Best hotel in FLL Under 500 a night?

elcid79

Geeze.

We usually spend a little more than a hundred dollars. Of course, we only drive down the night before.

This hotel has a great parking deal while you are on a cruise.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

2081 Griffin Road,

Dania Beach, Florida 33312 USA

Phone: 1-954-981-2700 Fax: 1-954-981-9125

Whats the best hotel in FLL under 500 a night? Including all taxes fees etc.

Thanks!

You could add another $500 to that $500 for a night hotel and get a week cruise Inside cabin. LOL

Geeze.

We usually spend a little more than a hundred dollars. Of course, we only drive down the night before.

2081 Griffin Road,

Have you priced it recently? Looks closer to $300/night on their website in February. Maybe depends on when you stay (off season less) and how far in advance you book.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

For a nice hotel, try the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach, W Fort Lauderdale or The Atlantic Hotel & Spa. They should be in the range of $450/nt. I have opted for the Hilton but the others look wonderful as well. ENJOY!

This are no Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons in Fort Lauderdale!

The nicest hotels in Fort Lauderdale are Lago Mar, Ritz Carlton, W, Hilton Beach, and Atlantic. All are by the beach and were built within approx the last 10 yrs, except Lago Mar is older. The Diplomat on Hollywood beach is also very nice, about 10 miles south of Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by royalcruz

We've always enjoyed the Marriott Harbor Beach. It has marvelous grounds and is one of the few hotels with its own beach area. And we have even watched our departing ship (after we have debarked of course) from the beach.

Have you priced it recently? Looks closer to $300/night on their website in February. Maybe depends on when you stay (off season less) and how far in advance you book.

We have stayed there three times, in December, January and March. Never paid more than about $125 per night.

Just did a random rate search for one night in late Jan, price

$179.00.

We've always enjoyed the Marriott Harbor Beach. It has marvelous grounds and is one of the few hotels with its own beach area. And we have even watched our departing ship (after we have debarked of course) from the beach.

This is my favorite too. I really love the pool area!

Sitting at the beach bar, post cruise and watching 'my ship' leave again is always bitter sweet.

PS This is usually over budget for us but I've snagged it with Marriott Reward points a couple of times.

Thanks for the input. Wound up using some points to book the Marriott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Choice.:D

If you ever need a recommendation of the best hotel under $50 a night I know a few that are to die for.:eek:

This is my favorite too. I really love the pool area!

Sitting at the beach bar, post cruise and watching 'my ship' leave again is always bitter sweet.

PS This is usually over budget for us but I've snagged it with Marriott Reward points a couple of times.

We also love this property. We stayed both pre and post cruise last month. Loved seeing our ship come in the morning of embarkation and again leaving the evening after disembarkation. Loved walking to the end of the beach to see the pier and ships and standing their as the ships sail right by us out of the channel.

We also don't usually pay the $$$ as it can be pretty expensive, but are lucky enough to use Marriott points. Also an FYI, as being Platinum with Marriott, they have had our room ready both times by 10am! A big plus!

Thanks for the input. Wound up using some points to book the Marriott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well snagged! It's often not available on points.

Likely if you had enough points, you'll also be able to get an upgraded room. Try to get a oceanfront or oceanside balcony facing south and you can get up early and watch your ship come in.

Edited by monicajay

The Marriott is a great choice and has EXCELLENT restaurants and bars though like many hotels food is price. Try the crab salsa and chips, huge lumps of crab, yum!

The Hilton, Ritz (also often available on Marriott points) and W are good choices.

As a very frequent traveler and platinum member we generally choose the Harbour Beach or Ritz, but there is no lounge at the Marriott (at any Marriott Rsort property in FL) and you have to book a club room at the Ritz for access. We've never not been able to get a room on points, though maybe availability varries by Marriott Rewards status. Sometimes we've found the better deal is to pay anyway.

You will get a discounted spa coupon and entrance to spa facilities in the afternoon and/or at a discount at the Marriott.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Whats the best hotel in FLL under 500 a night? Including all taxes fees etc.

Thanks!

define 'best' I mean hell we normally spend about $90 a night for any one night stay regardless if it is because we are in transit somewhere, booked hotel so he could drink more than one jack and coke at the office Christmas party or wanted to spend the weekend down at Riverwalk and avoid paying $30 for parking each day.

you CAN find good, clean, basic hotels for half that price.

I do not understand the mentality of spending $500 for something you are going to essentially spend your time asleep in. especially pre or post cruise when all you really need it for is a good shower, a comfy bed and maybe a nice filling breakfast.

Geeze.

2081 Griffin Road,

I'm with you and we don't drive to Florida! If I spent $500/night, I wouldn't sleep. I would have to be up all night enjoying the beautiful room and all the amenities.:D

define 'best' I mean hell we normally spend about $90 a night for any one night stay regardless if it is because we are in transit somewhere, booked hotel so he could drink more than one jack and coke at the office Christmas party or wanted to spend the weekend down at Riverwalk and avoid paying $30 for parking each day.

you CAN find good, clean, basic hotels for half that price.

I do not understand the mentality of spending $500 for something you are going to essentially spend your time asleep in. especially pre or post cruise when all you really need it for is a good shower, a comfy bed and maybe a nice filling breakfast.

He said $500 per night, not one night.

There are many amenities a hotel provides, not including a bed, a shower and maybe a nice filling breakfast, and there are lots of difference from the amenities in the room (towel, water, mini-bar, toiletries, hair dryer, etc etc), BED, view, location, pools, meal and bar service at the pool, room service, overall service, health club, excellent onsite dining, spa, check-in experience (standing in a small lobby vs sitting in a lounge with a cold towel and a drink), and I could go on and on. I've stayed at plenty of Fairfield Inn, and would for a drive through, but never for a destination on vacation. I can honestly say, no Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed in comes close to the cleanliness of a Ritz Carlton.

Just as some cruisers stay inside, some stay in balconies, and others book suites. It's great to have so many choices.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

He said $500 per night, not one night.

There are many amenities a hotel provides, not including a bed, a shower and maybe a nice filling breakfast, and there are lots of difference from the amenities in the room (towel, water, mini-bar, toiletries, hair dryer, etc etc), BED, view, location, pools, meal and bar service at the pool, room service, overall service, health club, excellent onsite dining, spa, check-in experience (standing in a small lobby vs sitting in a lounge with a cold towel and a drink), and I could go on and on. I've stayed at plenty of Fairfield Inn, and would for a drive through, but never for a destination on vacation. I can honestly say, no Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed in comes close to the cleanliness of a Ritz Carlton.

Just as some cruisers stay inside, some stay in balconies, and others book suites. It's great to have so many choices.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It is true that some people would spend $500 per night for a hotel, just like some drive $120,000 automobiles. While I can afford to spend $500 per night, I prefer to take two or three overseas trips or cruises a year. That does require some budget considerations.

This site is available for people research and express their opinions/relate experiences.

Fortunately, as Jenna points out, there are many choices for a broad range of budgets.