????'s regarding "Concierge" class

marco

On the Roll Call thread for an upcoming "X" cruise, someone posted: Is it worth upgrading to Concierge Class? I was thinking the same thing, but I thought this is a better thread to ask on. "Is it worth it?" is completely subjective, but what's the difference and what's the "extra" you get with concierge class? It's been a few years since we've sailed on "X", and I'm not even sure they had concierge class last we sailed with them.

For us, there are special little things in the concierge class for which I wouldn't pay a lot extra but a reasonable amount. You do get priority boarding as well as extra points towards your captain club's level. If you are close to the next level, I might consider it.

It did seem like the staff onboard did go out of their way for concierge class - never a wait in the dining room, for us, anyway. I love the C2 rooms on the S-class -- the hump cabins midship are wow!! The pillow menu and nicer towels, fresh flowers in your room, etc. are also a nice touch.

The Aqua Class is what makes it worth so much more. If only it were more affordable....Blu is the main reason for AQ, bottled water in your room, nice shower head and entrance to Persian Gardens and the relaxation lounge are also so nice....plus you also get all the benefits of concierge class. So, if not too much more, then this is definitely worth it. The CC ... maybe but not that much above the standard level balcony.

Sparkling wine, better towels and robes, flower(s) in the room, afternoon canapes, and a few other things. On M class ships the rooms are slightly larger. Standard S class cabins are all the same size. As previously mentioned, the tend to be in prime locations on the ship. If you are working your way up in loyalty points, the Concierge Class cabins offer 5 points per day sailed.

It is truly an individual decision as to whether these make it worthwile to upgrade to Concierge Class. For us, we like the extras.

I chose concierge because of the mid-ship cabin location & the deck.The other extras did not influence my decision.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not thrilled about extras, but like Sky Deck location of our cabin in CC

We are on a 17 day cruise in October and certainly chose the C2 cabin on the Solstice because of the location and the footstool. I love being so close to the resort deck and being able to get ice from the buffet whenever I like. Not bothered about the elevators but having a large deck and a lounger will be amazing.

There are very well located standard balcony cabins that are not CC. IMO extras not worth much at all. Shop carefully and know what you're really paying for. I used to book CC (still would on M class due to larger cabins) but I finally realized it was more of an ego thing on my part than because I was actual getting some real value for the extra $$$.

On the Roll Call thread for an upcoming "X" cruise, someone posted: Is it worth upgrading to Concierge Class? I was thinking the same thing, but I thought this is a better thread to ask on. "Is it worth it?" is completely subjective, but what's the difference and what's the "extra" you get with concierge class? It's been a few years since we've sailed on "X", and I'm not even sure they had concierge class last we sailed with them.

We've done Concierge Class a few times...including our most recent two Celebrity cruises on Eclipse and Silhouette...

We weren't "chasing points" as we were already Elite...

Both times, we originally booked Verandah cabins...In my book, the added "amenities" are pretty much worthless.

I've always said "I don't care what cabin I'm in, just get me on the ship". All cabins go to the same ports, get the same food, the same entertainment, etc. ...and I don't really spend all that much time in my cabin, really mostly to sleep, change clothes and use the bathroom...and you don't even need the balcony for that!

But then, I DO like having a balcony--for the extra space, the extra light, the ability to walk outside for fresh air or just to sit out there and read or relax...

So, years ago, we made the decision that, unless we were in some extreme budget crunch, we'd always book at least a balcony.

But, beyond that? We've had suites...and they've been extremely nice...incredible service, loads of extra space. If (or when) money is no object, yeah, I'll take a suite...

But, what do I get extra for a Concierge Class cabin?

Well, years ago, they had no Concierge Class cabins--those were ALL just balcony cabins...So, looking for a way to get some extra revenue on a portion of the balcony cabins, Celebrity came up with the bright idea of putting in a nicer shower head (supposedly, but still not a hand-held sprayer) and giving you a basket of fruit (saves a trip up to the buffet, I guess) and a bottle of cheap champagne (and other similar unimportant amenities like a plusher robe) and upping the price considerably...

