Original Charter Members of Captains Club

atdahop

Didn't they refund or rebate the money we paid to join or is my memory going too?

Yes, they returned the fee in the form of an OBC, but it had to be used for a booking within a year of the refund date.

Edited by Orator

I never got any notification of such a refund. I don't remember what year they changed the program, but we never got that refund and we had paid for the CC membership.

Learned about it from their newsletter. It was clear that it was a "use it, or lose it" offer.

We joined in July 1994 before there was a fee, our number was like 13,700. The first CC card was paper, then a plastic one came, with our luggage tags with our CC # on them. We always get asked about the tags when a long term employee see's them. At the first change we recieved another card the said 'Founders Member' on it. then another with the loooong number. We have never been told of anything extra just because we signed up before it was popular to do so!:D

Still have both cards and posted a pic of them on the X FB page when this question was asked there a few months back.

Edited by wallie5446

We joined in July 1994 before there was a fee, our number was like 13,700. The first CC card was paper, then a plastic one came, with our luggage tags with our CC # on them. We always get asked about the tags when a long term employee see's them. At the first change we recieved another card the said 'Founders Member' on it. then another with the loooong number. We have never been told of anything extra just because we signed up before it was popular to do so!:D

Still have both cards and posted a pic of them on the X FB page when this question was asked there a few months back.

I don't think we ever paid anything either. But it always seemed like a good deal, and it did encourage us to sail X.

We joined in 1998 and did not cruise again with X until 2002. Never received any credit. Then we cruised not again until 2009. When did refund happen?

We joined in September 2002 (after our first Celebrity cruise). We paid $35.00 and then we got the money back in OBC on our August 2003 Celebrity Cruise.

So sometime between September 2002 and August 2013.

After trying Royal ,our first cruise on X was 2001 on Mercury...our fav ship.

Our first Plastic card says Founder Classic Member....is Charter diff from Founder?

DH and can't recall if we paid to join...but I thought we did and then rec'd OBC..all ancient history now..,

We'll make Elite + in Nov....and probably never make it to Zenith.!

After trying Royal ,our first cruise on X was 2001 on Mercury...our fav ship.

Our first Plastic card says Founder Classic Member....is Charter diff from Founder?

DH and can't recall if we paid to join...but I thought we did and then rec'd OBC..all ancient history now..,

We'll make Elite + in Nov....and probably never make it to Zenith.!

I'm the same, joined in 2001, but don't remember if I paid or not nor do I care. My first cruise was on the Galaxy.

We joined in the 90s. I don't remember paying to join or receiving a refund but I do remember having "Founder Member" printed on our seapass cards. Not as many people cruised in those days and we were tickled pink to be invited to join a club for people who had taken multiple cruises. It seemed really special!:)

I paid the $25 fee to join. In those days, it got me a free air deviation. Nothing else. It was refunded by check when they changed to a no fee program. I do not recall and OBC for it. Regardless, drop the subject. You have certainly benefited from the changes. You now get lots of nice perks. Enjoy!

Started cruising Celebrity in 94. Was a Founding Member and Paid $35.00. Although they did offer a credit later on, never did get it because you had to use it in a certain period of time. Nice to see and hear from the original FMs. Keep them coming.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Meridian. We were blown away by the food. Loved the vegetables in the little potato baskets (imagine making those for 2800 passengers today!), the swan eclairs sitting in chocolate sauce that were pictured in the brochures. Yes, we were hooked and we still are!:)

Edited by YVR cruiser

We paid the $35 fee and received a credit that we used in the specialty restaurant on Infinity in 2004.

Our first Captain's Club celebration in Michael's on Horizon attracted 6 members back in 94. We loved the priority boarding bypassing the long line of non-members, a taste of things to come for membership. During the 90's we cruised primarily on HAL and Princess, not becoming addicted to the X brand until 2003.