El Cheapo Cruises Thread

3 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Inside cabins great for sleeping. I dont mind them when they baragin basement prices.

But not great if you got Covid early in the cruise and were confined to the inside cabin for a few weeks.

No way Jose.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

But not great if you got Covid early in the cruise and were confined to the inside cabin for a few weeks.

No way Jose.

I see your point, but you would not be confined in the cabin for a few weeks. Quarantine is a maximum of seven days, 🙂 and then only if your cruise is still on-going for those seven days. If your cruise ends before the seven-day quarantine is completed, you complete it at home or in a hotel, depending on where you live.

Edited by Aus Traveller

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

No way Jose.

It's now 5 days cabin confinement if you have covid, though probably won't even be that for long as you don't have to isolate on land. 

***BARGAINS***
There's still some very cheap SOLO Carnival Luminosa cruise deals at the moment. If you have a VIFP number and are aged over 55+. They seem to be different prices for different VIFP numbers so you will need to check specifically for you. But one example I found was:

13th November - 7 nights - $555 SOLO Interior with a window looking at the lifeboats age 55+. Code KSE Seniors Special.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

***BARGAINS***
There's still some very cheap SOLO Carnival Luminosa cruise deals at the moment. If you have a VIFP number and are aged over 55+. They seem to be different prices for different VIFP numbers so you will need to check specifically for you. But one example I found was:

13th November - 7 nights - $555 SOLO Interior with a window looking at the lifeboats age 55+. Code KSE Seniors Special.

Yes, seems the seniors and solo special pricing covers cruises up to 29 January 2023 sailings on Luminosa.  For those that don't have a VIFP number, the $555 interior window for senior singles is same price whether or not you have a VIFP number. So ideal time to try Carnival for first time. Also appears for solos that interior and balcony have biggest discounts with balcony being less expensive than oceanview for the ones I looked at.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 8:22 PM, LincolnLegend said:

When I cruised with P&O in August, if you were in an internal cabin and tested positive, you were moved to a balcony cabin for the length of your isolation and looked after very well @NSWP

The opposite is happening on Ovation. The quarantine deck has insides & outsides. So even if you booked a suite, your isolation is indoors.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:52 PM, joejoe 59 said:

It's now 5 days cabin confinement if you have covid, though probably won't even be that for long as you don't have to isolate on land. 

It could be longer. You need to test negative to come out of cabin isolation.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

It could be longer. You need to test negative to come out of cabin isolation.

Do you know if Ovation is travelling safely with Covid cases. We have 3 upcoming cruises, but I am sure it will be fine by then but we have relatives travelling on the first cruise out of Sydney and I am nervous for them and feel they will be subjected to the same delays as Majestic unfortunately.

21 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Nooooo Wayyyyyyy !!

It could be no way. I mentioned the wrong ship. Ovation is currently quarantine in your cabin.

Quantum has such a problem, that you don't get to quarantine in your cabin. Regardless of your cabin type, it is down to deck 3 for an inside or outside cabin. Well, it was deck 3, but that area is now full.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It could be no way. I mentioned the wrong ship. Ovation is currently quarantine in your cabin.

Quantum has such a problem, that you don't get to quarantine in your cabin. Regardless of your cabin type, it is down to deck 3 for an inside or outside cabin. Well, it was deck 3, but that area is now full.

Deck 3 full? Do you have spies on board Geoff? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Do they know where all the Covid cases came from, eg passengers or crew?

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Just grabbed  Carnival Splendor 23rd April 2023  inside $398 pp  happy dance   I know it is to the Islands  but it is cruising

Congratulations another cruise!  Which islands?  What a bargain!  I wonder if they celebrate Anzac Day on Carnival?

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Congratulations another cruise!  Which islands?  What a bargain!  I wonder if they celebrate Anzac Day on Carnival?

Yes been to a very moving dawn service on Carnival hosted by a local RSL president and the Captain

Mystery Island and Loumea twice

12 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Just grabbed  Carnival Splendor 23rd April 2023  inside $398 pp  happy dance   I know it is to the Islands  but it is cruising

Well done sir,  you will stand out in your white dinner jacket mixing in with the riff raff attired in footy shirts and shorts in the MDR, lol.

Above all, enjoy !