Captains Club

*twinkle*

We are 6 nights off reaching Diamond on RCCL, but I don't think we are ever gonna make it... :( We seem to be leaning more and more towards Celebrity, but we are still miles away from reaching Elite status with them. I suppose we are not alone in wishing they had some sort of reciprocal agreement in the accumulation of points.

We have jumped between RCCL, Celebrity and NCL over the years. Our last cruise was a 14 nighter on Celebrity, and our next one is also on Celebrity.

When I log into My Celebrity, I see that we have 120 points. I have no idea how that is calculated, as our first cruise would have been on the old points system. Is there anywhere I can see a "statement" of our past cruises? I know I can do this for Crown and Anchor on RCCL.

Also, our kids are all C&A, but am I right in saying there is no equivalent on Celebrity?

Many thanks for your replies!

Slightly off topic but along the same line.

Where in 'My Celebrity' do you see your points? We have done only one Celebrity but I don't know where you look for points.

Under the new system we will never reach a 'tier' level but might have lots of fun trying.

We are 6 nights off reaching Diamond on RCCL, but I don't think we are ever gonna make it... :( We seem to be leaning more and more towards Celebrity, but we are still miles away from reaching Elite status with them. I suppose we are not alone in wishing they had some sort of reciprocal agreement in the accumulation of points.

We have jumped between RCCL, Celebrity and NCL over the years. Our last cruise was a 14 nighter on Celebrity, and our next one is also on Celebrity.

When I log into My Celebrity, I see that we have 120 points. I have no idea how that is calculated, as our first cruise would have been on the old points system. Is there anywhere I can see a "statement" of our past cruises? I know I can do this for Crown and Anchor on RCCL.

Sign in

lick on captains cluc

scroll down to big block called sailing history

click on it

Also, our kids are all C&A, but am I right in saying there is no equivalent on Celebrity?

It would probably be worth it to accrue 6 more points on Royal to hit Diamond status on Royal. You would then be reciprocal Elite when sailing on Celebrity.

Although I have done one cruise on RCCL, I cannot remember how you accrue points, as it has changed since we last sailed in 2001.

However I do agree it would be the best course for you do one more (short?) cruise on RCCL so that you become Diamond.

We did just that in 2012, as we only needed one point under the old system, to become Elite on Celebrity.

Edited by upwarduk

Many thanks, that worked perfectly. I can now see my history and the conversion rate.

Regarding taking a short cruise *believe me* I am trying my best to find something suitable!! :D

Nothing "floating my boat" at the moment though! Everything from UK or Europe seems to be for a week or more, and we just don't have the time at the moment.

I will keep looking, it would have been good to get Diamond/Elite sorted out before our Christmas Extravaganza on Millennium!

Unless they've changed things - and if I'm understanding you correctly - once you achieve status on Celebrity based on your Royal status, the only way you can move up the ladder on Celebrity from that point on is to sail on Celebrity. So for example, if you look at Celebrity now and it shows you as Select and you achieve Diamond on Royal, you will not change to Elite on Celebrity automatically - you'll need to earn those additional points by sailing on Celebrity to get there.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... or if I missed something here.

Edited by zelker

Many thanks, that worked perfectly. I can now see my history and the conversion rate.

Regarding taking a short cruise *believe me* I am trying my best to find something suitable!! :D

Nothing "floating my boat" at the moment though! Everything from UK or Europe seems to be for a week or more, and we just don't have the time at the moment.

I will keep looking, it would have been good to get Diamond/Elite sorted out before our Christmas Extravaganza on Millennium!

Three or four nighter in October on Indy in a JS would give you enough points - during half term too?

We also appear to be leaning more towards X than Royal. I have my eye on another 14 night Celebrity sailing next year, in addition to the 11 nighter we already have booked.

As to your inquiry on your children, Celebrity does not recognize children as being members of the Captains Club until they turn 18. However if at that time they have status in Royal, it can also be transferred immediately to Celebrity.

Unless they've changed things - and if I'm understanding you correctly - once you achieve status on Celebrity based on your Royal status, the only way you can move up the ladder on Celebrity from that point on is to sail on Celebrity. So for example, if you look at Celebrity now and it shows you as Select and you achieve Diamond on Royal, you will not change to Elite on Celebrity automatically - you'll need to earn those additional points by sailing on Celebrity to get there.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... or if I missed something here.

Not correct. The programs are reciprocal up to and including Diamond and Elite. If you are Diamond on RCCL you are Elite on Celebrity. So if they return to RCCL and meet the requirements for Diamond they would automatically be Elite on Celebrity. Levels above Elite (Elite + and Zenith) points must be earned exclusively on Celebrity or Azamara.

For further clarification, I believe that if you are Diamond on Royal and receive the courtesy Elite status on Celebrity, before you actually cruise on Celebrity, still have zero points on Celebrity. Then you start accruing your Celebrity points, and you are Elite the whole while you are accruing Celebrity points, meaning that you have to earn all the points that you would need for Elite before you start working toward Elite Plus.

