El Cheapo Cruises Thread

12 April 2017 Emerald Princess. 29 nights Sydney to LA

-via NZ ,Pago Pago, Tahiti and Hawaii

includes a one way air fare back to Australia

from just $4,699 per person twin share.

Sorry -Nothing cheap about this one at $162 per night for inside even if air is included. I did similar cruise last year for $2200 in balcony stateroom - no air. Hawaii to Sydney.

Edited by burchan

Even with one-way flight,i get it down to $140 per/pax/day.20kg,checked in,7kg carry on.

Interesting itinary.

Not to bad.

On further investigation,the cruise ends in Los Angeles,not Hawaii,sooo

taking the one-way flight off,with 2 checked in bags per/person @23kgs each,

is now looking like $127 per/pax/day.

I now say its a good one.

Esp if you can add on to the USA end,some extra hol time.:):)

Opps just recalculated and its now $127 mmmmh.

Edited by mrs and mrs
price editing

Even with one-way flight,i get it down to $140 per/pax/day.20kg,checked in,7kg carry on.

Interesting itinary.

Not to bad.

On further investigation,the cruise ends in Los Angeles,not Hawaii,sooo

taking the one-way flight off,with 2 checked in bags per/person @23kgs each,

is now looking like $93 per/pax/day.

I now say its a good one.

Esp if you can add on to the USA end,some extra hol time.:):)

Fabulous itinerary ... .

116oqja.png

Explorer OTS 24 nights Seattle - Sydney October 8th.

$1899 inside gty (including pp grats)

$2499 Bal gty (including pp grats) less C&A discount if you have one.

I saw the add while at work and called my TA straight away without bothering to read it properly mistakenly thinking the add was for the cruise I am waiting for back to Seattle on this ship in April 2017. I was all exited and ready to book once the balcony with my discount fell under the magic $100 pp pd.

Even started disputing what my TA had said for the price (about $3500 balc)as I told her I had just seen the add on their FB page. Asked her to follow up with RCL. Reread the add properly once I finished the call so I had to called her up to apologise. getting old.lol

Sorry -Nothing cheap about this one at $162 per night for inside even if air is included. I did similar cruise last year for $2200 in balcony stateroom - no air. Hawaii to Sydney.

If thats too rich ...heres another..

SUN PRINCESS: SAN FRANCISCO TO AUCKLAND DEPARTING 9TH AUGUST 2016 - 21 NIGHTS

CRUISE FROM $95.00 PER DAY!

Grab this cruise from San Francisco to Auckland departing next month on 9th August 2016 for 21 nights.

INTERIOR CABIN ONLY $1999.00 per person.

CRUISE ITINERARY

9th August 2016: San francisco, USA: Depart 5pm

10th August: At Sea

11th August: San Diego, USA: 7am - 4pm

12th - 15th August: At Sea

16th August: Honolulu, Hawaii: 9am - 11pm

17th August: Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii: 7am - 6pm

18th August: Hilo, Hawaii: 8am - 5pm

19th - 23rd August: At Sea

24th August: Papeete, Tahiti: 8am - 9pm

25th August: Bora Bora, French Polynesia: 7am - 5pm

26th August: At Sea

27th August: Cross International Dateline

29th - 30th August: At Sea

31st August 2016: Auckland, New Zealand: Disembark

Solo pricing on these are excellent too - under $120 a night. Just wish I had the $$ as well as the leave from work.....

Just got an email with some good prices from RCCL

29 Nov or 20 Nov 9 nights, islands

$639 inside

$839 OV

$929 Bal

13 nights, 30 Nov

$969 Inside

$1349 Balcony.

From what I can see the rates on the "cheapo" cruises are for distant ports that you will have to get last minute flights to or from. Do you end of losing the savings to air fare costs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I can see the rates on the "cheapo" cruises are for distant ports that you will have to get last minute flights to or from. Do you end of losing the savings to air fare costs?

YES YES YES. Last minute flights are usually at full price and sometimes full price plus. This negates any last minute deals from distant ports for us...thats why last minute deals are usually only advertised locally, or where boarding does not require a flight.

I think there is system for ex airline staff who can get cheap travel perks, but here again they can only travel on stand by flights , so run the risk of missing the cruise and no refund on whatever they paid ......

In some/most cases yes but there are also domestic cruises that do not require airfares, for some people anyway.

In some/most cases yes but there are also domestic cruises that do not require airfares, for some people anyway.

Hi Mic , I hope isn't considered a hijacking , but I saw your name pop up and we hope that this finds both you and Rosie well . We have completed our cruise to the Baltic and are currently reviewing it on the Celebrity thread and we would love to have you join us . Also , we have been looking at Australia as a possibility , but a Princess TA in 2 months is also in the mix . So many cruises , so little money ! :) :D

Yep,always have to factor in the return airfare,plus one or two night lay-over,always pushes the daily rate up.

Anyone interested in the 2017 Grand Adventures with Princess keep an eye on your inbox I just got an email from Princess with a fly for free offer in conjunction with the come back new sale. Offer included Syd - Buenos 38N 11 Jan17 from $7499, Buenos to Syd 46N 17 Feb 17 from $8999, Syd to NY 68N 20 May 17 from $14449, Melb to Dover 49N 22 May 17 from $8499.

Option to upgrade the first two to business for $999 if so inclined...

None suited us but may be of interest to someone.

Edited by Womble99

Anyone interested in the 2017 Grand Adventures with Princess keep an eye on your inbox I just got an email from Princess with a fly for free offer in conjunction with the come back new sale. Offer included Syd - Buenos 38N 11 Jan17 from $7499, Buenos to Syd 46N 17 Feb 17 from $8999, Syd to NY 68N 20 May 17 from $14449, Melb to Dover 49N 22 May 17 from $8499.

Option to upgrade the first two to business for $999 if so inclined...

None suited us but may be of interest to someone.

Oh.... I wish. They look awesome!

Oh.... I wish. They look awesome!

I agree they look awesome but we already have a cruise booked which conflicts with most of those dates and can't justify that much time away from the kids :rolleyes: I think Princess wants us to spend more money..............

I agree they look awesome but we already have a cruise booked which conflicts with most of those dates and can't justify that much time away from the kids :rolleyes: I think Princess wants us to spend more money..............

not very good if your cruising solo, even a twin is paying over $200 per day for an inside but the free flight is ok

Singapore-Fremantle

27 August 2016

14 Nights

Dawn Princess

Twin From $1130.42 pp (inside)

Quad From $1261 pp

That was interesting. I checked the price with Princess and was $1799 but from cruise agent it was $1130. Did not know agents are cheaper. Will need to check both next time I book something.

17 Days

8 Ports Grand Asia & Japan

From Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan to Singapore

Ships: Diamond Princess

Ports: Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan | Osaka, Japan | Busan, South Korea | Shanghai, China | Hong Kong, China | Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam | Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand | Singapore

$1349 pp inside or $1709 ocean view pp

From Princess site.

Edited by icat2000