B2B cruising

Honolulu Blue

What kinds of B2Bs have you experienced? (select as many as apply)  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What kinds of B2Bs have you experienced? (select as many as apply)

• Same ship, same itinerary
    • Same ship, different itinerary
    • Different ship, same cruise line, same city, same day
    • Different cruise line, same city, same day
    • Nearby city, same day
    • Nearby city, one or more day between cruises (but no more than 7 days)
    • I've never been on a B2B :(

This is a meaningless poll about the kind of back-to-backs people have experienced. I'm a long way from doing one, mostly because I have to work and I can't get the time off I would need. So this would have to go on the "maybe, someday" list.

Anyway, if you have any B2B stories you'd like to share please do so.

Thank

We took a 31 day B@B on the Golden Princess. The first segment was Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. The second segment was Valparaiso to Los Angeles.

We found it cost more to fly home from Valparaiso than to stay on the ship for the second segment.

Also we did not have to fly home from LA

We have done dozens and dozens of back-to-back cruises.

In fact our first cruises were back-to-back.

We book them far enough in advance so that we get the same cabin for both segments.

HAL now has many back-to-back cruises that they call "Collector Cruises" and you save a little money this way. Also with booking a Collector's Cruise you only get 1 confirmation number and 1 set of ID cards for both cruises. But if your cruises are based out of a US port, you still have to go through immigration and a second lifeboat drill on turn around day or what is referred to as "In Transit" day.

We've done 2 B2Bs. One we were able to book the same room for both legs. The other we had to switch. While it's nice to stay in the same room, it really wasn't that much of a hassle switching rooms, so a B2B anyway you can get it is great.

Our last B2B we had also done a short cruise from the same port, different ship, with a 1 day gap (short cruise ended on Thursday, B2B started on Saturday), so it really felt like an overnight stay in port with a continuing cruise.

Conceptually, love B2B on same ship with different itinerary. A consideration based upon my experience last month: consider the type of passengers who will be on a shorter cruise. We did an 8+6. The 8 was great. The 6 day was a cheap cruise and the quality of passengers showed :mad:

Thanks everyone.

OP, there are many cruises which are a few days in length; perhaps you could look into a couple of 4 night cruises in which case you wouldn't need to take that much time off work. :)

Noted. I haven't found many 4-day cruises with itineraries I like, but I'll keep looking. Maybe something will pop up sometime.

Like KK above, we have done dozens of b-to-b's and some were same ship, same itinerary while others were same ship, different itinerary.

We only booked b-to-b's on same ship as the point was relaxation and didn't want to have to pack, go to another ship, wait to check in, unpack etc

We only booked b-to-bs in same cabin. Same reason. We didn't want to move. If same cabin was not available when we were trying to book, we picked a different date or different ship. We are picky what cabin and won't take just 'any'.

I LOVE b-to-b's. :)

A B2B is on my "bucket list". I'd like to do one out of San Juan so I can visit 10 Caribbean ports on one 14-night cruise.

We did that years ago. We sailed from San Juan on what was then the new ship, Ocean Princess, and we had 12 ports in 14 days. We had been to many in the past so didn't exhaust ourselves running all over the place in every port.

It was wonderful!!! :)

We've done two. First was a 33 dayb2b2b, keeping same cabin for all three segments, from Dover England up to Iceland and Faroes, down to Scotland and Ireland, returning to Dover, then transatlantic to Port Canaveral, then Western Caribbean. At the end we wished we'd also booked the next seven days to the Eastern Caribbean.

Our 2nd b2b was 26 days, keeping same cabin for both segments. First was transatlantic from Copenhagen to Miami, followed by Panama Canal to L.A.

We loved those long cruises, especially all the sea days. If we had the funds we would do more of them.

• 6 months later...
A B2B is on my "bucket list". I'd like to do one out of San Juan so I can visit 10 Caribbean ports on one 14-night cruise.

I am fulfilling one of your bucket list items. We are sailing out of San Juan on Jewel of the Seas. 2 7 day cruises visiting a total of 10 ports! Now to find out what happens on the day when the passengers change...

Have done two. First was a 6 day Western Caribbean then a 7 day NOLA to San Juan. On the Carnival Conquest. Second was two three day cruises on the Golden Princess. First half was a group cruise, second half with Mom and Sis.

Changed cabins for both of these B2Bs

We love b2b cruises. Mostly ours are different itineraries. Our last two were a b2b2b around South America. We went 49 days from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires to Santiago to San Francisco. The second was a b2b 48 days from Rome to Singapore to Sydney.

Both were wonderful

Also what is a b2b our next cruise is sole as two cruises or one. People keep saying are you doing the b2b I say no just the long cruise.

Even if booked as one cruise, if it could be booked as two or more it is usually called a b2b.

We have done a couple of B2B's and have one scheduled for Jan. 2016. This one is the first time however that we have to change rooms. We have always had the same cabin before so this will be a new experience. Funny thing is though that the rooms are right beside each other. We are waitlisted for the room we really want for the first week but figure we will have to move. We always do different ports.

tigercat

This is our DREAM B2B! I looked for 2016 but they had done away with a lot of the Curacao, Aruba routes so we decided to hold out until they bring those back!

But until then we have our first B2B in Feb 2016 on NCL Spirit and our second B2B on Harmony of the Seas in Feb 2017. Same room, different itineraries. Cannot wait!

Lauri