FREE Photo Hour!! ???

Nightowl11

Just read this on the Patters from the Golden Princess - May 28th, 2014:

FREE Photo Hour!! - Any of your own Photos with the

Managers Stamp on the back are yours FREE!! (1hr only!).

Photo & Video Gallery

What exactly does this mean? Are these the photos that they normally charge $19.99 and $24.99 for? How many do they really "give" away? Is this just a gimmick to get you to come see the photos that the ships photographers took? Has this been done on other ships?

Never heard of this before.

Sounds like they have put a special stamp on the back of a few (very few?) photos to encourage everyone to look at their pictures.

A few (very few?) will get a photo free.

But a number of photos will be sold to people who otherwise might not have taken the trouble to look for them.

That hour might be a good time to use the Internet. Many people will not be on it at that time as they will be searching for their photos.

Edited by caribill

OMG, can you imagine the crowds of people trying to get to their pics, flip them over and look for a stamp, only to stick them back all messed up, covered other people's photos? Yikes. I think they'd do better to reduce the price of the pics or do away with the corny, cheesy pics that have seen better days.

OMG, can you imagine the crowds of people trying to get to their pics, flip them over and look for a stamp, only to stick them back all messed up, covered other people's photos?
I have images of the doorbuster deals at Wal-Mart on Black Friday.

Does anybody know if this is done on most cruises? If it happened on my last Princess trip, I missed it. I agree it would be a fiasco to try for such a free photo -- but if nothing else pulls me away.

I have been on several cruises where they have this "promotion". The latest was the Coral in Alaska a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't on every leg (I was on 3). Yes, it is a mad house with everyone going through their photos hunting for the stamp. I've never seen any on mine. I have watched as people have found the treasure stamp (not many).

They had offers like this several times on our December Golden cruise. I looked at our photos a couple of times to see if we 'won', but of course we didn't.

I didn't notice much difference in the number of people looking at pictures. I'm sure the number of free photos was very small.

I've gotten to the point where I politely decline all the ship "opportunities" for photos...no boarding, port, meal or pirate pictures, thanks.

Not one picture taken on either of our last 2 cruises...it was rather refreshing! :D

Me too. And definitely not at dinner - we're try to eat, thanks.

I've gotten to the point where I politely decline all the ship "opportunities" for photos...no boarding, port, meal or pirate pictures, thanks.

Not one picture taken on either of our last 2 cruises...it was rather refreshing! :D

We usually do too. We've been doing it for years. We just walk right by the photo "opportunities" and just tell them we can't have our picture taken because we're in the Witness Protection Program. While that phrase isn't new to them nowadays, it does give them pause long enough for us to slip by. ;)

Just read this on the Patters from the Golden Princess - May 28th, 2014:

FREE Photo Hour!! - Any of your own Photos with the

Managers Stamp on the back are yours FREE!! (1hr only!).

Photo & Video Gallery

I didn't notice much difference in the number of people looking at pictures.

Maybe few people noticed this promotion in the Patter.

However, this promotion leads to other possibilities:

o Buy an original work of art at the art auction. Once purchased, if the art has the manager's stamp on the back, it is yours for free.

o Book the Sanctuary for the week. If on Wednesday your cushion has a manager's stamp on the back, that day's fee is refunded.

o Dine at Sabatini's or the steak restaurant. If your bill has a manager's stamp on the back, the meal will be for free.

o Treat your noro symptoms with a visit to the medical center. If your pill bottle has a manager's stamp on the bottom, there will be no charge.

Does anybody know if this is done on most cruises? If it happened on my last Princess trip, I missed it. I agree it would be a fiasco to try for such a free photo -- but if nothing else pulls me away.

Yes, it WAS offered on the recent Island Princess repo cruise LA-Vancouver about day 3 or 4. It was advertised in the Patter. I did not partake in having any photos taken, though.

Too bad Princess isn't following Carnival's lead on this.

Carnival has a stand up board with pictures placed in it for all to see. If your is there it's free. No hunting thru anything.

I am the one who posted the Patters from the Golden. Yes, it was a madhouse in the photo area. We didn't go look for our stamp, but happened to going to Vista area at the same time. The photographers also handed out raffle tickets every time you got your picture taken, and two times during the cruise they drew for several sets of free pictures. We did go to the photo area for one of the drawings, and it was a ZOO. We skipped the next one.