CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

You're welcome Kathy. How did the Robert Treat work out for you? I enjoyed my stay there, but that doesn't mean it's a fit for everyone. I thought it was a very good value for the money and was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable bed. The free breakfast, free wifi, and free shuttle were nice perks.

You're welcome Kathy. How did the Robert Treat work out for you? I enjoyed my stay there, but that doesn't mean it's a fit for everyone. I thought it was a very good value for the money and was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable bed. The free breakfast, free wifi, and free shuttle were nice perks.

We really liked it to! The roof top deck was our favorite spot! We could see the NYC skyline, which was a nice surprise!

We stayed at the country inn and suites and loved it. Breakfast was filling and the shuttle was fabulous. ..we walked to ihop for dinner that night very safe and quick walk. ..2 min. Oh and the country inn had fresh cookies at the check in counter...grabbed 1 at check-in and 1 on the way back from dinner. Staff was very nice and helpful. Would highly recommend

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Thank you for posting this. We're staying there next month and I wondered how far The Mills was and whether it's walkable. It looks like IHOP is in the mall so this probably answers my question. Do you have to schedule the shuttle ahead of time or just show up in the morning? Do they transport a lot of passengers at once or do they have multiple vehicles?

IHOP is basically next door behind Country Inns. We were able to walk there through the back parking lot of the hotel. It's more of a walk to the mall across Kapkowski Road and the mall parking lot to the actual mall. Supposedly the hotel shuttle will drop you off at the mall, but I don't know if it would pick up on the return.

IHOP shares the parking lot with country inn. The Mills is about 1/4 mile, across the parking lot. The shuttle runs at 10:00 and 11:00, the early shuttle works out perfect the port is not that busy. On the way back the first shuttle leaves the port at about 8:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes what they said about ihop. We didn't do the mall as it was a bit of a walk it was dark and they didn't have cases of water so we had no need to go. When we checked in they asked if we wanted the shuttle but i was prepared to tell them. When we were there they only had the 10am shuttle as not that many cruise passengers were there. There was 4 couples from our hotel then it circled over to the other hotel and picked up 3 couples there and we were off. We told them we wanted the r/t one..we got off with the first group where the ship removed our bags for us...shuttle was waiting and was half full when it left. ..took us to airport 1st then others stayed on to go back to hotel. They said they have the list of all who paid and they keep running the 3 shuttles til they get everyone. I think the shuttles were blue, red and a black one. Our driver was a riot, very friendly. ..when we go back we plan to do this exact thing again. Very easy and reliable. Charged the shuttle fee to the room as well. Oh and the reason our shuttle left half full was because he got the call from the other shuttle that he was on his way so that 1 left so he had a spot. ..[emoji2]

Carol, we looked at reviews for the Ramada Plaza and they are pretty mixed. A lot of people complain the rooms are dirty which is a bit of a turn off. We may instead go for the Country Inn and Suites which is next door to the Embassy Suites. I read that they offer cruise port transportation for $35 a couple and have a free airport shuttle. They also have breakfast. It would wind up being about $70 more than the Ramada Plaza package but may be worth it for the peace of mind.

Anybody have experience with either of these properties that care to comment?

At ramada, The room we had was spotless. Linens fresh and clean, hotel was very nice. Lobby and restaurant was nice as well. The shuttle had us at port by 9:30 am we were on ship exploring by 10:30. Today we called when we were at customs and 20 -30 min driver was there. Parking area was fenced in and monitored. I'd stay again without hesitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all of the Country Inn information. We'll be checking in on a Saturday so we may forget about the mall and go to IHOP for dinner.

Very welcome. Oh also note IHOP also sold idividual bottles of water at the register...I think they were $1 each. We got a couple to get us through the night and for on the way to the port. The free breakfast at the hotel has a variety of juices, milk and coffee. .think tea 2. Make your own waffles and some very yummy mini muffins and scrambled eggs and bacon. .cereal and I think danishes as well. If they run out just let the staff know she quickly restocked it. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Good evening everyone. Just a quick question. We will be staying at the Ramada Plaza (June 25 & 26) and wondering what our travel time and tolls by car will be from the hotel to Liberty Park for the Monday morning?

Have a great evening everyone,

Sue >M<

Good evening everyone. Just a quick question. We will be staying at the Ramada Plaza (June 25 & 26) and wondering what our travel time and tolls by car will be from the hotel to Liberty Park for the Monday morning?

Have a great evening everyone,

Sue >M<

Tolls are $2.15 each way. Travel time will vary depending on what time you leave. I'm assuming you are looking at SOL ferry times. What are your choices? Are you prebuying special access tickets or are you just going out to the SOL and/or Ellis Island?

