El Cheapo Cruises Thread

That is one good deal.....lucky you! I got the same email this afternoon but the 50 night cruise was $6999 for an inside cabin in my email. Still had the $500 OBC and free flight. $3499 was applicable to the 26 night Golden Princess cruise in my email.

Just out of interest, have you traveled extensively with Princess? We have done 530 nights with Princess and didn't get offered as good a deal as you.

i have about the same number of days with you but i have done nearly 50 cruises with princess

when i go into the booking process for the Syd to Japan cruise i get the same price but the one to Japan has free flights home so thats a good saving

Summary: Interior

Guest 1 $3,499.00

Guest 2 $3,499.00

Cruise Total† $6,998.00

Transfers Recommended

Total Price (AUD) $6,998.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses§ included $943.70

i have about the same number of days with you but i have done nearly 50 cruises with princess

We are a little less in cruises......but I just tried the Princess web site and you are right, those cheap prices come up there. The higher prices are advertised when you go into the cruise, but when you go into book, they adjust to the super cheaper fares. Balcony on Caribe deck for just over $100 per day.....that is a fabulous deal.

Wonder why they did'nt advertise those super cheap fares in the email?

We are a little less in cruises......but I just tried the Princess web site and you are right, those cheap prices come up there. The higher prices are advertised when you go into the cruise, but when you go into book, they adjust to the super cheaper fares. Balcony on Caribe deck for just over $100 per day.....that is a fabulous deal.

Wonder why they did'nt advertise those super cheap fares in the email?

We get the same come up on ours, pity we can't go :(

Lol I just checked what a 4 person interior cabin would cost, $3544pp for passengers 1 & 2 and wait for it....... $5199pp for 3 & 4 :eek:

Guess if we were going to take the kids it would definitely be 2 cabins ;) (still can't go though :( )

Chez did you get the email and some of the sectors are free flights home

No, I didnt get the email, funny how they send them out to some and not others. I have no where near the amount of credits you have Bob, I am wondering what their criteria is .....there must be some kind of marketing behind it.

Anyways.....we could never take that amount of time off with work.

Its a fulltime job for me trying to work Andys 4 weeks annual leave into as many vacations as we can using public holidays and weekends[emoji1]

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Lol I just checked what a 4 person interior cabin would cost, $3544pp for passengers 1 & 2 and wait for it....... $5199pp for 3 & 4 :eek:

Guess if we were going to take the kids it would definitely be 2 cabins ;) (still can't go though :( )

Definitely two cabins, adult in each one.

if you go thru the booking process i get a price of $3499 pp for the 50 nights to LA

Guest 1 $3,499.00

Guest 2 $3,499.00

Cruise Total† $6,998.00

Transfers Recommended

Total Price (AUD) $6,998.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses§ included $1,665.88

So it does, but you have to be logged in to Princess to see those prices.

That's an amazing bargain. I wonder if someone screwed up loading the prices.:eek:

So it does, but you have to be logged in to Princess to see those prices.

That's an amazing bargain. I wonder if someone screwed up loading the prices.:eek:

Sometimes you have to go right through the booking to see the cheaper price on the Princess site......50% of the time when I am looking at prices it is cheaper at the end!!

A great bargain, hope someone here grabs it!!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Was it you that put me on to the cheap price for the Diamond repo in 2018, cheznandy?

If so, there has been a price drop on that. Inside cabins are now down to $2499.

Yes it was:) You had to click right through the booking to see the cheaper price, not sure why they do that, makes me check thoroughly now!!

We moved our FCC from that one as we have a friends 50th cruise at that time on Explorer, I know which itinerary and ship I prefer, but about 50 family and friends are booked for Explorer.

Just a heads up, Princess are having a sale, starts here on the 10th Feb, I cant remember the details as my planner had just got the info through, 30% - 40% off, I know sometimes a sale isnt a sale but keep an eye on your bookings for a refare:)

Y

Just a heads up, Princess are having a sale, starts here on the 10th Feb, I cant remember the details as my planner had just got the info through, 30% - 40% off, I know sometimes a sale isnt a sale but keep an eye on your bookings for a refare:)

Thanks. I'm going to ring Princess today and refare to the current price, and if the sale price is lower again, I'll refare again.

Shame I won't get to meet you on that cruise.

Yes, may be best to book now before the prices rise for the sale. That 30-40% is likely of the brochure price.

I am sure we will be on a cruise together sometime in the future:p

I am waiting to see what ships are coming from Asia in Sept/Oct 2018, at this point it looks like the Diamond as the Emerald and Golden will come from the US, if we can book from Honolulu, maybe do that again, but the Emerald didnt have a sector this year:( edit to change that comment.......looks like Emerald has been taken out of the port schedule and Golden is there from Sydney with Diamond. Maybe they are finalising things)

Yes, may be best to book now before the prices rise for the sale. That 30-40% is likely of the brochure price.

Hopefully someone will get a price drop!!....or some OBC or a cheap bottle of wine!

