El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Great CRUISE deal here  -  If you’re one of the FIRST 30 bookings, you can be setting sail from Sydney to Auckland onboard Celebrity Solstice from just $1299 per person – and that includes airfare too.

Read on to find out how you can secure yourself a cabin; this is one you will not want to miss!

trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
PACKAGE HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS
trans.gif
• Depart 20 March 2020
• 12-night cruise onboard Celebrity Solstice from Sydney to Newcastle, Cairns (Yorkeys Knob) (overnight), Airlie Beach, Brisbane, Bay of Islands and Auckland
• All meals, entertainment and gratuities onboard the ship
• Upgrade to an Oceanview Stateroom from $399pp – that’s under $34pp, per night!
• One-way international flight back to Sydney
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
12 NIGHT FLY/CRUISE HOLIDAY PACKAGE FROM $1299PP

On 1/18/2020 at 9:47 AM, datone said:

Great CRUISE deal here  -  If you’re one of the FIRST 30 bookings, you can be setting sail from Sydney to Auckland onboard Celebrity Solstice from just $1299 per person – and that includes airfare too.

Read on to find out how you can secure yourself a cabin; this is one you will not want to miss!

trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
PACKAGE HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS
trans.gif
• Depart 20 March 2020
• 12-night cruise onboard Celebrity Solstice from Sydney to Newcastle, Cairns (Yorkeys Knob) (overnight), Airlie Beach, Brisbane, Bay of Islands and Auckland
• All meals, entertainment and gratuities onboard the ship
• Upgrade to an Oceanview Stateroom from $399pp – that’s under $34pp, per night!
• One-way international flight back to Sydney
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
12 NIGHT FLY/CRUISE HOLIDAY PACKAGE FROM $1299PP

Great deal  . NZ agent has cruise only for. $1056 Inside  and $1811 balcony.

Cant beat $88 per day .

Wonder if the overnight at Yorkers is putting folk off.

1 hour ago, challis said:

big difference to overnight in cairns dock versus yorkys knob

i was interested when i seen cairns O.night,but its a long shuttle bus from the knob to

cairns downtown.not worth the effort for me

When it says Cairns it usually means Yorky’S, unless you are on a small ship, the others can’t get in

best to organise an over night hotel than try doing the tenders both days, wastes too much time

the rain forest areas in the mountains  behind Cairns are very beautiful 

I was interested in this discussion as we will be stopping in Cairns in 2021. 

Itinerary for Carnival Spirit says Yorkeys Knob, but having a look at this  https://www.portsnorth.com.au/marine-tourism/cruise-ship-schedules/  Spirit is at Cairns Port for that date. Scrolling down you can see the Yorkeys Knob entries.

I would be happy to dock at Cairns for this one as it is a 3pm departure so makes for a short day.

39 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I was interested in this discussion as we will be stopping in Cairns in 2021. 

Itinerary for Carnival Spirit says Yorkeys Knob, but having a look at this  https://www.portsnorth.com.au/marine-tourism/cruise-ship-schedules/  Spirit is at Cairns Port for that date. Scrolling down you can see the Yorkeys Knob entries.

I would be happy to dock at Cairns for this one as it is a 3pm departure so makes for a short day.

Hello Chez. I too am interested, as we are in Cairns on 1st Feb 2020. P&O has use using Cairns and your link has Pacific Explorer going into the Port of Cairns. Short walk into town. 🙂

28 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Hello Chez. I too am interested, as we are in Cairns on 1st Feb 2020. P&O has use using Cairns and your link has Pacific Explorer going into the Port of Cairns. Short walk into town. 🙂

The Sun class ships have always been able to get into Cairns. Pacific Dawn is not allowed to enter due to limitations in its propulsion system.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit quiet here recently so here is a last minute if it suits.

Norwegian Jewel

Fri 14 - Fri 28 Feb (14 nights)

EMBARK Sydney, Burnie (Tasmania), Melbourne, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Akaroa, Wellington, DISEMBARK Sydney, Australia

Balcony Guarantee (Sailaway Balcony in their terminology)

A$1808 pp + A$300pp pre-paid Service charges.

On the cruise line's website.

All over facebook atm. 

REDEPLOYMENT OFFER - FREMANTLE TO SYDNEY on the Queen Mary 2

Departs 18 February 2020 for 17 nights

From Perth (Fremantle) to Sydney for 17 nights via Darwin, Yorkey's Knob, Airlie Beach and Brisbane.

From $949 per person twin share Interior Cabin, less than $50 per day

Interior from $949 per person twin share

Outside from $1049 per person twin share

Balcony from $1349 per person twin share

Queens Grill from $3499 per person twin share

For further information contact:

16 hours ago, andlep said:

All over facebook atm. 

REDEPLOYMENT OFFER - FREMANTLE TO SYDNEY on the Queen Mary 2

Departs 18 February 2020 for 17 nights

From Perth (Fremantle) to Sydney for 17 nights via Darwin, Yorkey's Knob, Airlie Beach and Brisbane.

Ok, so I'm trying to do some quick research on this one for my parents. They are keen to book it. They've done 50+ cruises but never been on Cunard, usually Princess or Celebrity.

Daily grats on Cunard??

Taking wine onboard??

Any other tips or things I might be missing?

6 hours ago, mum and son said:

Ok, so I'm trying to do some quick research on this one for my parents. They are keen to book it. They've done 50+ cruises but never been on Cunard, usually Princess or Celebrity.

Daily grats on Cunard??

Taking wine onboard??

Sorry I don't know many details. Have a look at travel agents that love to cruise or maybe you like to cruise first ❤️

6 hours ago, mum and son said:

Daily grats on Cunard??

Taking wine onboard??

I have read that passengers can take wine onto Cunard and are charged corkage. However I don't know if that charge applies if they drink the wine in their cabin, rather than taking it to the dining room.

I don't know about daily grats.