El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Sorry this probably wont help anyone other than for future research...BUT...we are in China at present and being OCD cruise price check I was just going through the motions this morning and as usual all the cruises from Beijing on Ovation were expensive....until I did I final look on one of the big US TA's websites and noticed Ovation next week on a 4 night Beijing-Japan-Beijing cruise had Junior Suites for $251 USD.

I have just spent an agonising three hours booking and finally received my confirmation. $325pp USD including taxes for a family Junior suite.

Still trying to book another 5 night to two different Japanese ports for $440 USD (including taxes) on June 23rd.

Not sure why this agency had these cabins at this price as others show either sold out or well over $1000 PP.

Just goes to show that sometimes there are crazy prices out there.

Bon Voyage!

I see last minute prices from US TAs like that all the time. Breaks my heart as, being retired, I can travel at short notice.

Sorry this probably wont help anyone other than for future research...BUT...we are in China at present and being OCD cruise price check I was just going through the motions this morning and as usual all the cruises from Beijing on Ovation were expensive....until I did I final look on one of the big US TA's websites and noticed Ovation next week on a 4 night Beijing-Japan-Beijing cruise had Junior Suites for $251 USD.

I have just spent an agonising three hours booking and finally received my confirmation. $325pp USD including taxes for a family Junior suite.

Still trying to book another 5 night to two different Japanese ports for $440 USD (including taxes) on June 23rd.

Not sure why this agency had these cabins at this price as others show either sold out or well over $1000 PP.

Just goes to show that sometimes there are crazy prices out there.

Wow, super cheap. Hope you can pick up some more bargains while you are there.

This looks like a good price

Norwegian Jewel

14 Dec 2017 Nine nights

Sydney

Eden

Burnie

Melbourne

Kangaroo Island

Adelaide

Sydney

Inside $1221

OV $1524

Balcony $1524

Mini $1902

Suite $4303

Haven $7106

But be warned the pesky Mrs Gut will be on it.

This looks like a good price

Norwegian Jewel

14 Dec 2017 Nine nights

Sydney

Eden

Burnie

Melbourne

Kangaroo Island

Adelaide

Sydney

Inside $1221

OV $1524

Balcony $1524

Mini $1902

Suite $4303

Haven $7106

But be warned the pesky Mrs Gut will be on it.

LOL, I have been watching that one as well as the one in February.

AUS. T/A. offering OVATION OTS NOV. 23rd.Singapore to Syd. 14Ngts.Bal. Guar. $2499 p/p includes grat.+ Air & Hotel. :)

We just booked it with friends :D. They do use Scoot for Air - we're flying direct from Gold Coast.

Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas

10 Night South Pacific Cruise

15th February 2018

Interior Cabin: $971 per person

Oceanview or Balcony Cabin: $1576 per person

DEAL

10 NIGHT SOUTH PACIFIC CRUISE

Leaving from: Sydney, Australia

On Board: Voyager of the Seas

This cruise visits 5 ports

• port-SYD-icon.jpgSydney,Australia
  • port-VLI-icon.jpgVila,Vanuatu
  • port-MYS-icon.jpgMystery Island,Vanuatu
  • port-NOU-icon.jpgNoumea,New Caledonia
  • port-MRE-icon.jpgMaré,New Caledonia

15th February 2018

DEAL

10 NIGHT SOUTH PACIFIC CRUISE

Leaving from: Sydney, Australia

On Board: Voyager of the Seas

This cruise visits 5 ports

• port-SYD-icon.jpgSydney,Australia
  • port-VLI-icon.jpgVila,Vanuatu
  • port-MYS-icon.jpgMystery Island,Vanuatu
  • port-NOU-icon.jpgNoumea,New Caledonia
  • port-MRE-icon.jpgMaré,New Caledonia

Any cruise under $100 per person per day is a good deal!

15th February 2018

I've put a 24 hr hold on an inside cabin for this cruise (pending confirmation from DW) and under the Global WOW sale I've been given $200 OBC and a 50% deposit.

SCORE! :D

I've put a 24 hr hold on an inside cabin for this cruise (pending confirmation from DW) and under the Global WOW sale I've been given $200 OBC and a 50% deposit.

SCORE! :D

Considering that the OBC is worth around $130 AUD pp and grats are now included which would have cost, say $180 AUD pp that makes the real cruise cost around $66 pp per day. Great deal.

We have been booking on board as far out as possible whenever we have a current cruise that didn't have grats included. We take the OBC on that cruise we are on to cover the grats and then just transfer to a cruise when a bargain comes up. Because we would have to pay the grats anyway the deposit is virtually free and we would be no worse off if we cancelled and lost it. (But we will use it lol)

We just transferred one to the Explorer 26th Nov 2017 in the flash sale. $1060 for an OV for 9 nights.

If the 15th Feb cruise is still at this price on Friday once we re-board Ovation I will book it as well I think. (don't think it will be though).

Having flown GC to Singapore with Scoot before, I can recommend upgrading to the "quiet zone".

Unfortunately for our flight it went from $189 + luggage/meal for economy to over $600 for their "business" class - looks like everyone had the same idea:loudcry:.

Unfortunately for our flight it went from $189 + luggage/meal for economy to over $600 for their "business" class - looks like everyone had the same idea:loudcry:.

It's not Business Class, just the Economy Quiet Zone. You get more leg room and no babies and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.