CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Hello,

DH and I are on the May 28 cruise to Bermuda from Cape liberty. We are arriving to Newark on the 27 in the early morning. I'm looking for a hotel for that night close to Newark airport. We'd like to be able to drop off our luggage the morning we arrive and then head into NYC for the day. Ideally we'd like a hotel that had a shuttle to port (either complimentary or for a reasonable price).

Our budget is about $200.

Does anyone have any recommendations??

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Forums mobile app

Hello,

DH and I are on the May 28 cruise to Bermuda from Cape liberty. We are arriving to Newark on the 27 in the early morning. I'm looking for a hotel for that night close to Newark airport. We'd like to be able to drop off our luggage the morning we arrive and then head into NYC for the day. Ideally we'd like a hotel that had a shuttle to port (either complimentary or for a reasonable price).

Our budget is about $200.

Does anyone have any recommendations??

Thanks!!

What time us your return flight on 6/4? Are you flying home from EWR?

No truly complimentary port shuttles and limited hotels that offer any kind of port shuttle service. Airport hotels all offer free hotel shuttle. Port shuttle costs would be $35-$40/pp round trip on top of any hotel cost. Taxi/car service to port is running $55-70 each way.

Getting into NYC will take 1+ hours each way and cost $22-26/pp round trip.

The best deal out there is a sleep/cruise at the Ramada Plaza through trinityreservations.com (prepay but cancellable up to 1 day ahead) for a room and round trip port transportation for $175 tax included.

What time us your return flight on 6/4? Are you flying home from EWR?

No truly complimentary port shuttles and limited hotels that offer any kind of port shuttle service. Airport hotels all offer free hotel shuttle. Port shuttle costs would be $35-$40/pp round trip on top of any hotel cost. Taxi/car service to port is running $55-70 each way.

Getting into NYC will take 1+ hours each way and cost $22-26/pp round trip.

The best deal out there is a sleep/cruise at the Ramada Plaza through trinityreservations.com (prepay but cancellable up to 1 day ahead) for a room and round trip port transportation for $175 tax included.

Thanks for this!

Our flight on the 4th is at 1pm. I'm hoping to disembark early. We are flying back to Toronto, so we have to be there by 10am. Is the best way to get to Newark from port in a taxi?

Thanks for this!

Our flight on the 4th is at 1pm. I'm hoping to disembark early. We are flying back to Toronto, so we have to be there by 10am. Is the best way to get to Newark from port in a taxi?

If you book the Ramada through Trinity they will drop you at the P4 Airtrain station for the free ride to your terminal. Otherwise you can take a shared shuttle for $20/pp or a taxi for $55-70. Private car service is also an option.

My wife and I just booked the 7/26/18 (Thursday) Anthem of the Seas sailing out of Cape Liberty. Sure, we have plenty of time before the cruise, but we like to plan ahead. We live in Western Mass (Springfield area) and are trying to decide if there is an easy way to get to the port that day without driving our car. It seems Academy Bus no longer is an option. Amtrak seems to have some construction issues (at least in 2017). Would we be safer to go the day before and either stay at a hotel in NJ or NYC (seems like the best option here is to reserve a car service)? Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

At the port waiting to board Anthem. We used Uber and it was $18.70 from Robert Treat BW to the port. Took about 30 minutes. They were only letting 8-10 cars unload at a time. I think due to the Coast Guard drill and the ship not letting people on yet. So controlling the traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a owerwhelming amount of information here, looking for advice.

We (2 of us) sailing on Anthem of seas 6/22/17. We are staying near times square for a couple days prior to sailing for some sightseeing.

2 questions:

-Recommended method to get from times square area to Cape Liberty Port?

-Return flight is from LGA on 6/26 @ 3pm...what options are there to get from port back to airport?

We are good with public transportation/uber/cab/dial7/busses...travel pretty light so managing baggage on public transportation should be doable.

