UBD in College Fjord

RaiderCruiser

Wanted to know if it would be a good idea to schedule an Ultimate Balcony Dining experience while we our cruising College Fjord. The itinerary shows we are scheduled to cruise through the fjords from 6 - 8:30pm. Didn't know if the balcony would be a great place to view the scenery or a not so good one. Looking for advice.

Thanks

I've done the UBD twice and prefer it when there's a late departure from a port. Two weeks ago we did it starting at 6:30 when I ship was schedule to sail at 7. It ended up leaving a few minutes late. It was great. The first time we did it while I ship was docked in Curacao, not leaving until 10 p.m.

For some reason, I was under the impression that they limit the nights they do the UBD. College Fjord is the last night of the northbound week. Does Princess offer UBD the last night before disembarkation?

Usually max of 4 per night, not sure about the last night.

I know they are very busy with luggage and the passageways are a mess with bags on the final evening. I can't see them trying to get the bell box cart to the cabin.

Maybe I am wrong.

This, and your food being cold before you get a chance to eat it. EM

I figured their dinner would consist of cold fried chicken, potato salad, iced tea. For dessert, the standard Baked Alaska (sorry, I couldn't resist), or ice cream.

We've been to College Fjord twice - once in early July and once in early August. While the weather was clear, it was cool enough both times that eating outside would not have been pleasant. As others have said, you want to be up on deck where you can look at both sides of the fjord. If I remember correctly most of the narration was on the cruise up the fjord. The scenery is lovely.

Like others I wouldn't recommend it & you probably would need to have it inside your cabin. We had to do that during an early December sailaway from Santorini & wouldn't want to miss so much of College Fjord while eating inside of my cabin.

Wanted to know if it would be a good idea to schedule an Ultimate Balcony Dining experience while we our cruising College Fjord. The itinerary shows we are scheduled to cruise through the fjords from 6 - 8:30pm. Didn't know if the balcony would be a great place to view the scenery or a not so good one. Looking for advice.

Thanks

Good advice about the potential for cold outside - they are glaciers just a couple of hundred feet away... ;)

Princess offered a Balcony Breakfast for our cruise through Glacier Bay. We kept the food inside on our bed and munched for most of the Glacier Bay cruising. It got VERY cold outside, so it was good to come inside to warm up again, and have a little more to eat to stoke the internal furnaces.