What is next special

timbom

Looked today to see if prices had dropped with the elimination of 1-2-3. Did not notice any decrease in cruise price I was looking at only that the promotion was gone

Very disappointed prices did not come down. I guess I will wait till they come out with next promotion lets hope they just reduce prices all of the "specials" are really not that special after they increase the price to cover them.

Hi all,

Our new promotion is "Unbelievable vacations, unbelievable new rates," and can be found here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/unbelievable-rates-offer

As long as you live in the US, of course. In the UK, it's higher prices, but up to $400 OBC for 2015 cruises ($200 per cabin for 7 day ones).

Looks to me as if the rise of the $ against the £ is now being reflected in pricing.

Stuart

Good rates on insides but prices went up on other categories with no perks. :eek:

Appreciate this above "digging" for what's really true and honest for upcoming Celebrity pricing. Like it or not, our consumer culture is driven by lots of price, discount and "deal" hopes and mentalities, etc. It gets confusing!! And frustrating. BUT, when we believe that we found a wonderful "special", we are happier, maybe!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 104,727 views for this posting.

Call me spoiled but compared to the other promotions this is a lot about nothing. Thanks for the link Celebrity Rep. By the way I love the fact that Celebrity jumps in to answer questions and to clarify rumors. It shows that you really care about our opinions. I can't say the same for the competition.

Call me spoiled but compared to the other promotions this is a lot about nothing. Thanks for the link Celebrity Rep. By the way I love the fact that Celebrity jumps in to answer questions and to clarify rumors. It shows that you really care about our opinions. I can't say the same for the competition.

Exactly. I think it's awesome that Celebrity posts here.

Looks like my next cruise may have to be on HAL. Looking at two very similar Med cruises. HAL = $2500 CDN CEL = $3900 CDN :eek:

CEL price didn't drop at all upon the removal of the perks. Even with the Perks factored in, HAL was less $ but now that the perks are gone it's a no brainer.

123 has come and gone several times before only to return again. Similar timing last year, then it came back again in June, along with 25 bonus CC points for new bookings. Glad we got our bookings inked, but also hope for new promotions for future sailings too.

Price drops seemed pretty limited - maybe for a few sailings, not the ones I've been watching. It seemed like prices were pretty much the same but the perks were gone - I must admit I was skeptical about BOOK NOW for perks but at the moment, I'm glad I went ahead with a reservation.

They are unbelievable rates. The prices have increased and there are no extra perks, so therefore I guess that we shouldn't believe them as they will soon come back with another promo to get people to book at those same rates but make them feel good about it as they are getting something extra included.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

The only prices that haven't gone up seem to be the inside cabins. I'm hoping that this is just supply/demand, that they've sold more OV and above than normal. If higher prices lead to a shortage of bookings, lower prices or promos will be needed balance everything out.

If not, we like Celebrity, and I'll go for a $599 inside whenever they've got the right itinerary. :)

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I see it as successful marketing .

the 123 promotions Celebrity has had since Jan, in one form or other ,has worked. Their bookings have met their internal targets.

So glad we booked in late Jan for the summer of 2016 in Europe.

What I always find interesting about CC is posters don't look at cruise rates the same as those on sites such as Trip Advisor or some of the airfare forums. Those using hotels and airlines know there are computer programs constantly monitoring sales and availability. Hotel rates and airline fares can change on almost an hourly basis depending on booking and how many rooms or seats have been turned over to consolidators to sell at a discount. Why should cruise lines be any different? Celebrity sold a bunch of cruises for the next two years using the 1,2,3 promotion. Now they are going to sit back and see how many folks (most of whom don't even know CC exists), will pay closer to full price for a cruise. If it gets close to sailing and there are still empty cabins, you'll see the rates drop or incentives be offered. Also expect cabins to be sold in bulk to large cruise agencies who will run their own promotions. In any case, if you want a cruise and it's too expensive, just wait a while.

Not many savvy cruisers are going to pay these prices without the perks being attached. When is the next, next promo?

Agreed. Was looking to book AquaClass with all the perks but didn't realize the sale ended yesterday!

Agreed. Was looking to book AquaClass with all the perks but didn't realize the sale ended yesterday!

I just checked and our Bermuda cruise has gone up in price. I was thinking the Aqua class would come down since there is a lot of availability on all the Bermuda cruises.

I'm happy I jumped in when I did.

Just noticed that all 4 cruises I am keeping an eye on have dropped in price since this morning ($250-400). Maybe Celebrities IT dept is behind in updating the prices? I'd be shocked if they are :p

Call me crazy but, sooner or later, Celebrity had to recoup the loss from the free drinks, included gratuities, and high OBC's. It's great to try and fill the ships but, if people aren't filling the Specialty Restaurants, buying in the high end shops, using the spa, or even upgrading the complimentary classic package, there is just so much the bottom line can absorb.

Having just gotten off the Silhouette this past Sunday, I can tell you for certain this was the case.