Pub Lunch

antsp

Did you check for it each sea day? We were on the Regal last month and they forgot to mention our first pub lunch in the Patter (we overheard the waiters in Crown Grill talking about the pub lunch the night before and looked for it in the patter specifically with no luck - then saw it advertised on the chalk board outside the Wheelhouse at lunchtime!)

Edited by dides

Had pub lunch, very good Cod IMHO, everyone but our party seemed to be ordering Guiness... so at least on our cruise must have made money, except on us :D

As good as it was, couldn't imagine having that much fried food more than once, already got seconds and that was way too much

Edited by chipmaster

I don't think it is much of a money maker for the cruise line. It was set up to get more drinks purchased at the event. If it's not making money on drinks they lose on the food side of the house.

Money maker? I think not. To me its purely for the benefit of passengers.

Sure they make additional off drinks but I doubt it was ever presented as a money maker.

I don't think it is much of a money maker for the cruise line. It was set up to get more drinks purchased at the event. If it's not making money on drinks they lose on the food side of the house.
Actually, I think it's the other way around. It's probably cheaper to serve the passengers a fish & chips lunch than a main dining room lunch, or an all you can eat buffet lunch.

To be honest I didn't ask and didn't go down to look, we went the 1st sea day had fish and chips, I was looking forward to the ploughmans on our next visit, but don't worry we didn't go hungry

On past 7 day trips with two sea days (Emerald, Crown, Caribbean) there has been pub lunch on each sea day. Last month on the Star for a 7 day with two sea days, pub lunch was only offered once.

We didn't think to ask if this was something new or not. Has anyone else seen only one pub lunch when there was more than one sea day?

Do they still serve Shepard's Pie? Sorry this is off topic.

Yes

Lucky for Joeyancho.

The last two sailings we had with Princess. No Shepard's pie. They did have some type of kidney pie which is not bad.

But I have had Shepard's pie on my sailings prior to the last two.

Has anyone else had the two for one Seawitch beer with Pub Lunch? They started this part way through the Ruby 49 day around South America. I speculated that they had too much onboard so they did 2 for 1's (on it only) at Pub Lunch to get some stock used up and I would say it was working!

I know that it isn't likely a real pub lunch specifically but I sure wish they would add "Sausage, Egg, Beans (baked beans) and chips" as an option. They have all the ingredients onboard. I love that for lunch once in awhile!

Terry

I know that it isn't likely a real pub lunch specifically but I sure wish they would add "Sausage, Egg, Beans (baked beans) and chips" as an option. They have all the ingredients onboard. I love that for lunch once in awhile!

There is usually some British-type food in the breakfast buffet, beans, eggs, etc. But I don't think you can get chips in the morning. (I could be wrong.)

Just returned from the 7 day regal with 3 sea days, anyone have an idea why only 1 pub lunch was offered.

To be honest I didn't ask and didn't go down to look, we went the 1st sea day had fish and chips, I was looking forward to the ploughmans on our next visit, but don't worry we didn't go hungry

I always go down and check, as well as check the Patters. For the two weeks I was aboard Royal Princess I ate the Pub Lunch three times. The Scotch Egg (served heated) is my all-time favorite. YUM! :D

Menus for the two different Sea Day Pub Lunches

11204786525_a6099be5d1_c.jpg

11368658793_95ea6e8aed_c.jpg

I always go down and check, as well as check the Patters. For the two weeks I was aboard Royal Princess I ate the Pub Lunch three times. The Scotch Egg (served heated) is my all-time favorite. YUM! :D

Both the Fish and Chips and the Breaded Prawns have me getting hungry!

Crochetcruise :cool:

I haven't seen the scotch egg offered before. I will definitely look for it in December when I go.

Candi

I haven't seen the scotch egg offered before. I will definitely look for it in December when I go.

Candi

I was quite "underwhelmed" by the scotch egg. I had to give it a try but won't do so again. I'm happy with the fish & chips or the shrimp & chips or bangers and mash. Pub Lunch is fine but I can take it or leave it.