I won't pay a considerably higher price for any of this...

So, why have I ended up there so often? I watch the prices on my cruises on a regular basis...It seems, from my experience, that these Concierge Class cabins are the hardest ones for X to sell off--especially at premium prices...So, often, somewhere along the line, they will drop prices or run a deal on these Concierge Class cabins...One recent cruise, they dropped the price on a Concierge Class guarantee to within $50 per person of what we were paying for the balcony--so we grabbed it...Another time, they ran a deal on a Concierge Class Guarantee rate at LESS than our ordinary verandah rate (a no-brainer)...Of course, we've also learned that, once they assign the cabin on the guarantee rate, we can call up and have them move us to a different cabin in the same exact category--an option we used to always pick off one of those Concierge Class cabins on the "slant" or "hump" with the extra large balconies...So, on those two cruises, we wound up in 2111 on Eclipse and 2106 on Silhouette...

So, is it worth it? Sure--if you can pick up that Concierge Class for very close to what you were paying for an ordinary balcony, especially if you can get a premium cabin location or extra large balcony...

But, would I ever pay the typical Concierge Class list price premium for a plush robe, cheap champagne and fruit in my room? Heck, no! An "ordinary" balcony is plenty nice...Save the money and use it elsewhere...

We've done Concierge Class a few times...including our most recent two Celebrity cruises on Eclipse and Silhouette...

We weren't "chasing points" as we were already Elite...

Both times, we originally booked Verandah cabins...In my book, the added "amenities" are pretty much worthless.

I've always said "I don't care what cabin I'm in, just get me on the ship". All cabins go to the same ports, get the same food, the same entertainment, etc. ...and I don't really spend all that much time in my cabin, really mostly to sleep, change clothes and use the bathroom...and you don't even need the balcony for that!

But then, I DO like having a balcony--for the extra space, the extra light, the ability to walk outside for fresh air or just to sit out there and read or relax...

So, years ago, we made the decision that, unless we were in some extreme budget crunch, we'd always book at least a balcony.

But, beyond that? We've had suites...and they've been extremely nice...incredible service, loads of extra space. If (or when) money is no object, yeah, I'll take a suite...

But, what do I get extra for a Concierge Class cabin?

Well, years ago, they had no Concierge Class cabins--those were ALL just balcony cabins...So, looking for a way to get some extra revenue on a portion of the balcony cabins, Celebrity came up with the bright idea of putting in a nicer shower head (supposedly, but still not a hand-held sprayer) and giving you a basket of fruit (saves a trip up to the buffet, I guess) and a bottle of cheap champagne (and other similar unimportant amenities like a plusher robe) and upping the price considerably...

I won't pay a considerably higher price for any of this...

So, why have I ended up there so often? I watch the prices on my cruises on a regular basis...It seems, from my experience, that these Concierge Class cabins are the hardest ones for X to sell off--especially at premium prices...So, often, somewhere along the line, they will drop prices or run a deal on these Concierge Class cabins...One recent cruise, they dropped the price on a Concierge Class guarantee to within $50 per person of what we were paying for the balcony--so we grabbed it...Another time, they ran a deal on a Concierge Class Guarantee rate at LESS than our ordinary verandah rate (a no-brainer)...Of course, we've also learned that, once they assign the cabin on the guarantee rate, we can call up and have them move us to a different cabin in the same exact category--an option we used to always pick off one of those Concierge Class cabins on the "slant" or "hump" with the extra large balconies...So, on those two cruises, we wound up in 2111 on Eclipse and 2106 on Silhouette...

So, is it worth it? Sure--if you can pick up that Concierge Class for very close to what you were paying for an ordinary balcony, especially if you can get a premium cabin location or extra large balcony...

But, would I ever pay the typical Concierge Class list price premium for a plush robe, cheap champagne and fruit in my room? Heck, no! An "ordinary" balcony is plenty nice...Save the money and use it elsewhere...

