El Cheapo Cruises Thread

HOT DEAL - HAWAII TO SYDNEY CRUISE PACKAGE 🛳 20 Nights - 26 September 2020- Celebrity Solstice
Package Inclusions:
> One-way flight Sydney to Honolulu
> 2 night pre-cruise stay in Honolulu
> 18 night cruise from Honolulu to Sydney aboard Celebrity Solstice. Cruise highlights include Maui, Bora Bora, Papeete, Auckland & Bay of Islands
> All meals and entertainment
> Gratuities on board the ship
> All port fees and taxes
EX SYDNEY
Inside from $2899 per person
Balcony from $3969 per person
EX BRISBANE
Inside from $3299 per person
Balcony from $4369 per person
EX MELBOURNE
19 nights - Departs 27SEP20
Inside from $3009 per person
Balcony from $4089 per person
EX PERTH
19 nights - Departs 27SEP20
Inside from $3529 per person
Balcony from $4609 per person

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  That could be a factor for big spending passengers with our weak Aussie dollar.  

Tell me about it! We have a land based USA trip next year. We’ve saved hard for a few years and our money isn’t going to go as far as I thought. 

3 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Tell me about it! We have a land based USA trip next year. We’ve saved hard for a few years and our money isn’t going to go as far as I thought. 

Yes, it is not a good time to be travelling in the US for Aussies.  However, if you live like a local, you can make your money stretch.

12 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

The good news is that things in the US are cheap (compared to Australia), the bad news is the currency conversion erodes any of those savings you may have been banking on.

I just finished the Transatlantic on Holland America Rotterdam and it was $2100aud (ex grats) for an inside cabin for 18nights which was great value. The cruise was superb with Madeira and Teneriffe the highlights.

I would really suggest this type of cruise as a good option. The cruise departed from Rome and we are now in Orlando visiting Disney.

Edited by GCHAN

7 hours ago, GCHAN said:

I just finished the Transatlantic on Holland America Rotterdam and it was $2100aud (ex grats) for an inside cabin for 18nights which was great value. The cruise was superb with Madeira and Teneriffe the highlights.

I would really suggest this type of cruise as a good option. The cruise departed from Rome and we are now in Orlando visiting Disney.

Good stuff, have fun.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, MicCanberra said:

The good news is that things in the US are cheap (compared to Australia), the bad news is the currency conversion erodes any of those savings you may have been banking on.

Depends what you buy, but not sure they're even cheap. E.g. bread is US4.50 for a smaller loaf, apples about USD4 for half a kilo... then add conversion and they're way more.

On 11/24/2019 at 8:22 PM, Sparky74 said:

There’s some good prices for Royal Caribbean cruises out of Sydney in February and March 2020. 

We got an excellent deal on ovation of the seas in feb but we booked a year out. Hoping to get the upsell email closer to the sailing date

I’ve seen some good deals on Carnival Splendor to the islands out of Sydney including:

3/4/20 - 7 nights - $679pp

27/4/20 - 10 nights - $819pp

11/5/20 - 9 nights - $849pp

20/5/20 - 8 nights - $699pp

9/6/20 - 10 nights - $869pp

All of the above prices are per person for a twin interior cabin. 

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I’ve seen some good deals on Carnival Splendor to the islands out of Sydney including:

3/4/20 - 7 nights - $679pp

27/4/20 - 10 nights - $819pp

11/5/20 - 9 nights - $849pp

20/5/20 - 8 nights - $699pp

9/6/20 - 10 nights - $869pp

All of the above prices are per person for a twin interior cabin. 

Attractive pricing to have a look at Splendor.

Thanks, I have been looking for a cheap cruise and boy did I find one,  Just booked Interior Guarantee 8 nights 10 February for $490 pp.  Thought it was a misprint but have confirmation and paid.  Live in Brisbane so have the cost of getting to Sydney also have never had an interior but for that price, will find out. Booked with cruising out of oz, all other sites were $735  and higher.  I have checked Carnival and booking is there. Bonus $50 credit plus I will get $100 military credit. Interior cabin out of Sydney here we come.

Edited by shrekaus
correction

1 hour ago, shrekaus said:

Thanks, I have been looking for a cheap cruise and boy did I find one,  Just booked Interior Guarantee 8 nights 10 February for $490 pp.  Thought it was a misprint but have confirmation and paid.  Live in Brisbane so have the cost of getting to Sydney also have never had an interior but for that price, will find out. Booked with cruising out of oz, all other sites were $735  and higher.  I have checked Carnival and booking is there. Bonus $50 credit plus I will get $100 military credit. Interior cabin out of Sydney here we come.

That really good buying. Unfortunately, I could cruise, but my partner wouldn't get time off especially since we cruising NYE. I need to wait to late March-April or early May. 

Amazing BALCONY Deals

27/1/2020

Carnival Spirit

11 nights ex Melbourne 

$999/person

10/2/2020 

Carnival Spirit 

12 nights ex Melbourne 

$1,099/person

23/2/2020

Carnival Splendor 

7 nights ex Sydney