Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Nice dinner with "the gang" tonight even though the place was packed. It was great to meet so many in person at last.

I arrived in FLL a little after six after having only 20 minutes to change planes in ATL. One of my bags was not as fast as I was and stayed in ATL. Evening flights were all delayed so still waiting on it.

Good news is I have the bag with Melodie's flag so be watching for us tomorrow.

Nice dinner with "the gang" tonight even though the place was packed. It was great to meet so many in person at last.

I arrived in FLL a little after six after having only 20 minutes to change planes in ATL. One of my bags was not as fast as I was and stayed in ATL. Evening flights were all delayed so still waiting on it.

Hope your bag arrives before you sail.

Glad the flag made it, but really hope you get your other bag. Was kind of worried about you today. So glad you made it.

Kathi, I am glad you made it and I hope your bag arrives before you leave!

I bet dinner was fun too...meeting everyone!

Erewhon, that sounds so nice to be able to meet up with those from the sailaway thread and nice that they send their wishes too!

It was great meeting all of you tonight! Have a great trip, and don't forget to wave as you sail out of the channel.

It was great meeting you two as well. Wish you could have stayed longer. We had cakes ordered for you.

We will be waving.

Spent the day rekindling old friendships and making new ones. We have an awesome Roll Call and despite a few glitches with this evening's plans due to no fault of our own some good food and fellowship was had at Kelly's Landing.

The worst part was that due a failure with our booking at the restaurant we were unable to celebrate POA1's birthday as we had intended and for that we can't be sorry enough.

Watched our Westie sail in this morning from our hotel room. She looked so pretty.

649bf44070c0f233c4d11a52258644a8.jpg

There's a big parade of ships coming in and the Westie is round the back so who knows what time we'll get to leave -but hey, as long as we're on her ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was an early day with the alarm set for 2;50 am (I know, why did we go to sleep right?) Taxi gave us a wake up call and was there promptly at 4 a.m to take us to the airport. We got on our puddle hopper (aka tiny plane) on Thursday to connect in Montreal for FLL. Too many bags, but we have about 60 pounds of school supplies and more to buy in FLL.

At Montreal airport we met Lizzier68 and her DH as they were on the same flight. What a nice couple.

As we approached FLL, the pilot announced that it was sunny and 28 degrees. We had big smiles on our faces to hear sun, warmth and see grass and flowers again! No snow! hurrah!

When we got to Embassy Suites, there was sapper1 and her DH. So nice to see them again.

Our room was ready and shortly after dumping our stuff, I headed to the pool area to enjoy the sunshine. And there was 1of4 with the 3 of 4. Great to see her again and meet the other 3 of 4. Had fun chatting and then it was time for the Manager's reception which you don't want to miss.

DH and I were pretty tired so we decided to grab a quick bite at the Outback. Great as we ran into Lizzie & sapper and ate with them but, FWIW we were very disappointed in the Outback and I doubt we would return. The service was incredibly slow and DH and I had to help ourselves to silverware on a nearby table. Food was only so so. Just our experience though.

The next day was a busy one shopping, picking up a couple of last minute toiletries and school supply shopping. Just time for a small break and it was Manager reception time again.

Our roll call met in the ESpot area and we had a great time getting to know each other. You will recognize a lot of sail a way namesA that were there:0bnxshs, sapper1, lizziie68, 1of4, Scrapnana, vict0riann, Solocanadian & Mumsysailor

After the reception, we headed to Kelly's Landing where we were met by POA1, reeni & BobE. I had made a reservation there fro 7:45 and had my email with me. Sadly it didn't do much good. POA1 told me that if restaurants in Florida don't normally do reservations, con't count on them being timely. In order to accommodate us they had to put some on the patio and some in the restaurant.

Since we had already been waiting we didn't have much choice, so the dinner didn't quite go as planned, but the food was very goodl and everyone enjoyed themselves.

It's now Saturday morning and time to shuffle stuff in bags, make room for the new supplies, and figure out how we will carry the wine on board - LOL.

So far, my big surprise for DH has worked out. Now, to hope he doesn't notice the luggage tags. Our TA got us an upsell to the Neptune Suites which I thought was a decent offer so it was done without DH's knowledge (hopefully I'm not divorced today - LOL). I thought it would be a nice early 20th anniversary present for him. If he figures it out at embatkation, no biggie. Since we are 4* anyways, we get the same priority so only the key and the luggage tags (if he notices the piority) will give it away.

Off to get some stuff done and if I have internet later and time I will try to add more.

We'll all be waving with smiles on our faces. The Westerdam many never be the same again :)

Edited by kazu

Wonderful report Jacqui... Am VERY excited for this crew (and jealous). Wish we could join you.

Have a wonderful time...

Also very excited and jealous and wishing I had planned to go with you.......maybe next time!

Have an awesome time!

Marge

Jacqui has pretty much covered everything so far. I just want to add that we have been so pleased to see so many old friends and a few new ones. This is looking to be a really great roll call group and I just know we will have a super time.

We are calling for luggage pickup in a few minutes. Not too excited!!!!

Thank you everyone for making this such a great thread to read. I usually just skim the other posters and only read what the OP posts. On this thread because so many of you know each other, I enjoy reading all of the comments. Have a wonderful cruise.