Sorrento's

It looks like there hasn't been a thread on Sorrento's lately, and I wanted to get the community's thoughts on the joint. How's the pie? What's your favorite topping/combo they offer? Do they serve anything other than pizza? Do you have a picture of the menu? Do menus vary by ship? Let us know!

It looks like there hasn't been a thread on Sorrento's lately, and I wanted to get the community's thoughts on the joint. How's the pie? What's your favorite topping/combo they offer? Do they serve anything other than pizza? Do you have a picture of the menu? Do menus vary by ship? Let us know!

Where do you live? Where HAVE you lived?

The answers to those questions will color how you feel about the pizza at Sorrento's.

In my opinion it's about as good as one of those semi-frozen/refrigerated DiGIorno pizza's you can buy in US supermarkets (and some parts of Europe/Asia) that you then take home to heat and eat. Kind of a "premium" version of the typical lowly frozen pizzas in other words.

If you happen to like those then you're in luck. I've only tried them on a couple RCI ships but I suspect, knowing RCI, it's pretty much the same everywhere.

Consider the family crowd they cater to, and that there are many other more "upscale" options for adult diners. Lots of kids eat pizza. Bad pizza. So mediocre is step up :)

Edited by ixian

The answers to those questions will color how you feel about the pizza at Sorrento's.

And what time of day do you plan to eat it? It is awesome at about 1 am following a evening at the nightclub! ;)

Is it NY or even Chicago Pizza--No Was it as good as Princess--No

But it was available as a fairly quick and easy snack. One suggestions try to order the personal pie special and then wait for a few minutes. At least it will be hot. Once back on shore search for your favorite pizza joint or find a new one in your land travels.

The toppings are ok, and they usually have a 'pick your own toppings' option, but the crust is Terrible. Most edible if it has just come out of the oven. If it's sitting there for any amount of time, no.

I do like the build your own personal pizza at Sorrento's on Allure and I assume Oasis. On the Freedom they do have a selection of other things as well, but the pizza you can walk up and just get a slice reminds me of grocery store frozen pizza. If you can watch and time it to get a piece as it comes out of the oven then it is ok. On Majesty i don't remember much else there, but it is open 24 hours so you can get a quick bite and the compass deli isn't too far away.

I have never thought the pizza at Sorrento's or the Cafe Promenade was particularly good except, as someone else mentioned, at 1AM with a few beers. But on our last cruise on Allure I thought the pizza was quite good and I was quite surprised. I am not sure if it was a fluke or they have changed something but we had lunch there on a couple of days as we thought it was that good.

Please, RC, just send a few spies over to Princess, learn how to make that great pizza, and then copy them!

And, think of all that frozen pizza freezer space you'll be freeing up for other uses.

I love that idea, go for it RC.

We used sorrento's as follows:

Hubbie to have a coffee and read the paper whilst waiting or me

Me at 3pm for a cheeky slice of cake and to get out of the sun

Teen DD with her mates at any time they wanted something to eat

Any of us as a is night snack on the way back to the room.

It reminds me of the quick snack you might get when waiting for a train but it serves its purpose.

My wife is celiac, so we are able to get gluten-free pizzas, which is a big plus for us. The staff is usually very good about avoiding cross-contamination.

We usually ask for it to be baked slightly longer as the crust turns out better that way.

The pizza was terrible on Monarch. Didnt see it on Radiance (not saying it wasnt there somewhere in the WJ) but pretty decent on Freedom.

I too will compare it to a Freschetta or DiGiorno frozen pizza.

Ive heard so much good about Princess pizza that I actually want to cruise them for that reason alone :D:p:o

Edited by ryano

We thought it was alright on Freedom for a quick snack coming back from an excursion or late night after the club to take 2 or 3 slices back to the room. It was tasty but not outstanding. Some have said like the frozen pizzas in the store but IMHO it is better than those. It reminds me more of the pizza they sell in the concession stand at Cotsco's which isn't that bad for what it is. My favorite fast food pizza chain is Pizza Hut and it is definately not that. :cool:

Oh, so true. I'm Italian from NJ and have often been sitting outside the pub watching people walk by with slices of pizza and thinking how could they? Can't say I've ever even been tempted to try it.

Tried it a couple times last week on the Freedom and it reminded me of Totino's Party Pizza. It looked decent and I wanted it to be good but I t was awful. Each time I tried it, I hoped the piece was better than the last. But no. They did however have a cold case with crostini, bread, a cold cut (prosciutto, salami, etc...), mozzarella balls, and a frittata that rotated. We had snacks from those options quite a few times which were actually very good. The pizza definitely needs improvement!! If it could be as good as a "premium" frozen pizza from the grocery store that'd be a huge step in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for a few quick carbs after drinking or to get you through midday. I happen to like frozen pizza, but it's its own food category...it's not "real pizza". We like to dress up DiGiornio with some fresh toppings at home. It's most like that. I grew up in NJ; I haven't even found real pizza in Florida in years of living here.

Agreed, pizza on princess is good and closest to a real italian shop pizza.

Oh, so true. I'm Italian from NJ and have often been sitting outside the pub watching people walk by with slices of pizza and thinking how could they? Can't say I've ever even been tempted to try it.

The secret is to have more of what they serve at the pub. There is a direct correlation between amount consumed at the pub and taste of the pizza.:p