Suite and Non Suite guests

Awnie

We are sailing on the Grand out of LA in early January. My DH, son and I are booked into a suite. I have my two teenage daughters booked into an inside across the hall and my mother and mother-in-law booked into a balcony just down the hall. We are all on Caribe deck.

My question is about some of the suite perks and access with the other members of our group. I understand we have a separate line for check in, can they come with us? What about Sabatini's for breakfast? Also, we would have access to priority tenders/disembarkation, could they come with us?

Thank you for you answers. It has been a long time since I cruised Princess. I love HAL and Celebrity but I think they have strong restrictions about suite and non suite guests.

No one is allowed to eat breakfast at Sabatini's except people staying in suites. I really don't think they have the space to accommodate everyone's friends. As for boarding, unless there is an usually high number of preferred boarding people, they will allow them to board with you. The same with priority for tenders. It depends on the number of elite who also have tender priority.

Only the listed occupants of the full suite can have breakfast in Sabatini's. As I understand this, they are adamant on this.

So if you want to have breakfast together, you can do so in the main dining room, the buffet or you can order full breakfast thru room service.

With the room service option, they have no way of knowing if you are feeding people who are not occupants of the suite.

For the most part, suite privileges are limited to those in the suite. If you read these boards very much you will hear of people cruising with 30 family members or more. Just think if 2 people were in a suite and showed up with the other 28 family members for breakfast?

On a case by case basis they may allow you to use some benefits like boarding with you, but probably will not allow the tendering or other benefits.

Last month on the Golden, I was Platinum (I am now Elite) I asked if my 5 fellow cruise companions could board with me in the priority area. They were first time Princess cruisers.....the answer was no they could not.

Sabatini's breakfast is just for suite passengers only as stated above.

I agree that Sabatini's is only for those staying in the suite and they have a list to document them. On our last cruise we noticed several couples trying to get included at Sabatini's but were not allowed.

I foresee a very large quantity of laundry bags forthcoming from the suite in mention. :p

It is sort of possible, but not on a casual, turn up and ask for it, basis.

What you need to do do is to contact Princess and get a quote for turning a suite and the adjacent balcony into a 'family suite'

Not done it myself but have met a family in Sabatinis who had done it and do not know whether or not the cost of the 'family suite' is at a premium to the simple sum of the suite and balcony stateroom.

I would imagine that the booking has to be in one name, and with one booking reference covering the 'family suite'.

Don't believe you can book a suite and an inside stateroom across the corridor as a family suite. They have to be able to be connected either by an internal door or by opening the balcony partitions.

Looking at my next cruise, on Island, which is more than one year out, I can see two instances where although there are very few balcony staterooms sold, there are two instances where midship suites and the adjacent balcony cabin have been sold, and I would imagine that these have been sold as family suites.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

I have never heard of being able to book a suite and the next door balcony as a family suite. If they did it, they would certainly have to charge extra. Usually suites are four times the price of a inside and double the price of a mini. So I'd think it would be somewhere in between.

Lets just say, I hope it isn't true. Do you realize how many extra people they would have for breakfast if half the suites were allowed to do that? And once the word gets out that you can just link a suite with the cabin next to it together and get suite perks - lookout - they will sell out the first day.

We always book suites and there are many times that only two tables are occupied for breakfast but there are many more where eight or more tables are full and service is much slower. They don't add more waiters.

So, if this is true, it could really make Sabatini's breakfast less attractive. We are elite so other than a larger cabin, breakfast is the only perk left. I still am not happy that the internet minutes are gone.

AND this won't help the op - they have people in three cabins.

Edited by mysaddlebred000

If they did it, they would certainly have to charge extra. Usually suites are four times the price of a inside and double the price of a mini. So I'd think it would be somewhere in between.

It was a family of five (three children) and I do not think it was a case if simply linking the balcony to the suite.

Instead, I believe it was more a case of Princess designating the suite and it's adjacent balcony as a 'family suite' and charging an appropriate price, with the result that I more than suspect they did pay quite a bit more than simply the sum of the two, though it would have been impolite to ask.

And once the word gets out that you can just link a suite with the cabin next to it together and get suite perks - lookout - they will sell out the first day.

Only if folks are able to get the balcony without paying a premium for it being part of a suite.

We were on Island, last Christmas, and this family of five did not make it too busy, or put pressure on the staff. They occupied one of the large round tables by the window.

Personally, I am more worried about Sabatinis, on Island, getting too crowded, as a result of them increasing the number of suites from 16 to 31, at the May refit, rather than as a result of them making a couple of suites into 'family suites'.

As probable evidence that it is possible, particularly at Christmas, check the availability in the middle of D deck on Island for 20th December 2015. To date, hardly any balcony cabins have been sold, but two out of the four adjacent to the midship suites, have already been sold, as have the suites. One suite has not been sold and neither has the adjacent balcony,.

We also always book suites and, for what it is worth, D421, the suite which has been sold and does not have the adjacent balcony already sold is mine, and I am not at all concerned that, if it transpires that D422/502 and D423/501 have been sold as family suites, it will make Sabatini's breakfast less attractive for us.

AND this won't help the op - they have people in three cabins.

Other than to perhaps emphasise why it is not possible for everyone to have suite benefits unless you all pay premium prices .

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Having a balcony next to a suite does not make it a family suite.

The family suites are designated as such, exist on one deck of the Grand class ships, at the front of the ship, limited to two on that deck, and are connected internally. They are usually hard to sell because being at the front often makes it too windy to be on the balcony.

Often they are filled by Princess giving an upgrade to someone with two non-suite cabins so they can resell those two cabins and fill an unsold suite.

Personally, I am more worried about Sabatinis, on Island, getting too crowded, as a result of them increasing the number of suites from 16 to 31, at the May refit, rather than as a result of them making a couple of suites into 'family suites'.

