El Cheapo Cruises Thread

It's not Business Class, just the Economy Quiet Zone. You get more leg room and no babies and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

It is only a small section behind business class, where you can pick you own seat, in front of normal economy.

BTW If you are in economy, you can often upgrade at the gate to business class.

It is only a small section behind business class, where you can pick you own seat, in front of normal economy.

BTW If you are in economy, you can often upgrade at the gate to business class.

I could only see the 2 classes on their website. The booking was done by the travel agent who offered the fly/cruise deal.

I could only see the 2 classes on their website. The booking was done by the travel agent who offered the fly/cruise deal.

You'll find details on this page. Scroll down to Scootinsilence quiet zone.

Ask your TA for a price to upgrade.

You'll find details on this page. Scroll down to Scootinsilence quiet zone.

Ask your TA for a price to upgrade.

I did a dummy booking and Scootinsilence was not available. Maybe they book out early.We have had stretch seats which was very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

A heads up for any Kiwis thinking about the Hawaii 7 day circle cruise with NCL. Qantas are having a flash sale on return airfares and accom packages to Honolulu at the moment. Could be worth a look , if the departure dates suit you. They are on sale till 10 July.

Shanghai to Singapore.

Royal Caribbean International

Ship:

Mariner of the Seas

Date:

31st August 2017

Duration:

10 Nights

from A$1599.00pp

Inside from A$1599.00pp

Outside from A$1634.24pp

Balcony from A$1775.18pp

Suite from A$1951.35pp

Cathay Air fare included.

Shanghai to Singapore.

Royal Caribbean International

Ship:

Mariner of the Seas

Date:

31st August 2017

Duration:

10 Nights

from A$1599.00pp

Inside from A$1599.00pp

Outside from A$1634.24pp

Balcony from A$1775.18pp

Suite from A$1951.35pp

Cathay Air fare included.

If you happen to be in the region or can organise your own air this cruise is going for $349 USD + tax+ tips on my go to USA TA site. Sadly I will be coming home at the end of August otherwise I would have added this to the two cheap Ovation cruises I picked up while here.

If you happen to be in the region or can organise your own air this cruise is going for $349 USD + tax+ tips on my go to USA TA site. Sadly I will be coming home at the end of August otherwise I would have added this to the two cheap Ovation cruises I picked up while here.

RCCL's site says it's a 9 night cruise leaving September 1st.

Pacific Eden, Cairns, PNG, 2nd Sept 2017, 7 nights, $443pp Inside, $540pp Window.

Update: Sorry, seems to have gone now.

There is a twin obstructed ocean view available for $549pp on that cruise still available

Did that one last October, had a great time but just a warning for anyone with bad knees, hips, legs etc. Most rooms have shower over the bath. Inside has regular shower only.

Loved the ship and loved the itinerary.

Pacific Eden, Cairns, PNG, 2nd Sept 2017, 7 nights, $443pp Inside, $540pp Window.

Update: Sorry, seems to have gone now.

I found a good deal and went to get it but they soon disappeared with the prices jumping up when doing the booking. It seem P&O are making a habit of it as the cheap price is still listed.

I booked the top category ocean view (needed to book this one as I didn't want to get "upgraded "to the walkaround 6th deck where you have to make sure your curtains are drawn tight at night :/

For the 7 night New Guinea cruise leaving 2 sept on The Eden. .. $649pp twin share Not a bad deal , would have preferred a balcony but couldn't justify an extra $900

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I booked the top category ocean view (needed to book this one as I didn't want to get "upgraded "to the walkaround 6th deck where you have to make sure your curtains are drawn tight at night :/

Definitely keep away from those Deck 6 "Oceanview" cabins, they are quite horrible on Aria. I assume the same for Eden.

ms Maasdam, 22/11/17, 31 nights, NZ, Tonga, Tahiti, Samoa, Fiji, $3760pp Inside.

Getting close to the magic $100pn and a dream itinerary (at least for me).

Glad to see this thread is still going. Sorry, I haven't contributed to it much of late. Just that not cruising at the moment until we start building our house. Then soon as that started I be looking for some deals in October/November cause I haven't cruised in over 16 months and the withdrawal symptoms are bad hahaha.

Glad to see this thread is still going. Sorry, I haven't contributed to it much of late. Just that not cruising at the moment until we start building our house. Then soon as that started I be looking for some deals in October/November cause I haven't cruised in over 16 months and the withdrawal symptoms are bad hahaha.

LOL, it has only been a few months for me and I am hanging out.

Definitely keep away from those Deck 6 "Oceanview" cabins, they are quite horrible on Aria. I assume the same for Eden.

Funny how we all see things differently. I have cruised on a deck 6 cabin on Aria and didn't mind it. If I was to book on one of these ships again, a balcony would be my first choice, but if that wasn't available a deck 6 inside or outside would be my next choice. I liked that I could quickly walk outside onto the promenade deck and go for a stroll, enjoy the view, get some fresh air, etc, without having to worry about several stairs or lifts.

I'm with you JSPQLD.

Son and I love the cabins on Deck 6. Privacy doesn't seem to be a problem and they are so convenient to everything. It is like having your own balcony just around the corner. Not too many passengers seem to use the promenade deck except in the smoking area. Avoid that area like the plague. I dislike being on 4 or 5, I feel that I am down in the bottom of the ship.

To each his own!!