Veendam review to come shortly

sherilyn70

We're currently on the Veendam right now and having a great time. I plan to write a detailed review after we return. If you have any specific questions then post them here and I'll check as Internet access permits and try to get answers. :) food had been great and so is the service, we haven't had any problems. The beverage manager and another officer came to our scheduled meet and great even though we never told anyone about it since we didn't have a large number of people. They offered each of us a complimentary drink and brought out a tray of snacks for us on the deck just outside the cross nest at all away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We're currently on the Veendam right now and having a great time. I plan to write a detailed review after we return. If you have any specific questions then post them here and I'll check as Internet access permits and try to get answers. :) food had been great and so is the service, we haven't had any problems. The beverage manager and another officer came to our scheduled meet and great even though we never told anyone about it since we didn't have a large number of people. They offered each of us a complimentary drink and brought out a tray of snacks for us on the deck just outside the cross nest at all away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi, I will be boarding Veendam in Quebec in 11 days. It looks like you started in Quebec. Which dock did you use? Several people on my roll call are interested.

Thanks

Rich

We're currently on the Veendam right now and having a great time. I plan to write a detailed review after we return. If you have any specific questions then post them here and I'll check as Internet access permits and try to get answers.

Nice of you to check in; glad you're having a good time.

Since you asked, I am especially interested in reading about the entertainment. I like to know who the headline performers are, and what their specialty is, and a little on what you thought.

I also like to know who is playing in the lounges, and what you think of them.

Thanks! :)

Looking forward to your review.

Sherilyn, I am thrilled that it sounds like your cruise is going well. I hope you are having a blast! We were on the Veendam in 2006, long before many changes on the ship.

I would love to know your opinion of "sitting out for the day" on the aft deck - where the hot tub thingy takes the place of the pool. If you sit at a table/chairs on the port side is there any "view" of the water? It's my DH's favorite afternoon activity. We booked a cruise on Veendam for October and honestly it is on this ship only because of itinerary/date. I'll be looking for feedback from all Veendam cruisers for the next few months.

Edited by Linda&Vern

We are taking this ship on June 21st for 14 days and will be driving to Quebec City does anyone know what pier it docks in Quebec city and if parking is available?

Wayne

So glad you're having a great trip and can't wait to hear about your experiences!

We'll be on board in less than 3 weeks now, and I'm especially looking forward to your review as someone who has traveled other lines, but from your signature, seems to be new to HAL. We've done RCL and NCL, but this will be our first HAL cruise and we are so excited. Many of the Veendam reviews are from long-time and frequent HAL travelers who feel the changes/cut-backs on HAL as well as the age of Veendam, and seem a smidge negatively biased, so I'm looking forward to your perspective!

Like other posters, I'd also love to know more details about the food and entertainment!

We'll be travelling with two daughters (12 and 9) so anything you think may be relevant for us as a family would be awesome too!

Very much looking forward to your thoughts! :)

Nice of you to check in; glad you're having a good time.

Since you asked, I am especially interested in reading about the entertainment. I like to know who the headline performers are, and what their specialty is, and a little on what you thought.

I also like to know who is playing in the lounges, and what you think of them.

Thanks! :)

Looking forward to your review.

Just returned last Saturday. Re: entertainment

Ships Showroom performers were very good, don't know why but every Cruise Ship I have ever been on has the volume cranked up too loud sometimes distorting the singers voice or a saxophonist solo and I wear a hearing aid.

The Female Comedian was good, not great and "clean"

The country performer "Bill" 7 to 9 Pm was entertaining.

The Star of the ship with a jammed lounge every night ( don't miss his Trivia night) was the Piano Man, Barry from Boston, at 9 PM every night

A Superb entertainer interacting with the audience with humor, Broadway Show type of voice and piano playing.

Many nights it was standing room only !

Just returned last Saturday. Re: entertainment

Ships Showroom performers were very good, don't know why but every Cruise Ship I have ever been on has the volume cranked up too loud sometimes distorting the singers voice or a saxophonist solo and I wear a hearing aid.

The Female Comedian was good, not great and "clean"

The country performer "Bill" 7 to 9 Pm was entertaining.

The Star of the ship with a jammed lounge every night ( don't miss his Trivia night) was the Piano Man, Barry from Boston, at 9 PM every night

A Superb entertainer interacting with the audience with humor, Broadway Show type of voice and piano playing.

Barry from Boston is the absolute best ship's entertainment there is. He performs in land clubs all over and it's nice he's back with HAL if only for a short time. We go to very few shows or after dinner entertainment, but we never missed Barry every night when he was on one of our cruises. Run don't walk to get a seat right after dinner. It will be SRO all night.

Just returned last Saturday. Re: entertainment....

Thanks for your reply.

I've read great things about Barry from Boston, and hope to run into him some day.

Do you have the name of the female comedienne? It would be helpful if I knew who to look for on my cruises.

Do you have any names of other headline performers, and what they offered?

So, if Barry from Boston performs at 9pm, those who have a late seating can never see him, is that correct? We are currently waitlisted for the late seating, but I'm wondering if we should just keep our "Anytime Dining" so we can see Barry.

So, if Barry from Boston performs at 9pm, those who have a late seating can never see him, is that correct? We are currently waitlisted for the late seating, but I'm wondering if we should just keep our "Anytime Dining" so we can see Barry.

It's your loss if you miss him ! I also ran in to Barry twice during the daytime on the ship. He was most gracious, stopping to receive my compliment on his performance and just chatting about music and shipboard life as if I were a friend of his ( I guess I am now )

Again, don't miss his Trivia night show which I believe was on Wednesday

Sherilyn, I am thrilled that it sounds like your cruise is going well. I hope you are having a blast! We were on the Veendam in 2006, long before many changes on the ship.

I would love to know your opinion of "sitting out for the day" on the aft deck - where the hot tub thingy takes the place of the pool. If you sit at a table/chairs on the port side is there any "view" of the water? It's my DH's favorite afternoon activity. We booked a cruise on Veendam for October and honestly it is on this ship only because of itinerary/date. I'll be looking for feedback from all Veendam cruisers for the next few months.

The Hot tub thingy ruins the 180 degree view from other HAL ships. Every time I went out there, there were a couple of Smokers on the Starboard side, a Pizza Bar with the loneliest employee on the ship. What a waste !