Thanks

Justin

There is a owerwhelming amount of information here, looking for advice.

We (2 of us) sailing on Anthem of seas 6/22/17. We are staying near times square for a couple days prior to sailing for some sightseeing.

2 questions:

-Recommended method to get from times square area to Cape Liberty Port?

-Return flight is from LGA on 6/26 @ 3pm...what options are there to get from port back to airport?

We are good with public transportation/uber/cab/dial7/busses...travel pretty light so managing baggage on public transportation should be doable.

Thanks

Justin

Where exactly are you staying "near Times Square". The most recommended method is to book a car service to go from NY to NJ. No NYC taxis because of the interstate fare rules. Car Service will run $85-100+. Public transit + cab will be $22-25+ depending on where your hotel is located.

Getting back to LGA is more expensive and more problematic due to construction issues. However you have lots of time. Expect to pay $120-140+ for a car service from Cape Liberty when you include tolls and tip. If you take public transit to midtown Manhattan and grab a cab, cost would be $65+. However with the LGA construction you want to book a fixed price ride.

Is RCL offering a LGA transfer for your cruise? Post back with your thoughts and we'll go from there with more details.

At the port waiting to board Anthem. We used Uber and it was $18.70 from Robert Treat BW to the port. Took about 30 minutes. They were only letting 8-10 cars unload at a time. I think due to the Coast Guard drill and the ship not letting people on yet. So controlling the traffic.

Wow! That's an incredible Uber price! What time did you leave the Robert Treat?

Thanks for reporting back.

Where exactly are you staying "near Times Square". The most recommended method is to book a car service to go from NY to NJ. No NYC taxis because of the interstate fare rules. Car Service will run $85-100+. Public transit + cab will be $22-25+ depending on where your hotel is located.

Getting back to LGA is more expensive and more problematic due to construction issues. However you have lots of time. Expect to pay $120-140+ for a car service from Cape Liberty when you include tolls and tip. If you take public transit to midtown Manhattan and grab a cab, cost would be $65+. However with the LGA construction you want to book a fixed price ride.

Is RCL offering a LGA transfer for your cruise? Post back with your thoughts and we'll go from there with more details.

We are going the airbnb route (260 West 52nd Street). Location is right by Subways C & E. No RCI is not offering a LGA transfer (hence the reason I am trying to figure out our best transportation options). I thought I saw a post where there was bus service you could arrange with the port liberty dispatcher back to LGA...we have plenty of time to get back to airport.

We are going the airbnb route (260 West 52nd Street). Location is right by Subways C & E. No RCI is not offering a LGA transfer (hence the reason I am trying to figure out our best transportation options). I thought I saw a post where there was bus service you could arrange with the port liberty dispatcher back to LGA...we have plenty of time to get back to airport.

To get to Cape Liberty:

1). Take a cab to 6th Ave corner of 32nd or 33rd St. Accessible PATH entrance is on west side of 6th Ave between 32nd and 33rd. Or walk to 7th Ave & 53rd St to catch southbound B or D train to 34th St. This is not an accessible station. There is an underground concourse to walk to PATH. Buy a ticket from the machine ($2.75) and take PATH to Hoboken where you transfer on the street level to the Hudson-Bergen light rail to 34th St. Buy a ticket from the machine for $2.25 and validate it before you get on the light rail. In Bayonne call Uber or one if these cab companies:

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

2). Cape Liberty to LGA

Before you check in at Cape Liberty, try to find the taxi dispatcher to discuss your options for getting to LGA when you disembark.

