Table for two in MDR

GMM

My wife and I have been on 10 cruises and are always assigned a table with a group of people which is fine . But next month we are going on an 8 day cruise celebrating our 40 year anniversary and would like to have a table to ourselves . Who do we need to ask about this. Any and all input would be appreciated . Thanks. Oh , I forgot to mention that we will be sailing on the Carnival Breeze.

Edited by GMM

All depends on the cruise line. Some guarantee table reservations for suite pax, and possibly elite pax. Some offer a set table arrangement on certain sailings.

Tables for two are pretty popular. Talking to the headwaiter, dining room manager or maître d might help, but no promises.

Have they changed their table configurations, or was I just given wrong info? A couple of years ago I was told Carnival was just about the only line that did not have ANY tables for two in the MDR. Maybe someone who has sailed on Carnival recently can advise?

Have they changed their table configurations, or was I just given wrong info? A couple of years ago I was told Carnival was just about the only line that did not have ANY tables for two in the MDR. Maybe someone who has sailed on Carnival recently can advise?

I've cruised on Carnival four times in the past year+. They must have changed. The traditional MDRs have some 2-tops. The Your Time Dining MDR has quite a few 2-tops.

Try emailing the maître'd at brmaitred@carnival.com. I always email the maître'd asking or the table and location we want. On most ships it's the 1st two initials of the ship and maitred@carnival.com. Ask him to let you know if he got your email. Just request the table size and location you'd like. Also tell him it's your anniversary.

I have had a table for 2 for about 70% of my MDR experiences with Carnival and the other times it was because we were with friends...but this was ATD that had more 2 tables available.

From my observations of reviews and walkarounds of bigger ships it seems there are less 2 tables but definitely tables for 2 with ATD so that would probably be a way to go as you can still ask for the same servers each night.

Never had an issue, on any cruise. I'd never sail a cruise line who stuck me with strangers in MDR. I'm not cruising to meet people, but to spend time with dh/kid.

On carnvial first two, just me and dh, on disney and RCL 4 top for us three. (3rd carnival was with inlaws, so table with them).

Try emailing the maître'd at brmaitred@carnival.com. I always email the maître'd asking or the table and location we want. On most ships it's the 1st two initials of the ship and maitred@carnival.com. Ask him to let you know if he got your email. Just request the table size and location you'd like. Also tell him it's your anniversary.

We do this too and have always gotten a table for two.

Laura

In our limited experience with tables for 2, they are not in the nicest locations. Just where ever they can squeeze one in. Ours was right next to the bus table, with a glorious view of a fire hose. This was on the Carnival Miracle. All other cruises we have been seated at larger tables.

Standard Disclaimers. YMMV. :)

I sail on Carnival a lot and always choose Anytime Dining. They will ask if you want to share a table. I always say no, I want a table for two and there's no problem getting one. Never had a problem with the location of the table either. Personally, I hate sitting at a big table full of strangers.