Edited by cruisestitch

For further clarification, I believe that if you are Diamond on Royal and receive the courtesy Elite status on Celebrity, before you actually cruise on Celebrity, still have zero points on Celebrity. Then you start accusing your Celebrity points, and you are Elite the whole while you are accruing Celebrity points, meaning that you have to earn all the points that you would need for Elite before you start working toward Elite Plus.

That is correct since only points earned on Celebrity or Azamara will get one to levels beyond Elite.

We've done the Royal Diamond to Celebrity Elite conversion, and we actually did a short 7 night cruise on RCCL specifically in order to get there. I really found being an Elite was worthwhile, especially for the laundry cos we were doing a B2B. The internet was nice too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you all!

Three or four nighter in October on Indy in a JS would give you enough points - during half term too?

Villauk - can I just confirm what you have said - do we get extra points for booking a JS? We need an extra 6 nights, so what is the minimum number of nights we would need to book?

Edited by *twinkle*

Thank you all!

Villauk - can I just confirm what you have said - do we get extra points for booking a JS? We need an extra 6 nights, so what is the minimum number of nights we would need to book?

You get double points in a JS and above, so a three nighter would get you the six points ;).

Check out point 14 on the link below for clarification :).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Not correct. The programs are reciprocal up to and including Diamond and Elite. If you are Diamond on RCCL you are Elite on Celebrity. So if they return to RCCL and meet the requirements for Diamond they would automatically be Elite on Celebrity. Levels above Elite (Elite + and Zenith) points must be earned exclusively on Celebrity or Azamara.

I think Zelker is correct here....I think you can only make the transition once, in other words if when you transfer/join Captain's Club they will consider whatever your level is with Royal and "match" it in Captain's Club up to Elite, but say you are Select in CC because of sailings you had on Royal and then you go back and take additional cruises on Royal you don't get bumped up again in Captain's Club.....pretty sure but not positive this is how it works....perhaps our friend "Celebrity Cruises" could step in and clarify!!:)

!

Stateroom CategoryClub Points Earned per Night:

Inside/Ocean View2

Veranda3

Concierge Class/AquaClass®5

Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite8

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite18

Our history detail:

23 Nov 2013Change from use of Credits to Club Points: Bonus Points

1 Credit = 30 Club Points plus 16 bonus Points

270 Club Points (9 Credits) + 16 = 286 current points

At the change we had 9 credits, so we only needed 1 cruise to reach Elite, so they added the 16 bonus point so no matter what level cabin we booked, a 7 day cruise would give us the point/points to get there.

Go to the web site, log in, click the drop down for Capt Club, it brings up a tab, click on sailing history. Everything is there.

We are Emerald on RCCL with 79 points, so we will hit Elite before we make Diamond.

Edited by wallie5446

I think Zelker is correct here....I think you can only make the transition once, in other words if when you transfer/join Captain's Club they will consider whatever your level is with Royal and "match" it in Captain's Club up to Elite, but say you are Select in CC because of sailings you had on Royal and then you go back and take additional cruises on Royal you don't get bumped up again in Captain's Club.....pretty sure but not positive this is how it works....perhaps our friend "Celebrity Cruises" could step in and clarify!!:)

There is no transition..

There is reciprocity up to elite/diamond level. It is easier to become diamond on Royal than Elite with Celebrity based on the new point count system. Once you have reached that level reciprocity kicks. At no point do cruises points on one line get added to points on the other.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Azamara/General_Info/10021481_Loyalty.pdf

There is no transition..

There is reciprocity up to elite/diamond level. It is easier to become diamond on Royal than Elite with Celebrity based on the new point count system. Once you have reached that level reciprocity kicks. At no point do cruises points on one line get added to points on the other.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Azamara/General_Info/10021481_Loyalty.pdf

So are you saying you have to be Diamond on Royal to get the reciprocity on X? I'm pretty sure that's not true as I have friends who transitioned to Select on X from their cruising history on Royal at Platinum. Could additional cruising on Royal which gets them to Diamond get them to Elite on X?

Edited by Gracie115

While the points referenced in that pdf are out of date, the principle is the same. Here is the reciprocity --

Classic Celebrity -- no reciprocity to Royal

Select Celebrity -- reciprocity to/ from Platinum on Royal

Elite Celebrity -- reciprocity to/from Diamond on Royal

Elite Plus on Celebrity -- no reciprocity to/from Diamond Plus on Royal

Zenith on Celebrity -- no reciprocity to/from Pinnacle on Royal

You need to be at least Select or Platinum for there to be reciprocity

Above Elite and Diamond there is no reciprocity.

So, you could be Zenith on Celebrity and what you will get on Royal is Diamond. Or you could be Pinnacle on Royal and what you will get is Elite on Celebrity.

Edited by cruisestitch