Golden Princess not stoppibg in Victoria

pmd98052

Just fyi, captain came on 2 hours ago and announced we would skip Victoria sue to a technical propulsion issue.. We'd get there 9.30 pm and just do immigration formalities. Everyone to get $25 credit.

I'm sorry you have to miss that port. I really liked Victoria.

I do hope we get some updates on this problem and hope it is resolved quickly. My daughter and son-in-law are booked on the Golden leaving Seattle on July 26th. They are really excited about the cruise, and I would hate to see it ruined because of mechanical difficulties.

I would rather the $25 credit... the Victoria stop on this itinerary is only 7pm-1159pm, no time to really do anything in Victoria, you couldnt go to buchart gardens... the only reason the stop there is the PSA, if that didnt exist, the victoria stop on this itinerary would probably be nixed

I would rather the $25 credit... the Victoria stop on this itinerary is only 7pm-1159pm, no time to really do anything in Victoria, you couldnt go to buchart gardens... the only reason the stop there is the PSA, if that didnt exist, the victoria stop on this itinerary would probably be nixed

The past times I've done this stop, Princess has offered an evening excursion to Buchart Gardens - I haven't done it but I believe they look beautiful floodlit.

The past times I've done this stop, Princess has offered an evening excursion to Buchart Gardens - I haven't done it but I believe they look beautiful floodlit.

I was just at Buchart, and it was beautiful! I would have hated to miss it.

Seems like Victoria is hit or miss at times for this mandatory stop.....with bad weather, rough seas, or ship issues.......guess you take your chances getting ashore on a planned excursion.......sure would like to see it some day!

i sure wish the victoria stop was longer so you could enjoy my city!

this time of year its not dark until after 10pm, so you get to enjoy butchart in the light and after dark. I will be there tonight for the saturday fireworks show. :)

A shame you missed our lovely city but actually the weather was not that fantastic last night. Cool with a bit of rain. Today is supposed to rain as well which we actually need very badly as we have not had much of late. I feel for the passengers with those short evenings stays of just a few hours. Not only in Victoria but in some other locations where they do the same thing. How is anyone supposed to see anything of the city?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

A shame you missed our lovely city but actually the weather was not that fantastic last night. Cool with a bit of rain. Today is supposed to rain as well which we actually need very badly as we have not had much of late. I feel for the passengers with those short evenings stays of just a few hours. Not only in Victoria but in some other locations where they do the same thing. How is anyone supposed to see anything of the city?

Short or not we have enjoyed our visits to Victoria. You just have to make due with the time available. :)

The evening ship's tour to Butchart Gardens is wonderful. The gardens are beautifully illuminated at night.

Also wonderful is the evening tour to Craigdarrock Castle.

Thrilling is the evening walk around the illuminated buildings in Victoria.

Victoria is a great evening stop on RT cruises from Seattle.

I was interested to learn from this thread that the Butchart Gardens are well illuminated at night, and that it doesn't really get dark until about 10:00 p.m. I know my daughter would like to see the gardens but was hesitant because of the night call at Victoria. I will pass this information on to her so that she can book the tour for herself and her husband. I can always count on CC members to pass along valuable information.

Saw Butchart in the day - would love to see it at night.

However, I have to agree with someone above - a 4 hour stop isn't enough time to do Butchart Gardens. It takes a bit of time to get there and then the same amount to get back and you need to be on board well in advance of sailing. With all the fiddling and waiting, etc. you might end up with maybe 1.5 hours at Butchart. Not nearly long enough for me.