I have pretty much done the same thing that Steve does however I try and reach a little higher and go for Aqua class cabins which have a real incentive and that is Blu restaurant. Very often you can get AQ cabins for the same as a veranda or even a Concierge cabin.

Is it worth upgrading to Concierge Class?

Some people will say "no" for very good reasons.

Some people will say "yes" for very good reasons.

We only book Concierge class and higher. We love all the extra perks and the perks are worth the extra money to us. (Some reasonable people will disagree with that statement and that is fine, but we get to decide what is right for us and what we want to afford.)

We really like Aqua class even better because of BLU restaurant. Maybe someday BLU will be included in Concierge class.

Booking a suite takes it to a whole different level, especially next year when X institutes the "suites only" dining room. Can't wait to try that experience.

I have pretty much done the same thing that Steve does however I try and reach a little higher and go for Aqua class cabins which have a real incentive and that is Blu restaurant. Very often you can get AQ cabins for the same as a veranda or even a Concierge cabin.

I am sailing on the Summit in August and the AQ cabins are cheaper then the CC cabins! For those who like Blu a real bargin. However, most people have paid in full already, so those who are just booking now can get a bargain and the 123 package also!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Location, footstools and expanded breakfast menu. But mainly location and footstools. I spend a lot of time out on the balcony so I like a larger than normal balcony as well as the ability to have a "lounger" with the footstool.

Heck, for my 10 night in December the C2 was just $45 more than a regular balcony. AQ is still over $1,300 pp over what we paid for the C2 so that is not an option 9alhough there is a long way to go). Should have bought it when we originally booked but at the time I didn't want to spend an additional $300 pp.

Did I mention the footstools? Seriously I spend a lot of time on he balcony and it really does make a difference. Heck, I have an ocean front room,why would I want to spend it somewhere inside :)

enjoy

Edited by Duanerice1
updating AQ price

Having done two X cruises, one in a 1B and one in a C3, I wouldnt pay more than 5% more for a Concierge cabin. Love the towels and bathrobe that actually fits me, but mainly for the club points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the last 3 cruises we booked, it was my intent to book a balcony cabin. Each time, my on line TA had a group rate for C3 which was less than the cabins I planned to book. That's my primary reason for booking concierge. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in CC on the Solstice a few weeks ago. We liked that we only had to wait in line about 30 minutes to board, as opposed to friends who were with us, who waited 2 hours.

We also discovered there were a few "extras" on the room service menu on the TV that our friends in a regular cabin couldn't order (specifically, we ordered multiple shrimp cocktails via room service, but they couldn't get it from their room).

Our location was to the far back of the ship, so our location wasn't actually that great. They also no longer put flowers in your room, and they say you have to be there when the canapes are delivered to get them (but our attendant always left them for us regardless).

Our room had binoculars, and even though they didn't work that great, it was better than nothing. The pillow menu is kind of hidden, and when other friends in CC asked about it, the attendant just pointed at the bed and said they had one of each already, so that was it. Maybe he was just confused?

We were ambivalent as to whether it would be worth it to book CC again. There were a few perks, but it would probably depend on the price.

We are on a 17 day cruise in October and certainly chose the C2 cabin on the Solstice because of the location and the footstool. I love being so close to the resort deck and being able to get ice from the buffet whenever I like. Not bothered about the elevators but having a large deck and a lounger will be amazing.

We love the C2 cabins on the Solstice Class on the Resort deck. Much better location than Aqua Cabins.

We recently booked C3 cabins for our upcoming Silhouette cruise. They were only $49 more than the regular balcony rooms we originally wanted, and now we will be on the Sky Deck (10th deck) just aft of the main elevators. I figured that was money well spent!

By the way, do Concierge rooms get upgraded shampoo/conditioner, or the same as regular cabins?

We recently booked C3 cabins for our upcoming Silhouette cruise. They were only $49 more than the regular balcony rooms we originally wanted, and now we will be on the Sky Deck (10th deck) just aft of the main elevators. I figured that was money well spent!

By the way, do Concierge rooms get upgraded shampoo/conditioner, or the same as regular cabins?

Upgraded! Plus other perks!