If the Coral is any indication, only four or five tables were used for breakfast at Sabatini's on our cruise through the Panama Canal. If the extra suites fill it up, they'll have to add more staff. Doubt that people would be standing in line at the front. They could then open it for longer hours and have reservations.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Actually I am kind of happy that the teenagers and the mothers will have to have breakfast without us. It will be our quiet time...hopefully our 10 year old who is in the room with us will like to join his sisters ;).

I was more thinking about the check in and tenders. Not so much for my girls but more for my elderly mother in law. She may require some support. I am sure it will all work out.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Actually I am kind of happy that the teenagers and the mothers will have to have breakfast without us. It will be our quiet time...hopefully our 10 year old who is in the room with us will like to join his sisters ;).

I was more thinking about the check in and tenders. Not so much for my girls but more for my elderly mother in law. She may require some support. I am sure it will all work out.

We were just on the Golden with friends that were not Elite. We just waited in the general line with them and boarded together.

Only the listed occupants of the full suite can have breakfast in Sabatini's. As I understand this, they are adamant on this.

So if you want to have breakfast together, you can do so in the main dining room, the buffet or you can order full breakfast thru room service.

With the room service option, they have no way of knowing if you are feeding people who are not occupants of the suite.

This is very true. I have personally seen people try to debate this with the head waiter who is stationed at the front door.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

With Sabitini's, I had to give my name and show my room card on the first day. I generally ate breakfast alone. The first day that my husband joined me for breakfast, he had to give his name and show his card. There were several mornings that I was the only one in there for breakfast, but they seem to hold fast to their rules.

A typical Princess suite occupies space equivalent to two balcony cabins. The first two passengers pay full price and the third passenger pays about half of that price. Family suites occupy the space of two mini suites and there is one all the way forward on each side of Dolphin deck. On one side there is the equivalent of an inside cabin and on the other side is the equivalent of a mini suite with a bathroom with a tub. The sitting area of the mini suite is twice as large and stretches the width if the cabin with a door into the inside cabin portion, if that makes any sense. In the family suites the first four passengers pay full price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

I was wondering if anyone had any updated info on this topic! Our situation is a little odd in that we have an Owners Suite and the balcony next door booked for our upcoming cruise. In order to make it most cost efficient, the cabins are booked with one adult and one kid in each, though in reality we will have 2 adults in the suite and 2 kids next door. How will Princess view this in terms of perks? Will we all be allowed to dine in Sabatinis for breakfast, or just the adult and kid in the suite?

I was wondering if anyone had any updated info on this topic! Our situation is a little odd in that we have an Owners Suite and the balcony next door booked for our upcoming cruise. In order to make it most cost efficient, the cabins are booked with one adult and one kid in each, though in reality we will have 2 adults in the suite and 2 kids next door. How will Princess view this in terms of perks? Will we all be allowed to dine in Sabatinis for breakfast, or just the adult and kid in the suite?

Only the people that are registered in the suite will be allowed into Sabatinis for breakfast.

Only the people that are registered in the suite will be allowed into Sabatinis for breakfast.

Thanks for the info! We couldn't have booked any other way even if we had wanted since you can't book kids in room without adult!:mad:

Thanks for the info! We couldn't have booked any other way even if we had wanted since you can't book kids in room without adult!:mad:

How old are the kids?

Do you intend to end up having the kids in the balcony cabin and the adults in the full suite?

If so, once on board have the Purser's desk change the arrangement to have both adults in the suite. Your new cruise cards will shows that both adults are in a suite and thus can go to Sabatini's for breakfast. Kids will then have to eat breakfast elsewhere.

How old are the kids?

If so, once on board have the Purser's desk change the arrangement to have both adults in the suite. Your new cruise cards will shows that both adults are in a suite and thus can go to Sabatini's for breakfast. Kids will then have to eat breakfast elsewhere.

It is my understanding that they do not change the names of people in each cabin but they will issue another card that will allow you in the other cabin. The husband in the suite will keep his old card for the suite and get a blue card that will allow him into the other cabin. And the opposite for his wife.

Then you can have whoever you want in either cabin but there is an age limit for allowing kids to stay in a cabin by themselves.

It is my understanding that they do not change the names of people in each cabin but they will issue another card that will allow you in the other cabin. The husband in the suite will keep his old card for the suite and get a blue card that will allow him into the other cabin. And the opposite for his wife.

Then you can have whoever you want in either cabin but there is an age limit for allowing kids to stay in a cabin by themselves.

This is correct - they will not allow you to switch as there has to be at least one person over 18 booked in the room. I'm sure we will make do! Certainly not complaining but would be nice to be able to make use of the perks together since we could have spent less money and just all stayed in the suite rather than booking 2 cabins!

This is correct - they will not allow you to switch as there has to be at least one person over 18 booked in the room. I'm sure we will make do! Certainly not complaining but would be nice to be able to make use of the perks together since we could have spent less money and just all stayed in the suite rather than booking 2 cabins!

No. The rule as posted on the Princess web site is:

"For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian."

No. The rule as posted on the Princess web site is:

"For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian."

We have always been told that unless BOTH are over 16, there has to be at least one adult booked into the room. I assume that means someone over the age of 18! Whatever happens, we are going to ENJOY sailing in a suite!:D

You must show your suite card or black card for priority tenders. You will be embarrassed when you are told to go back and get a tender number because you trying to get a perk you didn't pay for or earn.

As for your elderly Mother in law who needs help, so do hundreds of other elderly people who shouldn't feel entitled to cut the line to the tenders. Age doesn't get you the perks that suite passengers have paid for. If you want them to have suite perks then just pay for suite.

Edited by cruzsnooze