I am sure we will be on a cruise together sometime in the future:p

I am waiting to see what ships are coming from Asia in Sept/Oct 2018, at this point it looks like the Diamond as the Emerald and Golden will come from the US, if we can book from Honolulu, maybe do that again, but the Emerald didnt have a sector this year:( edit to change that comment.......looks like Emerald has been taken out of the port schedule and Golden is there from Sydney with Diamond. Maybe they are finalising things)

At the moment we're booked on a Crystal Panama Canal cruise in August 2018 so have to wait until the 2019 itineraries come out to book anything else - unless things go totally to pot in the US and we cancel the Crystal cruise.

I've check the Sydney port schedule a couple of times and there are bugger all Princess cruises departing from Sydney during winter 2018. Quite strange actually. :confused:

Hopefully someone will get a price drop!!....or some OBC or a cheap bottle of wine!

I'm quite happy to refare at the moment - our current fare is under the three for free so includes the cheap bottle of wine. :eek:

Even taking that into account the new fare is a better deal.

At the moment we're booked on a Crystal Panama Canal cruise in August 2018 so have to wait until the 2019 itineraries come out to book anything else - unless things go totally to pot in the US and we cancel the Crystal cruise.

I've check the Sydney port schedule a couple of times and there are bugger all Princess cruises departing from Sydney during winter 2018. Quite strange actually. :confused:

Checking out the Sydney schedule, lots of changes for Princess, most of Emerald have been taken out, Golden has bookings from Sydney for the season, and funnily enough, Melbourne has the Sapphire booked for the season.

Wonder if they are going to leave the Golden here from Sydney for good? Sapphire from Melbourne for the season? With Majestic now in Asia for good, I think we may be getting one of them fulltime.

Anyway, will leave it there as this is the El cheapo thread:)

Checking out the Sydney schedule, lots of changes for Princess, most of Emerald have been taken out, Golden has bookings from Sydney for the season, and funnily enough, Melbourne has the Sapphire booked for the season.

Wonder if they are going to leave the Golden here from Sydney for good? Sapphire from Melbourne for the season? With Majestic now in Asia for good, I think we may be getting one of them fulltime.

Anyway, will leave it there as this is the El cheapo thread:)

Princess website shows Golden doing the Alaska run during our 2018 winter.

What is odd is that Diamond is shown in Sydney 22nd March, which is when the cruise to Tokyo departs, and shown again in Sydney 14th April. :confused: She's due to dock in Tokyo on the 13th April. I guess the Sydney booking is a place-holder for something else. Also a few Sun Princess cruises have popped into the port schedule since I last looked a few days ago.

One thing I hate about the mass-market cruise lines is that they don't release their itineraries early enough. :mad:

Thanks. I'm going to ring Princess today and refare to the current price, and if the sale price is lower again, I'll refare again.

Just a question, is it only if you book direct with Princess that you can get the fare drop? How does it work if booking through a TA?

I've been very fortunate to get wonderful deals through TA for both my diamond cruises around Japan the last two years, so certainly not unhappy but always seeking info for future cruises.

Thanks

Just a question, is it only if you book direct with Princess that you can get the fare drop? How does it work if booking through a TA?

I've been very fortunate to get wonderful deals through TA for both my diamond cruises around Japan the last two years, so certainly not unhappy but always seeking info for future cruises.

Thanks

You have to get your TA to request the fare drop. A US TA I use sometimes recently successfully negotiated a substantial fare drop plus OBC on our upcoming Med cruise even though our cabin category was sold out. She saved us thousands of dollars.

I've just got off the phone to Princess as a very happy person. We originally booked the Diamond repo cruise at $2859 but no perks. I re-fared it in December under the Three for Free promotion to $2799 plus $75pp OBC, free speciality restaurant pp and a bottle of wine per cabin. The price dropped again so I rang to re-fare, expecting to lose the Three For Free items. Nope, I got the new price of $2499 plus the OBC went up to $200 pp and we keep the restaurant and wine perks. Gotta be happy with that. :D :D

Also it's possible the price may drop again before final payment, based on what we paid for the Golden repo last year.

Princess site is showing availability again on this cruise, but the price is now substantially higher. I wanted to book last night at the great prices but hubby insisted on talking to work first before booking a 50 day cruise. He just rang me, leave all approved, but now the price has increased. Feellike crying.

You have to get your TA to request the fare drop. A US TA I use sometimes recently successfully negotiated a substantial fare drop plus OBC on our upcoming Med cruise even though our cabin category was sold out. She saved us thousands of dollars.

I've just got off the phone to Princess as a very happy person. We originally booked the Diamond repo cruise at $2859 but no perks. I re-fared it in December under the Three for Free promotion to $2799 plus $75pp OBC, free speciality restaurant pp and a bottle of wine per cabin. The price dropped again so I rang to re-fare, expecting to lose the Three For Free items. Nope, I got the new price of $2499 plus the OBC went up to $200 pp and we keep the restaurant and wine perks. Gotta be happy with that. :D :D

Also it's possible the price may drop again before final payment, based on what we paid for the Golden repo last year.

Good work, glad they are honouring the fare drops.:D

Princess site is showing availability again on this cruise, but the price is now substantially higher. I wanted to book last night at the great prices but hubby insisted on talking to work first before booking a 50 day cruise. He just rang me, leave all approved, but now the price has increased. Feellike crying.

Oh no! Sad for you. :(