Look at the NY airporter bus - https://www.nycairporter.com/ourservices/lga-to-manhattan/

They have a pickup on 33rd St between 6th and 7th near Penn Station. At Cape Liberty you can get a shared ride from the taxi dispatcher to the light rail station, go back to Hoboken, and take PATH to 33rd St. It's a short walk to the LGA bus -

• Penn Station (West 33rd Street between 6th and 7th Avenues next to Sbarro’s Pizza)

My wife and I just booked the 7/26/18 (Thursday) Anthem of the Seas sailing out of Cape Liberty. Sure, we have plenty of time before the cruise, but we like to plan ahead. We live in Western Mass (Springfield area) and are trying to decide if there is an easy way to get to the port that day without driving our car. It seems Academy Bus no longer is an option. Amtrak seems to have some construction issues (at least in 2017). Would we be safer to go the day before and either stay at a hotel in NJ or NYC (seems like the best option here is to reserve a car service)? Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Oops! Almost missed this. Go the day before on Amtrak. Do not go down the morning of the cruise. Book the "fly and Cruise" package from Trinityreservations.com (prepay but cancellable up until the day before at noon) for $195 tax included which includes a room and roundtrip port transportation.

Wow! That's an incredible Uber price! What time did you leave the Robert Treat?

Thanks for reporting back.

10:40 per my app. We went a little later than we normally would due to the Coast Guard inspection email. Boarding began right at 12 so we didn't have to "hang out" long in the terminal.

We were thrilled with the Uber. Hoping it's as good come Thursday back to the airport!

10:40 per my app. We went a little later than we normally would due to the Coast Guard inspection email. Boarding began right at 12 so we didn't have to "hang out" long in the terminal.

We were thrilled with the Uber. Hoping it's as good come Thursday back to the airport!

Thanks for posting your experience. Let us know your return experience.

Question. If Liberty Landing ferries for some reason are not functioning, what is my alternative to get back 'home' from NYC? I subscribe to their notifications email. Won't do me much good end of June as I won't be using my data [emoji851].

Thank you for your time, Susan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Question. If Liberty Landing ferries for some reason are not functioning, what is my alternative to get back 'home' from NYC? I subscribe to their notifications email. Won't do me much good end of June as I won't be using my data [emoji851].

Thank you for your time, Susan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You would take PATH at World Trade one stop to Exchange Place and take a cab or Uber to Liberty State Park (should be under $20). You should be able to get a cab at the Hyatt at Exchange Place.

Hello, we are a family of four adults (4 cases and 4 hand luggage) from the UK staying at Hilton Times Square on 6/4/17 then going on in Cape liberty to board Anthem on 6/8/17 can anyone recommend a transfer company with approx price as it is not included in our package

Sent from my E5803 using Forums mobile app

Hello, we are a family of four adults (4 cases and 4 hand luggage) from the UK staying at Hilton Times Square on 6/4/17 then going on in Cape liberty to board Anthem on 6/8/17 can anyone recommend a transfer company with approx price as it is not included in our package

Sent from my E5803 using Forums mobile app

We recommend Dial7 and Carmellimo. You can get a quote online. Look for coupons.

Oops! Almost missed this. Go the day before on Amtrak. Do not go down the morning of the cruise. Book the "fly and Cruise" package from Trinityreservations.com (prepay but cancellable up until the day before at noon) for $195 tax included which includes a room and roundtrip port transportation.

Thanks for the reply. By booking with Trinity and staying at the Ramada, where do you suggest we take Amtrak into (Newark or NYC)? Will we need a cab/uber once we get off the train? By going down the day before, we're thinking of maybe staying in NYC (Times Square area, like Crowne Plaza). If we do that would you suggest a car service? Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply. By booking with Trinity and staying at the Ramada, where do you suggest we take Amtrak into (Newark or NYC)? Will we need a cab/uber once we get off the train? By going down the day before, we're thinking of maybe staying in NYC (Times Square area, like Crowne Plaza). If we do that would you suggest a car service? Thanks again!

These are two different kinds of trips. If you're just going down by train, you go to Newark Airport Station and take the Airtrain to the P4 station where you can pick up the Ramada Plaza free hotel shuttle. When you get to Ramada Plaza, you sign up for the port shuttle the next day. There isn't really anything to do at the hotel or nearby. Bus 40 will take you over to Jersey gardens if you have time to kill. Coming back the shuttle will bring you back to the hotel and then on to the P4 station for the train.

