El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I have booked many cruises with big on line USA TA's. My upcoming Radiance cruise on Dec 16th was booked on line through one of the biggest ones. Even with the forex exchange it worked out substantially cheaper AND I received pre paid grats + $100 USD OBC. Harder to find bargains now but I always compare just in case.

As others have said Princess and HAL do not allow non USA residents to book with a USA TA but Celebrity, RCL, NCL all do without any problems. I have booked all 3 through the US in the past.

I receive regular emails from 3 or 4 US TA's with specials. In the current climate we are getting far better deals locally for local cruises. I am surprised that I have not read that many USA customers have tried to book through Aussie TA's. They would get a far better deal on nearly every Aussie based cruise.

Princess have relaxed the rules somewhat. All the US TA's are allowed to book overseas passengers 6 times a year. You just have to give them a ring and ask. Our friend from NY is a TA and has booked us by ringing up Princess and getting permission.

Honolulu to Sydney

20 September 2016

19 Nights

Radiance Of The Seas

Twin From $1568 pp (that pricing for quanteed price for oceanview

Quad From $3068 pp

You would think quad would be cheaper ????

For a cabin is that $3,000 for a twin room rate and over $12,000 for 4 in a room???

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

You would think quad would be cheaper ????

For a cabin is that $3,000 for a twin room rate and over $12,000 for 4 in a room???

Looks like they didn't reduce the 3/4 rate. RCL often only reduce the twin share rate, which is a real pain, especially for those with 3 (so you can't switch to two twin shares like quads can usually).

Anyone wanting to do the Princess Circle South America cruise next January? Keep a watch on the Princess website.

I've just received an email offering:

"For two weeks only, save up to $16,000 per stateroom off launch fares~ when you book a Circle South America voyage with Princess Cruises®. Plus receive a FREE UPGRADE to a balcony stateroom when you book an oceanview stateroom^."

Prices quoted are:

Inside from $9,999

Oceanview/Balcony from $18,999.

These prices aren't showing up on the Princess website yet but I've noticed in the past that it takes a day or two after receiving these emails to see the reduced prices. BTW I'm not sure if you need to be logged into Princess to see the deal, or whether it's available to everyone.

Anyone wanting to do the Princess Circle South America cruise next January? Keep a watch on the Princess website.

I've just received an email offering:

"For two weeks only, save up to $16,000 per stateroom off launch fares~ when you book a Circle South America voyage with Princess Cruises®. Plus receive a FREE UPGRADE to a balcony stateroom when you book an oceanview stateroom^."

Prices quoted are:

Inside from $9,999

Oceanview/Balcony from $18,999.

These prices aren't showing up on the Princess website yet but I've noticed in the past that it takes a day or two after receiving these emails to see the reduced prices. BTW I'm not sure if you need to be logged into Princess to see the deal, or whether it's available to everyone.

i got the email too but you have to be signed in other wise its about $12,000 dearer

i got the email too but you have to be signed in other wise its about $12,000 dearer

Even signed in it's still showing me $23 or thereabouts for a balcony, about the same as when it was released.

It's the classic Princess advertising ploy of a saving on the 'launch fare' which nobody ever books anyway. Single supplement is 100% as well. The inside is the only really cheap price - no OBC with that though.

Pushka - 84 days - but you can't do it anyway as it will clash with QM2. Besides personally I wouldn't want to do that length cruise on any of the three Princess ships based here.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Hi Everyone, There are some great bargains on this thread! Especially the South America cruise mentioned today. While I am happy that you all receive these emails what I would like to know is, how can I get them??? I am registered with a lot of Cruise Agencies including Princess since 2009. I have never had one email offering any kind of deal:confused: I realise I don't cruise as much as some of you, is this the reason? or do I just need to take more showers?:D Anjo.

Hi Anjo. To get the e mails or newsletters , as most of the TA's call them, its just a matter of registering with them. If you use google and look for Au and NZ cruise agents you will be amazed at how many there are. Just register and they will come. Most of the ones I receive get deleted as soon as I have read them, but now and again the real bargains come through.

