X introduces Luminae, for Suite guests

FIRELT5

Looks very promising. The only thing I saw that made me laugh was that the menu changed every day for 14 days....which is the same as the MDR and BLU (but not the other specialty restaurants.

The sample menu looks very good....and you get four meals (brunch). Plan on doubling up on your lipitor and visiting the gym every day if you eat all that every day :)

Having just changed all our AQ bookings onto S1s for the next couple of years, I hope we don't end up in the same situation as we have in Blu with unchanging repeating menus from cruise to cruise. We gave done 7 in a row in AQ over the past 2 years with another 2 over the next 7 weeks and are getting fed up with the repetitive Blu menu which is why the change to the S1s.

The build up was a daily changing menu dependant on the port but I suspect we will be fed up with the repetition after 6 in a row in suites after March. They seem to forget that we haven't all lost our sense of recall and remember what we had from one cruise to another. I guess we will need to start switching lines again to get food variety.

I suspect that we will all be amazed initially but after a few trips we will use our the free speciality if in an RS unless of course the menu does as advertised and gives different dishes in Europe and the Caribbean and elsewhere for that matter.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

The tables for 2 look very close together for what is being marketed as a high end restaurant. Hopefully in reality the table set up may vary but I doubt it. Menu looks interesting and looking forward to trying it. I notice the dress code is smart casual but no doubt some if us will still dress on formal nights.

Not that Celebrity is ever up-to-date with their website, but I checked and Blu still says it is available for suite guests based on availability. :( I for one certainly hope this changes now that the suite restaurant is coming. Guessing most would choose the new restaurant anyway, but on some cruises Blu is very difficult to get seated in due to the addition of suite guests, as it was not originally designed large enough to accommodate them. It is a rare occurrence that they would enforce the 'based on availability' part of it. This new restaurant looks wonderful - wish I could afford it but for those who can, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Not that Celebrity is ever up-to-date with their website, but I checked and Blu still says it is available for suite guests based on availability. :( I for one certainly hope this changes now that the suite restaurant is coming. Guessing most would choose the new restaurant anyway, but on some cruises Blu is very difficult to get seated in due to the addition of suite guests, as it was not originally designed large enough to accommodate them. It is a rare occurrence that they would enforce the 'based on availability' part of it. This new restaurant looks wonderful - wish I could afford it but for those who can, can't wait to hear how it goes.

The new Suite restaurant will not be available until April, so I would not expect the website to change for Blu just yet. Actually we love Blu, and when we stay in PH or Royal Suite we always chose to eat in Blu. We hope to be able to switch between Blu and the Suite restaurant on longer cruises. We have never had a problem with availability, as we usually eat very early.

I'm sure it will be an improvement over Blu and certainly the MDR.

But whether or not it can compete with food offered on similarly priced cruiselines like Oceania will be interesting.

If it's the same cooks, in the same kitchens...I don't get what will really be different in terms of the quality of the preparations and the ability to execute really good food.

As someone else posted, originally terms like locally sourced and seasonal were used. The new description sounds like a set 14 day menu that never changes, just like Blu and the MDR.

As always, the menu descriptions have a lot of flourish and are a little over the top. I see lemon confit in one of the descriptions. I remember asking a waiter in Blu about chicken confit in one of their dishes... He had no idea what " confit " was or meant.

Is Luminae = Blu2 ? I hope not, I've got five Celebrity cruises booked for 2016-17 in suites. I await the reviews!

The new Suite restaurant will not be available until April, so I would not expect the website to change for Blu just yet. Actually we love Blu, and when we stay in PH or Royal Suite we always chose to eat in Blu. We hope to be able to switch between Blu and the Suite restaurant on longer cruises. We have never had a problem with availability, as we usually eat very early.

There are a number of unexplained areas at the moment with suites. Is the speciality restaurant visit(s) still available for Sky and Celebrity Suites who don't get unlimited speciality restaurants.

We feel that it is important to have an out (like Blu) if the menu on he evening does not suit you and would be very disappointed to lose the ability to visit Blu.

Hi Gordoncruickshank,

There are a number of unexplained areas at the moment with suites. Is the speciality restaurant visit(s) still available for Sky and Celebrity Suites who don't get unlimited speciality restaurants.

We feel that it is important to have an out (like Blu) if the menu on he evening does not suit you and would be very disappointed to lose the ability to visit Blu.

According to the PDF document Celebrity released last year, the existing Suite benefits won't change. So I assume that Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites guests will still get some specialty restaurant visits as part of their room package.

"Are any of the current Suite benefits going away?

No. Guests will continue to enjoy the benefits they receive today in addition to these new benefits."

Here's a link: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

NZ1

This is our plan also. We love Blu and have sailed in AQ most of our cruises since 2010 but we will be in a suite on our next one and while the new restaurant looks wonderful if I eat all that rich food each day for 16 days I will have no clothes left to wear at the end. We plan to frequent Blu, space available, of course....

According to the press releases suite guests will indeed have access to Blu, and I think that will hold true at LEAST through the 2016 sailings since, as was our case, prior to the announcement of the new suite restaurant, we had booked this upcoming cruise with ourselves in a suite and sister & BIL in Aqua, we had the expectation of dining in Blu when booking. I am sure we aren't the only ones.

I also expect that whatever "overcrowding" there is/was in Blu will be completely eliminated with the opening of this new restaurant....most suite guests will eat there every night, or most nights, so I don't see a few coming to Blu as a problem....it certainly never was for the 12 nights we were on Equinox in 2012....

Anyone know how this will run?.....will suite pax be assigned to this venue?...or can they go either here or the MDR?....I thought we might want to eat with friends that might not be in a suite i assume it would not be a problem but does anyone know for sure?

Would it be possible to do a couple of nights in the MDR if we find that we want a bit of a change from the new suite dining room? If so, how would we go about organising this?

Anyone know how this will run?.....will suite pax be assigned to this venue?...or can they go either here or the MDR?....I thought we might want to eat with friends that might not be in a suite i assume it would not be a problem but does anyone know for sure?

Simply ask your butler. We've found any reasonable request is honored if at all possible.

The Suite class FAQ released last year says:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Will Suite Class guests be able to bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then

can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Suite Class exclusive restaurant on a

space-available basis by prior reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $20 for breakfast (served from 7am), $35

for brunch (served from 10am) and $50 for dinner (served from 6pm). These fees will be waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of

age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional

charge by visiting with the Matre’D on embarkation day. (RED BY ME)

ALSO

Will Suite Class guests be able to reserve a table in the Main restaurant- while also having the option to dine in the Suite Class

exclusive restaurant?

While Suite Class guests cannot reserve a table in the Main restaurant pre-cruise, they may inquire about availability with the Main

restaurant Maitre’D once onboard. While Suite Class guests will be given first priority for these type of requests, access to the Main

restaurant will be subject to availability.

Seems like it shouldn't be too big a deal on almost any cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna