Serenade of the Seas - SHIP OF ‘NO’

Yes, I did get the mussels, but it came with a bit of attitude instead of a smile. Yes, they directed me to another egg line, but again, they were a bit rude about it. "We're closed, go to the other line" and through a rope up in front of where I was standing. How about "I'm sorry Sir, This line is closing, would you mind going to the other line" They can have a schedule for the rock wall climbing, but there was only 1 adult waiting to climb. The activities guy just wanted to close up early as they always did if no one was around. ON NCL, they had Eggs Benedict at the eggs omelet line, so yes I did expect it. I can understand that they could only have it in the main dining room, but the other crew member told me they did have it and he was standing 5 feet from the guy cooking the eggs.

My 2 main complaints are poor customer service (not happy employees), Not much selection of food later at night.

I'm booked on Serenade for next March and looking forward to it. I had to laugh at the availability of Eggs Benedict in the buffet. Princess is my favorite line and they serve Eggs Benedict in the Horizon Court, but they consistently have to be the worst I have ever had, so just because they are served doesn't mean they are worth eating.

Edited by mek

Hi Cruisers: We are on The Serenade on Nov. 13th, doing the 10 day after she returns. We just got off the Brilliance the end of April and have also sailed that class on the Jewel. We like the mega ships but found this class to be very nice and the decor on the Brilliance to be like the old class of ship sailings. Wood type moldings in cabin. alot of dark wood, trawler lights, etc. in windjammer. We would not hesitate to sail the Radiance class again. Bob &Nancy, The Villages , Florida

I just signed up for that cruise on the 13th yesterday. Before doing so, I read some of this thread and was thinking maybe I didn't want to go. Like you, I have many great memories on Radiance class ships and the ports are great. I think it will be fine experience for all.

Edited by SelectSys

Oh dear, from the whole review, this is what stood out for me.

Eating five desserts per "night", just how big is this woman ?

Did she have additional desserts for Lunch ?, Danish for Breakfast ? Afternoon Tea ?

Goodness, what a statement to make about one of your friends. She ate five desserts a night, that's a minimum of 35 a week excluding other meals !!

oh please .. the "desserts" on RC are these little postage-stamp sized squares of jiggle and phony mousse concoctions .. practically one spoonful each .. my only questions is WHY would anyone want 5 of these nasty RC desserts to begin with ??

We have cruised mostly Radiance Class ships and soon the Serenade in October, and judge each cruise individually because they have their own crew, cooks. All in all we have experienced wonderful well mannered crew eager to help. There have been a couple times where we felt service was extremely slow but politely spoke to our waiter and he /she made sure our food was delivered sooner. Nothing that we became angry over. We try and roll with the punches so to speak. Hoping your next experience on a RCCL ship if you book another, will give you a more enjoyable experience.

I'm booked on Serenade for next March and looking forward to it. I had to laugh at the availability of Eggs Benedict in the buffet. Princess is my favorite line and they serve Eggs Benedict in the Horizon Court, but they consistently have to be the worst I have ever had, so just because they are served doesn't mean they are worth eating.

Just off the Radiance (one of Serenade's sisters) and they DID have eggs benedict on the buffet - you just had to put the elements together yourself. Not a big deal IMHO.

We booked two cabins for 11 days in JAN. 2016.

Had me thinking do I want this ship....

But yet I heard from people who said NCL wasn't the best either.

Food being the #1 complaint..... makes me wonder if they eat that way at

home..

Just off the Radiance (one of Serenade's sisters) and they DID have eggs benedict on the buffet - you just had to put the elements together yourself. Not a big deal IMHO.

How's that? You mean they actually had poached eggs, ham, English muffins, and Hollandaise sauce there, just all unassembled? Or you can "create" your own with the elements you found there?

How's that? You mean they actually had poached eggs, ham, English muffins, and Hollandaise sauce there, just all unassembled? Or you can "create" your own with the elements you found there?

Errrrr... I wonder if "WrittenOnYourHeart" knows what Eggs Benedict is?

They do NOT have all those components sitting there separate in the freakin WJ! ! ! !

oh please .. the "desserts" on RC are these little postage-stamp sized squares of jiggle and phony mousse concoctions .. practically one spoonful each .. my only questions is WHY would anyone want 5 of these nasty RC desserts to begin with ??

But those little desserts always look so attractive :D....and then you find out that they have absolutely no flavor. :p

They do NOT have all those components sitting there separate in the freakin WJ! ! ! !

Just imagine that shelf stable, hollandaise powder come to life with water and milk with only a hint of curdling. [emoji12]

I do know, and yes they did on the Radiance last week. Granted the muffins were on another section, but they had the eggs, ham, and sauce together and there were definitely English muffins.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Rj rice.....I have been on every mass line but hal....serenade is my favorite ship......unless you are looking for a party/amusement park ship I think you will be pleased to sail on her.....old school lines,lots of glass.....joining my extended family on adventure in feb....hoping to have a great time!