For some reason after registering with Princess for emails, it took ages to get the deal emails. I think i registered more than once. ..

I have found the cruise lines e mails dont come through very often. I think they target their customers a lot more . Any red hot specials are usually given to TA's , as they are fairly limited in number and they know the TAs have customers on waiting lists.

For some reason after registering with Princess for emails, it took ages to get the deal emails. I think i registered more than once. ..

I used to they stopped, I registered again, got them for about a month, they stopped.

I have found the cruise lines e mails dont come through very often. I think they target their customers a lot more . Any red hot specials are usually given to TA's , as they are fairly limited in number and they know the TAs have customers on waiting lists.

We have been getting bombarded with deals from TAs and the Cruise lines but the TAs ones seem to be much better deals with some real specials while the cruise lines are just the bulk standard sales.

We have been getting bombarded with deals from TAs and the Cruise lines but the TAs ones seem to be much better deals with some real specials while the cruise lines are just the bulk standard sales.

Thats how it should . Its a win win all round. The customer gets a bargain cruise, the TA gets a commission, usually immediately, and the cruise line fills what would otherwise be an empty cabin.:)

18 Night Grand Asia and Japan Fly, Stay & Cruise onboard Diamond Princess

Tokyo to Singapore Cruise with BONUS on board credit to spend

18 Night Grand Asia and Japan Fly, Stay & Cruise onboard Diamond Princess

From

$3,029*

per person twin share

Interior from

$3029*

Oceanview from

$3278*

Balcony from

$3979*

per person in a twin-share

Departs

Tokyo

On

09 Oct 2016

To

Indian Ocean

For

17 nights

With

Princess Cruises

On Board

Diamond Princess

Itinerary

17 night cruise sailing from Tokyo (Yokohama) aboard the Diamond Princess.

Description

17 night cruise sailing from Tokyo (Yokohama) aboard the Diamond Princess. Visit Osaka, Busan, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Shanghai, Hong Kong Ocean Terminal, Phu My, Laem Chabang and Singapore Harbour Front.

Inclusions

• Return economy class airfare from Perth to Tokyo returning from Singapore.

•Seat in Vehicle transfer from airport to hotel.

•1 night 4 star accommodation in Tokyo.

•Private vehicle transfer from your hotel to the port.

•17 night cruise on board Diamond Princess based on twin share.

•All main meals and entertainment on board.

•Port charges and government fees.

•Air taxes.

• Come Back New Sale from 1 July to 31 August 2016*.

• Up to US$350 onboard credit per stateroom.

•~ Free spa treatment when you book a mini-suite or suite on selected voyages^.

•FREE Japan Lonely Planet book per booking.

• For airfare from Sydney add $160*pp.

•For airfare from Brisbane add $198*pp.

•For airfare from Adelaide add $246*pp.

•For airfare from Melbourne add $646*pp.

• OFFER and PRICING IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.

Itinerary

Date

09 Oct 16 

Tokyo (Yokohama)

10 Oct 16 

At Sea

11 Oct 16 

Osaka

12 Oct 16 

Kanmon Straits Scenic Cruising

13 Oct 16 

Busan

14 Oct 16 

At Sea

15 Oct 16 

Shanghai

16 Oct 16 

At Sea

17 Oct 16 

At Sea

18 Oct 16 

Hong Kong

19 Oct 16 

At Sea

20 Oct 16 

At Sea

21 Oct 16 

Ho Chi Minh City (Phu M

22 Oct 16 

At Sea

23 Oct 16 

Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

24 Oct 16

At Sea

25 Oct 16 

At Sea

26 Oct 16 

Singapore

Edited by mrs and mrs

For anyone who has booked or are looking to book RCL cruises next summer it might be a good idea to check prices in the new sale staring today. My good deal on Explorer has got even cheaper and I am in the process of trying to rebook. Although I am trying to do this by email from China I hope it can happen.

Balconies (with Diamond discount) under $90 pp pd.Junior suites (with diamond discount)only a little over $120pp pd. + $100 OBC

I am even considering booking a GS as they will work around $160 pd.

What perks come with a GS on Explorer?