Aft cabin afficiando's speak up

hospsafe

We booked an aft cabin, Riviera Deck, on the Regal for next year. For you aft cabin afficianado's how do they compare to other aft cabins you have stayed in regardless of cruise line?

Edited by hospsafe

We booked a cruise in cabin C752 on Grand. It's an aft-facing balcony on the port side corner of the ship. We absolutely LOVED the cabin and location. We wouldn't hesitate to book that location again.

I don't like bringing this up, but has the soot problem been resolved on the Royal/Regal? We had to change rooms (true aft) when on the Royal.:eek:

Off Regal last week on Dolphin. We saw evidence of soot with spots on the upholstery, etc. We had no issues. A couple of times I wore just my white socks on the open deck and found no soot on them. A real non-issue for us.

After reading the responses here, the reviews on CC and on the other Regal thread, I am really glad DW booked the aft cabin. I am not worried about the possible soot, especially on such a port intensive itinerary. I would be worried if the soot rained down 24/7 like when Mt Helen's erupted in the late 70's. The elevator issue doesn't bother me cause even now when staying at a hotel for business i take the stairs. The more I have to walk the more I can eat.:)

Now that I think about it, are there any aft cabins on any ship that sleep 4?

I don't think so. Think its 2 or 3.

We like Princess but last October did the Panama canal transit on Celebrity Millennium and had what they called a family cabin - aft at the corner. We did not like this ship but loved the cabin. There were 3 of us in it and it could have handled 4. It had a divider between the rooms. The balcony was amazing esp. going thru the canal. I would go back on that ship just for the cabin. We had only booked mini suites prior to this and now we only want the aft balcony cabins...the wake is simply mesmerizing . Just booked the Ruby for our 3rd trip to Alaska and got the last aft cabin on that date.

eclue:rolleyes:

We were in R734 on the Regal in November - balcony is huge, views are great, but be aware of if not already mentioned - the Riveria deck balconies are completely uncovered, and there is some vibration when docking. All in all we enjoyed the location and spent most evenings watching the stars and the wake. Have a great cruise!

We were in R734 on the Regal in November - balcony is huge, views are great, but be aware of if not already mentioned - the Riveria deck balconies are completely uncovered, and there is some vibration when docking. All in all we enjoyed the location and spent most evenings watching the stars and the wake. Have a great cruise!

Cruiseintoheaven, did you have any issues with vibration in your aft balcony cabin on the Regal? Just curious because that's one issue I'm still conflicted about. I loved my corner aft balcony cabin on the Caribe deck of the Caribbean Princess, but I found the vibration, particularly of the bed while sleeping, a little unsettling. Thanks.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Cruiseintoheaven, did you have any issues with vibration in your aft balcony cabin on the Regal? Just curious because that's one issue I'm still conflicted about. I loved my corner aft balcony cabin on the Caribe deck of the Caribbean Princess, but I found the vibration, particularly of the bed while sleeping, a little unsettling. Thanks.

There was definitely vibration, but it didn't bother us personally. We aren't prone to sea sickness, etc and actually like the sensation that we are at sea. I know we had no trouble sleeping, we slept great and often slept in as well :D

So hard to give you an answer as the YMMV rule applies.....

Just think, you used to have to spent a quarter to get the vibrating bed years ago.

Regarding the possible vibration issue, my thoughts are that since it is a some-what port intensive itinerary, (12 hours for Berlin) that most people, ie us will not have a problem sleeping. The fact that i know i am sleeping on a boat and not another hotel room which i do 35 weeks a year, will bring me even more comfort.

Regarding the possible vibration issue, my thoughts are that since it is a some-what port intensive itinerary, (12 hours for Berlin) that most people, ie us will not have a problem sleeping. The fact that i know i am sleeping on a boat and not another hotel room which i do 35 weeks a year, will bring me even more comfort.

Very understandable. Since the Regal Pincess is a larger ship, there may not be as much of a vibration, though.

Edited by Mackenzie1

We only cruise in Aft cabins. Not only do I like the ride there but I do enjoy the vibration. It cost me $2500 to get a adjustable bet with massage at home:cool: I also think it's a lot quieter in regards to traffic and of course the extra walk is good to work off those meals! Oh of course then there's the views:D

Edited by Kineticoh20

We only cruise in Aft cabins. Not only do I like the ride there but I do enjoy the vibration. It cost me $2500 to get a adjustable bet with massage at home:cool: I also think it's a lot quieter in regards to traffic and of course the extra walk is good to work off those meals! Oh of course then there's the views:D

Have you ever had an aft balcony cabin on the Emerald or Dolphin decks on the Royal/Regal? I was curious if there would be some noise from the Vista Lounge, like what sometimes occurs above Club Fusion on the Princess Grand class ships.

Edited by Mackenzie1