El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Thank you, so can I just clarify with those that get the fare drop.

You can book with a TA or princess, but to watch for fare drops it is the princess site that is used looking for price drops.

I did book an excellent deal for an MSC med cruise for later this year through a TA and was given the option of paying $49 which would cover me for any price drop within so many days of booking,... I am thinking it was 30 days but not 100% sure. We didn't take the option up as I knew we got such a great deal that I could never imagine it dropping. If it didn't have the time limit I would have probably taken it.

Thank you, so can I just clarify with those that get the fare drop.

You can book with a TA or princess, but to watch for fare drops it is the princess site that is used looking for price drops.

I did book an excellent deal for an MSC med cruise for later this year through a TA and was given the option of paying $49 which would cover me for any price drop within so many days of booking,... I am thinking it was 30 days but not 100% sure. We didn't take the option up as I knew we got such a great deal that I could never imagine it dropping. If it didn't have the time limit I would have probably taken it.

Hi Tara Jane,

I have never had a fare drop through a TA as I book direct with Princess now when cruising with them, but yes, watch the Princess site or the TA site you booked through. Other TA specials may be specifically for them when they book groups or blocks of cabins etc.

Some TA's will charge for refaring as they class it as an amendment to your booking. I have seen some for $150 per person!! So check the booking details with your TA, ask if they will refare and how much it will cost.

I guess the $49 is like an insurance for an amendment fee.......if they didnt charge for changes they wouldn't offer the fee. I wonder if you have to look out for the cheaper fares, or that fee pays for them to do it?

I guess the $49 is like an insurance for an amendment fee.......if they didnt charge for changes they wouldn't offer the fee. I wonder if you have to look out for the cheaper fares, or that fee pays for them to do it?

There was one TA that I've seen offering it, and the offer actually enables discounts when you normally wouldn't get it i.e. the cruiseline wouldn't give it to you, so it was actually a form of insurance which I suspect the TA was wearing the cost of like other insurance.

Just found this one.

Ship - Explorer of the Seas

Sydney to Sydney (South Pacific)

Date - 22nd Feb 2017

Nights - 10

Ports - Mare, Isle of Pines, Mystery Island and Vila (5 sea days)

Cost:

$696 for a Guarantee Inside cabin (or $69.60 per night)

There are only insides and the guarantee cabins left. Royal Caribbean don't have any cabins left.

Solo is not too bad either - $1,415 or $141.50 per night.

Also found this one.

Sydney to Seattle

Date - 22nd April 2017

Nights - 24

Ports - Isle of Pines, Noumea, Mystery Island, Suva, Kona, Lahaina and Honolulu (14 sea days)

Cost:

$1,743 for a Guarantee Inside cabin (or $72.63 per night)

• 2 weeks later...

School holiday Easter cruise!

13 nights voyager of the seas

6 April 2017

New Caledonia and Fiji

Inside twin from $999

I so wish we could do this one but no chance of getting more leave from work. Hardly ever see a school holiday cruise for less than $100 per night! Of course if you don't have children you probably want to avoid this one like the plague. :p

Suva to Kona would have to be at least 7 sea days straight. WOW. When i went to Hawaii via Suva, Tahati. we had 3 days straight, then 5 days straight. That was hard. even though we had American Comedians & The voice finalists to keep us going. I spent a lot of time on Balcony reading a book. Hard with inside cabin.

Sydney to Seattle

Date - 22nd April 2017

Nights - 24

Ports - Isle of Pines, Noumea, Mystery Island, Suva, Kona, Lahaina and Honolulu (14 sea days)

Cost:

• 3 weeks later...
Also found this one.

Sydney to Seattle

Date - 22nd April 2017

Nights - 24

Ports - Isle of Pines' date=' Noumea, Mystery Island, Suva, Kona, Lahaina and Honolulu (14 sea days)

[u']Cost:[/u]

How is it 14 sea days and 7 stops that does not total 24 days?

Taking it from the top...

The cruise is 23 nights, 24 days. That includes the day it departs from Sydney, and the day it arrives in Seattle.

It is also having an overnight stay in Suva.

So, including Sydney and Seattle, it's 10 days in port and 14 days at sea. Those 14 sea days include 2x 1st May, due to crossing the date line.

Taking it from the top...

The cruise is 23 nights, 24 days. That includes the day it departs from Sydney, and the day it arrives in Seattle.

It is also having an overnight stay in Suva.

So, including Sydney and Seattle, it's 10 days in port and 14 days at sea. Those 14 sea days include 2x 1st May, due to crossing the date line.

That makes sense

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for a cheap last minute cruise here it is - P and O Pacific Dawn 29 April, 7 nights to Noumea, Vila, Lifou ex Brisbane. Only $299 twin share interior or $379 twin share oceanview.

If anyone is looking for a cheap last minute cruise here it is - P and O Pacific Dawn 29 April, 7 nights to Noumea, Vila, Lifou ex Brisbane. Only $299 twin share interior or $379 twin share oceanview.

I saw that, and if you want to go quad $199:eek:, 7 nights, bargain if you live close!!

they've upped the price, you have to be quick

they still have the total price for a quad at $1,751.12

I can only see it on one website, three others including P&O don't have those prices, and if you click on the $299 fare, the next page shows a three tier price structure that starts at $1226 per cabin (or $613 pp).

Very confusing.

Here are two below $100 a night. Both departing Sydney to New Caledonia.

04 June 2017

9 Nights

Carnival Spirit

Up To $200 Onboard Credit*

Twin from $729.53 pp ($81 a night)

and

05 June 2017

8 Nights

Pacific Jewel

Twin from $590 pp ($74 a night)

The Pacific Explorer (old Dawn Princess) has a few cruises below the $100 a night mark. Slow sales? Further drops closer to sailing could be on the cards?

10 July 2017

10 Nights

Twin From $842 pp

20 July 2017

8 Nights

Twin From $705 pp

07 August 2017

12 Nights

Twin From $1028 pp