Tell me about the cabin phones.

masterty

I will soon be traveling with a large group on a trip. I imagine the cabin phones are there to call guest and similar ship services. I know there are house phones throughout the ship. Is is possible to leave a message on a cabin phone or create an announcement on my cabin phone to announce information to anyone calling my cabin phone? Any help is appreciated.

you can call rooms from any phone. the deck number and the room number. if you are in Caribe 345, the number is 10345. you can leave messages but cannot set an outgoing message.

if you are wondering how to keep up with everyone, it requires walking but we left messages on the doors with magnets or in the mailboxes and agreed to meet at mealtimes at a specific time and place.

it was interesting how often we would be spread out going to our own activities and running into each other. or the elevator opens and a family member is on it.

have a fun time!

Edited by cdngrl

It's funny the number of times we would run into our teen when not looking for her. One time I was watching a movie on MUTS one morning, and I felt a pat on my head and it was my daughter greeting me while walking by with her group of friends. Another time we were by the International Cafe and heard a familiar voice in the art area -- she and her friends were looking at the paintings.

I will soon be traveling with a large group on a trip.

How large? If it's a really Big Group, give yourself a name, and maybe you could leave an activity schedule at the customer service desk. It's worth a try.

I will soon be traveling with a large group on a trip. I imagine the cabin phones are there to call guest and similar ship services. I know there are house phones throughout the ship. Is is possible to leave a message on a cabin phone or create an announcement on my cabin phone to announce information to anyone calling my cabin phone? Any help is appreciated.

Yes you can leave messages. There was a time quite a few years ago that you could set up a greeting, but it has been disabled I believe.

You can create a notice, have copies made and give the Passenger Services Desk a list of names and cabin #s for distribution. This takes a bit of planning but for a large group, the notice will be distributed by the cabin stewards along with other fliers.

If the group all got internet packages you could e-mail each other...

OR you could all text each other using the ship's cellular service at sea or local cell service (if available) in port

you can call rooms from any phone. the deck number and the room number. if you are in Caribe 345, the number is 10345. you can leave messages but cannot set an outgoing message.

Yes, just be warned if your cabin number is Dolphin 111 your phone number is NOT 9111! :eek: I made that mistake once. Can't remember what the PSD told me to dial instead.

Yes, just be warned if your cabin number is Dolphin 111 your phone number is NOT 9111! :eek: I made that mistake once. Can't remember what the PSD told me to dial instead.

There is no Dolphin 9xx cabin on any current Princess ship.

But there are Dolphin 111 on many current Princess ships.

I just looked at the Deck Plans of every Princess ship and there is no 111 on any Dolphin deck or deck 9 depending on the ship. So, much for that item.;)

I just looked at the Deck Plans of every Princess ship and there is no 111 on any Dolphin deck or deck 9 depending on the ship. So, much for that item.;)

There is a 111 on the Dolphin deck of the Ruby. It is an inside cabin. I guess the phone number for that cabin would not be 9111 but more likely 09111.

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510

There is a 111 on the Dolphin deck of the Ruby. It is an inside cabin. I guess the phone number for that cabin would not be 9111 but more likely 09111.

As a matter of fact, most Princess ships have a Dolphin deck cabin 111.

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510

Sent from my GT-P7510

I started to check on this but, after checking only the first 3 ships I found D111 on 2 of them (Caribbean and Crown) and quit looking for more. I call shenanigans...

There is a Dolphin 111 on the Star, I stayed in it. There is also one on the Sapphire; I was across the hall from it. ;) Deck 9 on both ships. So, yes, if you get this cabin avoid dialing 9 then your room number, at risk of alarming the PSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app