If you decide on a night in NYC, you take the train to New York Penn Station and a cab to your hotel. To get to Cape Liberty you book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo - probably in the $100+ range with tolls and tip. Quotes can be gotten online and there are coupons. If you can manage your luggage on accessible public transit, you can take PATH from Herald Square (6th Ave west side between 32nd & 33rd for accessible entrance) to Hoboken and the light rail to 34th St Bayonne where you call Uber or a cab to go into the port. This would cost $20-25 for 2 - a bit less if you're seniors.

If NYC hotels are too pricey, consider staying in downtown Newark at the Robert Treat (free breakfast, free wifi). They have a free hotel shuttle to Newark Penn Station where you can get the train into NY for $5.25/pp. Uber or cab to and from the port. This will eliminate an expensive NYC hotel and car service trip to Cape Liberty. As mentioned above accessible public transit is also available between Newark Penn Station and Cape Liberty via PATH and light rail.

I have stayed at both hotels and have done all the accessible trips on PATH and the light rail with cruise luggage. Trains are empty and I've always gotten a seat.

These are two different kinds of trips. If you're just going down by train, you go to Newark Airport Station and take the Airtrain to the P4 station where you can pick up the Ramada Plaza free hotel shuttle. When you get to Ramada Plaza, you sign up for the port shuttle the next day. There isn't really anything to do at the hotel or nearby. Bus 40 will take you over to Jersey gardens if you have time to kill. Coming back the shuttle will bring you back to the hotel and then on to the P4 station for the train.

If you decide on a night in NYC, you take the train to New York Penn Station and a cab to your hotel. To get to Cape Liberty you book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo - probably in the $100+ range with tolls and tip. Quotes can be gotten online and there are coupons. If you can manage your luggage on accessible public transit, you can take PATH from Herald Square (6th Ave west side between 32nd & 33rd for accessible entrance) to Hoboken and the light rail to 34th St Bayonne where you call Uber or a cab to go into the port. This would cost $20-25 for 2 - a bit less if you're seniors.

If NYC hotels are too pricey, consider staying in downtown Newark at the Robert Treat (free breakfast, free wifi). They have a free hotel shuttle to Newark Penn Station where you can get the train into NY for $5.25/pp. Uber or cab to and from the port. This will eliminate an expensive NYC hotel and car service trip to Cape Liberty. As mentioned above accessible public transit is also available between Newark Penn Station and Cape Liberty via PATH and light rail.

I have stayed at both hotels and have done all the accessible trips on PATH and the light rail with cruise luggage. Trains are empty and I've always gotten a seat.

Amazing information with excellent detail. Thanks so much! I will look into all options, but on initial review I like the Robert Treat idea. Thanks again!

Another uber update. Did self disembark off Anthem this am (Thursday am). Uber picked us up at 7:51 (prob a 15 minute wait for him to get to the port) and dropped us at 8:13 at Newark, Terminal C. $26.66.

We had only 2 people and one bag each (plus backpack) and it was a Chevrolet Suburban. We just requested regular uber

Was highly impressed with entire uber experience in NJ. I jumped on Amtrak at 10 and my DH has a flight at 12:30.

Another uber update. Did self disembark off Anthem this am (Thursday am). Uber picked us up at 7:51 (prob a 15 minute wait for him to get to the port) and dropped us at 8:13 at Newark, Terminal C. $26.66.

We had only 2 people and one bag each (plus backpack) and it was a Chevrolet Suburban. We just requested regular uber

Was highly impressed with entire uber experience in NJ. I jumped on Amtrak at 10 and my DH has a flight at 12:30.

Great news! Glad you had such a good experience. That was great time to EWR during a morning rush hour.