Looking for some advice on transportation options. We are cruising out cape liberty on Anthem in June. Day before the cruise is planned for Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and 9/11 Museum. Transportation planned as well thanks to some earlier awesome help from this forum :)

We want to add a day prior and see Ripley's in Times Square and the Intrepid Museum. We are staying at Springhill Suites by Marriott in Newark. Ideas on how best to do transportation to Ripley's and Intrepid?

Tolls are $2.15 each way. Travel time will vary depending on what time you leave. I'm assuming you are looking at SOL ferry times. What are your choices? Are you prebuying special access tickets or are you just going out to the SOL and/or Ellis Island?

Good afternoon Carol. Sorry about leaving out the important information. We have 9 am tickets for climbing to the crown. From there we will visit Ellis Island and then continue on to NYC. Will check things around Battery Park, Wall Street (want to see the girl facing down the bull) and 9 11 memorial. Hubby mentioned that there a few food trucks in the area and may grab a bite to eat from one. Would anyone have other dining recommendations? When do you suggest we start heading back to the ferry that will bring us back to NJ and our car? or, how late can stay in the city before we have to scramble for the ferry back?

Thank you for your assistance,

Sue >M<

Good afternoon Carol. Sorry about leaving out the important information. We have 9 am tickets for climbing to the crown. From there we will visit Ellis Island and then continue on to NYC. Will check things around Battery Park, Wall Street (want to see the girl facing down the bull) and 9 11 memorial. Hubby mentioned that there a few food trucks in the area and may grab a bite to eat from one. Would anyone have other dining recommendations? When do you suggest we start heading back to the ferry that will bring us back to NJ and our car? or, how late can stay in the city before we have to scramble for the ferry back?

Sue >M<

Ok - so it looks like you're doing this on a Monday morning? My understanding is that you have to be at Liberty State Park by 8:30 for a 9 am ferry, so I would be leaving the Ramada no later than 7:30 to give yourself enough time to allow for unexpected traffic. It's not that far, but it certainly can feel far in bumper to bumper traffic.

Here's the ferry website: http://www.libertylandingferry.com/ Last ferry is at 8:45 pm.

Sue >M<

Battery Park has some reasonable food options in the park. There is a bier garden and a few others where you can take your light meal to a table or bench and enjoy. Food trucks are fine but I personally like to have a place to sit when I eat

Looking for some advice on transportation options. We are cruising out cape liberty on Anthem in June. Day before the cruise is planned for Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and 9/11 Museum. Transportation planned as well thanks to some earlier awesome help from this forum :)

We want to add a day prior and see Ripley's in Times Square and the Intrepid Museum. We are staying at Springhill Suites by Marriott in Newark. Ideas on how best to do transportation to Ripley's and Intrepid?

Sorry I missed this question.

What exact date would you be doing this? What is your "transportation" - car or public transit? How many people are you (any children under 12?)

Arriving Bayonne N.J. cruise port Monday Oct. 23/17 on Vision of the Seas. Ship due to arrive 7:00 A.M.

What is the earliest I should tell car service to meet us? We will do self disembark. Need to be at EWR by 10:15 A.M. for flight to Canada @ 12:20 P.M.

Thanks Heather.

Sorry I missed this question.

What exact date would you be doing this? What is your "transportation" - car or public transit? How many people are you (any children under 12?)

June 20. There are three of us- one is 12 yrs old. We have a car- but are open to whatever transportation is most convenient from our hotel to and from Ripley's and Intrepid.

I just booked a cruise on the RC Anthem 2 days ago which departs on April 17th from Bayonne. :o Please forgive my not having time to read the hundreds of posts to this thread, but I hope someone can help me.

I will be staying in an airport area hotel in Newark, and need to know the cheapest, reliable options for transportation to the Bayonne cruise terminal. I am traveling solo.

Thanks so much in advance for all suggestions!

Peggy

Arriving Bayonne N.J. cruise port Monday Oct. 23/17 on Vision of the Seas. Ship due to arrive 7:00 A.M.

What is the earliest I should tell car service to meet us? We will do self disembark. Need to be at EWR by 10:15 A.M. for flight to Canada @ 12:20 P.M.

Thanks Heather.

I would book a car no later than 9:15 to give yourselves ample time to be at EWR by 10:15. Self disembarkation is key - you eliminate the scavenger hunt for luggage. I would be walking off the ship no later than 8:15 just in case customs and immigration are slow. I'm assuming you have Canadian passports, which puts you in the non-US passport line.

There is an indoor waiting room outside customs at Caoe Liberty.