I do know, and yes they did on the Radiance last week. Granted the muffins were on another section, but they had the eggs, ham, and sauce together and there were definitely English muffins.

I was on the Radiance on the July 10th sailing ... and I was surprised to see the "do it yourself" eggs benedict too. I didn't try it though, I was too busy focusing on the waffles and strawberries.

Rj rice.....I have been on every mass line but hal....serenade is my favorite ship......unless you are looking for a party/amusement park ship I think you will be pleased to sail on her.....old school lines,lots of glass.....joining my extended family on adventure in feb....hoping to have a great time!

Thank you.. I just love the smaller ships. Our first one was the Legend of the Sea and it was fun..

We been on Mariner.. (that was another favorite, Jewels.. Adventure) then of course all the other lines but HAL... too young.. lol

If I want to go to an amuzement park I just jump on I-4 and go to Disney World..

Well since I am going before you if you need me to save you the compass let me know

Hello all,

Our family recently returned from our July 12th Serenade cruise to Scandinavia and Russia...a very port intensive cruise. We found the food on Serenade to be a great improvement over that of our last few RCCL sailings on different ships.

Like other Royal ships, Serenade's dining staff has been stretched thin, resulting in a "longer than we prefer" dinner service. Nonetheless, each evening in the MDR, our meals were served at appropriate temperatures, with dazzling smiles and attentive service, and most importantly, were absolutely delicious!

With 6 out of 7 Port Days, DD and I enjoyed our "Wake Up Call - Room Service Breakfast" each morning in our stateroom. Breakfast consistently arrived on time, the order was accurate, and again, food meant to be hot was delivered hot, and food meant to be chilled was delivered chilled! DH and DS had their own cabin, and went to Windjammer each morning. Their opinions of the food quality and service level matched our own.

We were cruising for the itinerary, and fully expected a so-so food experience. We were delighted with Serenade, and would highly recommend both this beautiful Ship and this amazing Itinerary!!!

Happy cruising to all!

Terry Jo

On Carnival, Celebrity, HAL, and Princess they serve eggs benedict in the buffet.

Incorrect. Carnival does not have eggs benedict on their buffet (at least not on the 7 different Carnival ships I've sailed). Only in the MDR.

Edited by Out to sea!

We will probably cruise again, but are unsure on which cruise line or ship.

I'm not sure if we will sail RC again. Even though they have most recently offered us some good discounts for a future sailing after our complaints, we are not sure if we are willing to risk another vacation. Not to say we did not have a good time with the company we had, we just had a better time on Norwegian.

We will probably take the GOOD advice of some of the intelligent, less uptight members of this forum, and cruise on one of the larger ships with more to do (Water-park, etc) and more to eat later at night.

Any suggestions??

Thank You again!! :):):)

I would recommend either the Carnival Breeze or the Carnival Sunshine - waterslides, ropes courses, variety of foods served at multiple locations, 24 hours pizza and ice cream, no kids curfew, a variety of evening entertainment options, and the Red Frog Pub.

Incorrect. Carnival does not have eggs benedict on their buffet (at least not on the 7 different Carnival ships I've sailed). Only in the MDR.

On the Carnival Pride in March, they had eggs benedict on the breakfast buffet. They were already made and sitting in a warming tray like the other breakfast options.

On the Carnival Pride in March, they had eggs benedict on the breakfast buffet. They were already made and sitting in a warming tray like the other breakfast options.

Then I guess DW needs to sail the Pride because as I stated, on every other Carnival ship we've been on DW HAD to go to the MDR for her eggs benedict.

Hello all,

Our family recently returned from our July 12th Serenade cruise to Scandinavia and Russia...a very port intensive cruise. We found the food on Serenade to be a great improvement over that of our last few RCCL sailings on different ships.

Like other Royal ships, Serenade's dining staff has been stretched thin, resulting in a "longer than we prefer" dinner service. Nonetheless, each evening in the MDR, our meals were served at appropriate temperatures, with dazzling smiles and attentive service, and most importantly, were absolutely delicious!

With 6 out of 7 Port Days, DD and I enjoyed our "Wake Up Call - Room Service Breakfast" each morning in our stateroom. Breakfast consistently arrived on time, the order was accurate, and again, food meant to be hot was delivered hot, and food meant to be chilled was delivered chilled! DH and DS had their own cabin, and went to Windjammer each morning. Their opinions of the food quality and service level matched our own.

We were cruising for the itinerary, and fully expected a so-so food experience. We were delighted with Serenade, and would highly recommend both this beautiful Ship and this amazing Itinerary!!!

Happy cruising to all!

Terry Jo

When you say that the dining staff was stretched--explain how many tables the waiter served. In my past cruises usually the waiter serves one large, a medium and another smaller size table. Unless this has changed, I'll find out on our upcoming Oasis cruise. Pax had similar complaints about the Quantum staff, but did not notice any deterioration in service.