El Cheapo Cruises Thread

A friend has been sailing on it the past week in the med, he has liked the ship overall, his son loves the kids club, says food has been ok, but feels the entertainment has been lacking and nothing compared to what he has seen on RCI or MSC.

Thanks for the feedback, time will tell how the ship adapts o the different markets. I am hoping to have most issues ironed out by the time it leaves Australia in 2019 for our cruise.

Depart Brisbane – 19 May 17, 7 night Pacific Hopper from $499 pp twin share

Depart Sydney – 26 May 17, 7 night State of Origin cruise from $699 pp twin share...

Depart Cairns – 12 Sep 17, 4 night Sea Break - Whitsundays

cruise from $349 pp twin share

Depart Fremantle – 9 Jun 17, 3 night Food & Wine cruise from $249 pp twin share

Mic that SOO cruise includes tickets to the game & on board will be a few former State Of Origin players at meet & Great seassions. Wish i could get the time off work. $699 that's cheap..

Mic that SOO cruise includes tickets to the game & on board will be a few former State Of Origin players at meet & Great seassions. Wish i could get the time off work. $699 that's cheap..

Wow, I didn't realise it included tickets as well.

Depart Brisbane – 19 May 17, 7 night Pacific Hopper from $499 pp twin share

Depart Sydney – 26 May 17, 7 night State of Origin cruise from $699 pp twin share...

Depart Cairns – 12 Sep 17, 4 night Sea Break - Whitsundays

cruise from $349 pp twin share

Depart Fremantle – 9 Jun 17, 3 night Food & Wine cruise from $249 pp twin share

Yes Mic, we've been watching those cheap P&O cruises. Our last P&O Australia cruise was way back in 2011. It was OK but don't know if we can risk them again as they seem to have even cost-cut more since then according to all our family & friends who have cruised in the last couple of years with them:(.

Hi Brian & Gail,

Just letting you know I took a group of 5 on pacific eden last October to PNG. 2 were first time cruisers so I made a point of emphasing that P & O are very low key.

We all had a great time, not expecting too much. The 2 restaurants Asian and Italian were excellent. Have also taken the grandaughters on pacific pearl and pacific jewel and they loved the kids club. Pacific eden was certainly a step up. The 2 first timers have since booked cruises.

We are looking foward to our gate 1 cruise also doing our first MSC on Fantasia as we have time to fill in between land travel and river cruise.

Hi Brian & Gail,

Just letting you know I took a group of 5 on pacific eden last October to PNG. 2 were first time cruisers so I made a point of emphasing that P & O are very low key.

We all had a great time, not expecting too much. The 2 restaurants Asian and Italian were excellent. Have also taken the grandaughters on pacific pearl and pacific jewel and they loved the kids club. Pacific eden was certainly a step up. The 2 first timers have since booked cruises.

We are looking foward to our gate 1 cruise also doing our first MSC on Fantasia as we have time to fill in between land travel and river cruise.

I think that is the right track.

I look forward to hearing about your Gate 1 cruise experience.

We used them for a land tour in Cambodia and Vietnam and were very impressed so we have a India and Nepal trip booked for later this year.

we cruises with Brian & Gail a couple of years ago joining them on a shore excursion they organized. They did the river cruise with gate 1 last year so I am feeling quite confident about gate 1 and your comments add to that. My only real concern is water levels and no one can foresee that.

will let you know but it is still 5 months away.

we cruises with Brian & Gail a couple of years ago joining them on a shore excursion they organized. They did the river cruise with gate 1 last year so I am feeling quite confident about gate 1 and your comments add to that. My only real concern is water levels and no one can foresee that.

Cheers.

I hope your river cruise is in September, because October water levels can be more iffy. There is a thread on River Cruising, which provides information on water levels.

Hi Brian & Gail,

Tara Jane, great to hear from you. We loved the Gate 1 river cruise in Europe and enjoyed the MSC Poesia Transatlantic cruise in 2011 (beautiful ship) although the public address notices in 6 languages were annoying.

Tara Jane, great to hear from you. We loved the Gate 1 river cruise in Europe and enjoyed the MSC Poesia Transatlantic cruise in 2011 (beautiful ship) although the public address notices in 6 languages were annoying.

Cheers.

For reference purposes, since I don't think anyone will make it onboard by tomorrow:

Pacific Aria, dep Brisbane, May 26th, 14 nights, Oceanview twin, $730pp .

That would be about $52/day.

WOW, I can't believe the SOO cruise was so cheap as well

XMAS deal -

17 Dec 17 - 10 nts - Pacific Explorer

Twin share interior $989pp

Twin share oceanview $1289pp

Twin share balcony $1489pp...

Sydney > Isle of Pines > Lifou Island > Vila > Mystery Island > Sydney

Children's availability on this sailing

XMAS deal -

That's a good deal, especially on the old Dawn Princess.....nice ship. I'm tempted!!!

XMAS deal -

Thanks Mic. Might work for us. Very limited at the moment when we can cruise due to house build and Pete work.

Sorry this probably wont help anyone other than for future research...BUT...we are in China at present and being OCD cruise price check I was just going through the motions this morning and as usual all the cruises from Beijing on Ovation were expensive....until I did I final look on one of the big US TA's websites and noticed Ovation next week on a 4 night Beijing-Japan-Beijing cruise had Junior Suites for $251 USD.

I have just spent an agonising three hours booking and finally received my confirmation. $325pp USD including taxes for a family Junior suite.

Still trying to book another 5 night to two different Japanese ports for $440 USD (including taxes) on June 23rd.

Not sure why this agency had these cabins at this price as others show either sold out or well over $1000 PP.

Just goes to show that sometimes there are crazy prices out there.