Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

Once again, us Aussies are hard done by. I have contacted HAL Australia and found that booking from here does not entitle us to a slice of the pie. After some complaining though, they have stepped up and have offered me a Vegemite sandwich each day instead.

ohhhh vegemite - how in heavens name could you resist that:D:o

laughing at this one as I have tasted it - sorry, I'm not a fan:o

Haven't you heard....formal night has been turned into anti-formal night and we are to wear our sloppy, torn duds and definitely eat pie with our fingers (after all, fingers were made before forks!)

Would my bathrobe be considered appropriate attire?

Just check my thread - the pies on the Signature ships are superior to the other classes of ships. I've taken a million photos and posted them here to prove my point. If you don't believe me, just check the deck plans. The pies are sprinkled around the Lido deck

The first time I sailed HAL the apple pie was good. Ever since then the quality has gone downhill, as well as the serving size. This must be a cost savings measure, but the cost of my cabins keep going up. I think I'll have to try Carnival and see how their pie stacks up. I'll post after I see the differences.

(Fun thread...thanks!)

Why does everyone keep saying things like "Fun Thread" aren't I really getting Pie, Not Happy!

you better make 6 calls to Seattle. then you can pick the answer you like best or go with the majority :D

Just check my thread - the pies on the Signature ships are superior to the other classes of ships. I've taken a million photos and posted them here to prove my point. If you don't believe me, just check the deck plans. The pies are sprinkled around the Lido deck

There's always one rotten apple in the bunch.

So nice that they are now providing them and we no longer have to schlep our apple pies onboard or slap a luggage tag on them for the crew to deliver to our cabin. No more complaining about missing or broken apple pies.:rolleyes:

I am searching the internet to find the new pie packer that lets you sneak all the pies you want through security.

I really can't spare the time to read this whole thread but kazu, you really started something and 1 of 4 took it to a whole new level. Sounds like an unintentional collaboration.

Roy

1of4 did the intro but the credit goes to Ocean Wench for her very brilliant post. don't worry about reading the whole thing but you have to read her post. I think it is on page one or page 2 at the max :D

Many thanks to them both as they totally got what this post was about.

When you are not busy packing, come back and have a read. Just don't have any drink in your hand as you will be laughing too hard:D

Hilarious *giggle* and spot-on.

(I find the pie-to-passenger ratio just perfect on those ships.)

Hilarious *giggle* and spot-on.

(I find the pie-to-passenger ratio just perfect on those ships.)

LOL, I prefer the ratio on the smallest ship, but I know you know more than I do :D

Oh great! As if an apple pie thread wasn't bad enough - now we go off on a banjo tangent?:D

glad you mentioned that...the banjo soloist is replacement for the duo performing classical music, who were a replacement for the original Adagio quartet.

Now I've opened a can of worms regarding musical entertainment!:eek:

Better the worms are in the can than in the apples !

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer