Do Cruise Ships have Rats & Mice?

kalypso333

I once had a room steward (woman) tell of switching from a different line to Celebrity as the other had a bad rat problem. I imagine every ship has some - they don't need to go up the gang plank or ropes - they just hitch a ride in a container of supplies. :o

They have them on Disney. In fact they worship them by placing them throughout the ship. They even give them names.

I've only seen Celebrities,like Regis Philban, Shirley Jones, Richard Roundtree and Frank Shorter on Celebrity.

they have them on disney. In fact they worship them by placing them throughout the ship. They even give them names.

I've only seen celebrities,like regis philban, shirley jones, richard roundtree and frank shorter on celebrity.

:) +1

If you will notice, they put up rat guards on all the lines when they dock alongside the pier.

Wine-O isn't trying to be funny!

They really do put Rat Guards on the mooring lines.

That's what those big silver disk you see on them are.

We saw some funny ones once -- had big cats painted on them. :D

LuLu

While I have never seen a rat on a cruise ship (not talking about the two legged kind), I did find a rat "dropping" on the floor of my cabin last year. I picked it up in a paper towel and took it to the front desk. Soon after, maintenance was checking all the air vents in my room.

They have them on Disney. In fact they worship them by placing them throughout the ship. They even give them names.

Yes. I am one is totally icked out by the anthropomorphization of rodents.

I suppose the Creator had her reasons, the dissemination of seeds, perhaps.

OP, there's no need to wonder. Where there be humans, there be rats.

Ew.

Along with the rats and mice there are cockroaches, lice, bed bugs, flies, birds, up dust mites, centipedes, spiders, fleas, and probably a whole lot of things that we may never see. Same as many houses, apartments, restaurants and etc.

A friend of mine bought same bird seed to feed the birds in the winter time, he stored the seed in his basement and discovered mice inside. He couldn't find any holes in the outside of the bag. I am sure that many critters get on board the same way.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We've been on over 200 cruises and have never seen a rat or mouse of the rodent variety, nor their droppings.

We have seen many types of animals and fish of the human variety on board however, even a dinosaur or two.

I've seen a few rats putting towels down on pool chairs around 7:30am , but they then leave & don't reappear until the afternoon.

Edited by dabear

I've seen a few rats putting towels down on pool chairs around 7:30am , but they then leave & don't reappear until the afternoon.

Now that is really funny!!!!!

Edited by JTSpitfire
duplicate post

Yes. I am one is totally icked out by the anthropomorphization of rodents.

I suppose the Creator had her reasons, the dissemination of seeds, perhaps.

OP, there's no need to wonder. Where there be humans, there be rats.

Ew.

Well, it's not unreasonable to assume that =X= has rats aboard. After all, they had their own TV series several years ago - The Rat Patrol and we sometimes refer to the furniture as being a little ratty.

I have heard that Celebrity ships have a whole series of tiny little cabins just for them down somewhere on Deck 1. And that they booked under the 1-2-3 NO!!!!! package.

Everybody have a great day out there!!!!!

:D:D:D

Never seen one, never seen any sign.

But I have to believe, as persistent and determined as they are, that there are few places they DON'T get. We've even seen one at Disney world and NOT Mickey.

The ships are very clean, far better than most hotels or restaurants I've visited.

Do Cruise Ships have Rats & Mice? Just wondering this morning.

I don't think that any of the major cruise lines or their ships have rodents onboard. They wouldn't achieve such high scores on their CDC inspections if there was even a hint of rodent activity.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionResults.aspx