpg

The curved frame on deck 3 may be for glass panels similar to the landscape glass panel curved walls in the American Icon Grill venues on Quantum-class ships.

c75824eb0931bb334e3f30cec236a1df.jpg

If you check out the carpeting in the photos in this post and the previous one, you’ll notice that they are similar to those in Quantum-class – You can see AIG carpeting on deck 3 and Silk (and not Chic) carpeting on deck 5 in the photos. Unfortunately in any photos I’ve seen of deck 4, the carpeting has been covered to protect it, as they are allowing the crew to dine on this deck.

Edited by Lloyd555

If you've already posted them my apologies, but do you think you can get any pics of a GS and/or JS? Thanks so much!

Would love to see a grand suite as well. They we're really nice on the quantum.

Glad I am not in a boardwalk stateroom to much noise from all that will be going on!

If you've already posted them my apologies, but do you think you can get any pics of a GS and/or JS? Thanks so much!

Would love to see a grand suite as well. They we're really nice on the quantum.

Glad I am not in a boardwalk stateroom to much noise from all that will be going on!

There are hardly any cabin photos to show.

If it is any consolation, they look a lot like Quantum-class cabins.

Check out all the Harmony of the Seas photos here:

https://www.pinterest.com/lloydmarchand/harmony-of-the-seas-oasis-3-construction-at-stx-fr/

Anxious to see the final Abyss-installed photos...to view the impact of the view experience from the Boardwalk and Boardwalk balconies to the Aquatheater and back of the ship in general.

The passenger reactions will likely be "mixed".

We are really not amused!

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo A816 mit Tapatalk