Can you get any reimbursement if cabin cost drops after you make final payment.

Just checking once again our price for our sailing on July 27th. on the Allure:eek:.

Boy did the prices drop overnight.

Any way to get anything after final payment:confused:.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Note: I found an old thread from 2010 that shows, no compensation for room re-imbursement after final payment..................I guess this is still the case :0(

Edited by Lionesss

Just checking once again our price for our sailing on July 27th. on the Allure:eek:.

Boy did the prices drop overnight.

Any way to get anything after final payment:confused:.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Unfortunately no. However, if pricing of other stateroom categories as an upgrade to you have also dropped favorably, you can upgrade as long as payment in some amount is transacted for the upgrade.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks everyone for the scoop.

I cannot believe the drop!!!!

Our cruise must have alot of cabins available....

The prices..............wow

Those last minute shoppers are getting a great deal!!

Sea Ya

Did you call? What did they say? Were you able to upgrade?

Please come back and let us know what happened!

I will update you.

RCI would not talk to us about reservation because we used a TA.

Since we used a TA, we left a message with her.

She did not get back to us.

Calling TA back Monday.

Sea Ya

I will update you.

Calling TA back Monday.

Sea Ya

Hi Sue. It looks like you are well past the final payment date, so if Royal follows "their" rules they won't give you any OBC or make a price adjustment. Maybe your TA will ask for you and you will get lucky. Otherwise go for an upgrade if you can. :)

Edited by Eng23

It's not unusual for prices to drop after final payment. Often unused cabins are turned back in by TA's who held out blocks, or people who simply changed their minds.

But do look at upgrades. Last Sep. we upgraded from a JS on Oasis to a Crown Loft for a total of $300! A couple of months ago we upgraded from a D1 balcony on Rhapsody to a JS and actually got a $.01 refund. Yes, they actually put a penny back on our credit card. I would have preferred a $.01 OBC. :)

But a "free" upgrade to a JS is pretty sweet.

One bit of advice though. Often the reduced rate carries some restrictions. This is where our great TA comes in. On Oasis the CL was "new bookings only." After a lengthy phone call by my TA to RCCL, they finally allowed me the upgrade. Similar with the JS on Rhapsody. The lower JS rate was "Interline" (airline rate). I had used a Future Cruise booking originally and the the Interline rate isn't combinable. So, they were going to deny me the upgrade. My TA simply told them to eliminate the $100 OBC for the Future Cruise. They finally said ok and gave me the upgrade. Then, when I got on the ship, the $100 OBC was still there! It does help to have a knowledgable and hard working TA to fight for you.

Thanks everyone for the scoop.

I cannot believe the drop!!!!

Our cruise must have alot of cabins available....

The prices..............wow

Those last minute shoppers are getting a great deal!!

Sea Ya

I don't usually quick summer pricing but your post intrigued me.

They must have been charging very high prices for you to say wow about the price drops.

I see balcony's for $1200 pp and OV's for $849pp and IS's for $849pp.

Bill

I will update you.

Calling TA back Monday.

Sea Ya

Exactly why I dont use a TA. First of all the TA should have found this out before you.

I just called yesterday because there was a $290.00 difference. Paid off the balance and received $86.00 OBC.

I asked the guest service rep what happens if now that I'm paid in full the price drops again. He said I could get More OBC or have it credited to CC company.

Now whether that's true or not I will definitely call and Ask if it does drop again.

I know it can be a pain being on hold, however the true answer is going directly to the source RCI, because policies with corporations do change.

I just called yesterday because there was a $290.00 difference. Paid off the balance and received $86.00 OBC.

I asked the guest service rep what happens if now that I'm paid in full the price drops again. He said I could get More OBC or have it credited to CC company.

Now whether that's true or not I will definitely call and Ask if it does drop again.

I know it can be a pain being on hold, however the true answer is going directly to the source RCI, because policies with corporations do change.

No price drops or adjustments are given after final payment date.

You have always been able to get price drops after you have paid your cruise in full but ONLY up until RCI's final payment date. Many people pay their cruise off prior to that final payment date.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Your paid your final balance off before the required payment date set by RCI, therefore you were still eligible to get price reductions.

For your October cruise on Freedom, I will assume that final payment will be due sometime in late July. Once that date has passed, you will not be able to get any additional price reductions.

Did you call? What did they say? Were you able to upgrade?

Please come back and let us know what happened!

Ok heres the update.

First of all just got home from work so I apologize for posting so late.

So..................talked to our TA

We had booked a Grand Suite on the Allure early last Sept.

Prices were high...........

We have already gotten re-imbursed before finaly payment upto this point over $1500.

So, our TA goes.

RCI says, that Since your final payment was made last month, in essence you are locked in.

If you would like to cancel your booking and re-book at the lowest price go ahead, but there is a chance you could lose your cabin.

You right now are not intitled to a OBC, or further re-imbursement.

If you chose to upgrade to an OS, FS, CL1 or CL2, You will still be paying more than your oringinal price on booking the GS last Sept..

So the moral of the story.

1. Book thru RCI.

2. Book airfare and wait to last minute to book cruise (not).

3. Still cruise and have the time of your life:D.

Oh well I tried.

Sea Ya

Keep watching. You may still be able to upgrade for less money.

I see you are about a month past final. Penalty probably too high to be worth cancelling and rebooking.

Edited by marci22

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Just wanted to give you an update.

Today there was a message from the TA to call about an upsell.

We are currently in a GS and were offerred a L1 for total cost of $600.

That is still less than what we originally booked this cruise for Last August and after the price reductions we had monitored and got.

Yup

We took it.

Last year we had an upsell from a GS to an L2 for $700.

Very happy cruiser here.

Sea Ya

(in 10 days):D

Hi everyone

Just wanted to give you an update.

Today there was a message from the TA to call about an upsell.

We are currently in a GS and were offerred a L1 for total cost of $600.

That is still less than what we originally booked this cruise for Last August and after the price reductions we had monitored and got.

Yup

We took it.

Last year we had an upsell from a GS to an L2 for $700.

Very happy cruiser here.

Sea Ya

(in 10 days):D

Very nice upsell. I would have taken that too!:)