El Cheapo Cruises Thread

1 minute ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I finally got through and the prices looked the same as ever for me.

They must be special prices for special people. 😁

Still timing out for me. I dont really want to fly up to Brisbane again unless I'm doing a PNG cruise.

Edited by icat2000

50 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I finally got through and the prices looked the same as ever for me.

They must be special prices for special people. 😁

I spent forever on line.  Eventually when I got through it said no availability at that price.  

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

CL23-LM13APR23
 Carnival Luminosa
 22 Nights
 Brisbane to Seattle
Departing Brisbane
 Thu 13 Apr 2023
From $2113 pp (inside guaranteed) Oceanview Guaranteed $2,469 pp, Balcony Guaranteed $2,866 pp

Plus daily gratuities

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I thought gratuities were included in prices from Australia. 

With Carnival being very American and the cruise ending in the land of stars & stripes, the transpacific is treated as an American sailing. As Bob posted, daily grats added and onboard currency for this cruise is $US. Also the 18% grats added to bars and specialty meals. The US bar prices plus grats usually squares-off pretty well with the flat $AU prices we pay. Not a deal breaker, but those daily grats add a fair bit to the otherwise bargain price.

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

With Carnival being very American and the cruise ending in the land of stars & stripes, the transpacific is treated as an American sailing. As Bob posted, daily grats added and onboard currency for this cruise is $US. Also the 18% grats added to bars and specialty meals. The US bar prices plus grats usually squares-off pretty well with the flat $AU prices we pay. Not a deal breaker, but those daily grats add a fair bit to the otherwise bargain price.

I bet there is a line up then at Guest Services, removing gratuities.

I just noticed that the 24/25 season is online for Luminosa. Maybe it has been there a while and I hadn't noticed. No super specials like those running for this season, but $120 per night/person isn't too bad for a starting price for something two years away.

24th November 2024 cruise to PNG has a big plus included - 2 stops at Conflict Islands

• Like 3

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

I just noticed that the 24/25 season is online for Luminosa. Maybe it has been there a while and I hadn't noticed. No super specials like those running for this season, but $120 per night/person isn't too bad for a starting price for something two years away.

24th November 2024 cruise to PNG has a big plus included - 2 stops at Conflict Islands

I'm wondering whether it is wise to be booking cruises two years away, when there are still changes to itineraries. Hopefully there will be last minute specials when cruising is more settled. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm wondering whether it is wise to be booking cruises two years away, when there are still changes to itineraries. Hopefully there will be last minute specials when cruising is more settled. 

Story of my life. While both of us work and with very different schedules and employers, we have to lock our dates for anything more than a week way in advance. If an opportunity comes up, we will jump on something more last minute, but they are usually short breaks.

When cruising has settled, there will still be last minute deals, but not as generous as the ones this season, and usually for the ones nobody wants to do. When it is more normal, the reluctant ones will come back. Itineraries will always change, but usually at the last minute anyway. 

• Like 1

Quantum of the Seas 12/4/23 to 28/4/23 17 nights from Brisbane to Hawaii

Solo inside from $2133

Inside twin from $1399

outside twin from $1599

Balcony twin from $1799

Booking direct with RC 

noticed an online site had pretty much the same price

Edited by rkmw
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 2:13 PM, Sparky74 said:

And once again it’s time for…

P&O's 48 hour Flash Sale!

The Boss and I are booked to NZ mid March on the Pacific Explorer and friends are keen to jump on board with us. The current deal is pretty good (base fare $1374pp inside guarantee with $150 OBC) but they were hoping for another flash sale in the next few weeks. Do these sales come thick and fast or will they have likely missed the boat?

16 minutes ago, Nang said:

The Boss and I are booked to NZ mid March on the Pacific Explorer and friends are keen to jump on board with us. The current deal is pretty good (base fare $1374pp inside guarantee with $150 OBC) but they were hoping for another flash sale in the next few weeks. Do these sales come thick and fast or will they have likely missed the boat?

It does seem that the flash sales are for Brisbane and on Luminosa   Sydney embarkation do not get so many good cheap fares so if you are happy with that and it is pretty good  grab it