Another price increase in Chops?? - I hope I'm wrong

I saw a recent 2015 thread, which mentioned Chops price increased to $39 per person. Today I looked at the cruise planner for my upcoming cruise on the Allure and the price for chops is listed as $42.90 per person. Is this the $39 increase with an automatic 10% tip or has the price really increased 10% to $42.90?? :confused:

I just had dinner at Chops on the Allure this evening . It was $39 per person including tip, but not any additional gratuities.

Took advantage of the Diamond plus buy one get one free on first night. Was excellent wonderful Branzino fish .

I just had dinner at Chops on the Allure this evening . It was $39 per person including tip, but not any additional gratuities.

Took advantage of the Diamond plus buy one get one free on first night. Was excellent wonderful Branzino fish .

To clarify your statement. I was always under the impression that whatever the cost of the Specialty Restaurants, that did include the tip. So, the way I interpret your posting is that the cost is now $39 which does include tip. However, the tip is not added or shown.

Some people do tip extra. I just looked at RCL's web site and it does show that Chops is still $35.

I saw a recent 2015 thread, which mentioned Chops price increased to $39 per person. Today I looked at the cruise planner for my upcoming cruise on the Allure and the price for chops is listed as $42.90 per person. Is this the $39 increase with an automatic 10% tip or has the price really increased 10% to $42.90?? :confused:

I just checked today for our Med cruise on the Allure for mid-August and can confirm the price for Chops on RCL website was $42 and change

We booked CHOPS on ALLURE to celebrate our son's graduation from college (his choice). Our friend just got off of Oasis and said it was 39.00 unless you wanted a prime steak or lobster, then it was an additional 18.00 per meal, making each meal 57.00. Our local steakhouse, Bern's, is ranked 2nd in the nation by Michelin an for 49.00 you can get a fantastic prime meal Maybe we should just have his celebration dinner back on land. When we were on Allure last time it was 30.00 each. Has anyone else encountered this latest 'uncharge' at CHOPS?

We booked CHOPS on ALLURE to celebrate our son's graduation from college (his choice). Our friend just got off of Oasis and said it was 39.00 unless you wanted a prime steak or lobster, then it was an additional 18.00 per meal, making each meal 57.00. Our local steakhouse, Bern's, is ranked 2nd in the nation by Michelin an for 49.00 you can get a fantastic prime meal Maybe we should just have his celebration dinner back on land. When we were on Allure last time it was 30.00 each. Has anyone else encountered this latest 'uncharge' at CHOPS?

I was just booking our dining reservations for our cruise and Chops was listed as $39. Per person.:)

$39 is nothing to smile about, IMO. But I really posted to say that I see that your dogs have the same strenuous lifestyle that mine do. And we have the same wall unit, or at least a very similar one.;)

If you live near Bern's I would seriously not bother with Chops. Pick a different restaurant.

I think what y'all are seeing for the Allure chops bookings is the 10% Spanish VAT being added ON TOP OF the $39 since the cruise is entirely within the EU.

I as under the impression if the reservation(s )was made and paid on-line from the, US there's no VAT.

Celebrity is now charging $45 and $50 for their Specialty Restaurants. Totally going out of sight!

That's perplexing as I figure most people are paying on average around $150pp per day for a cruise? (And trying to keep it at a certain pp price point.)

Then once you add in a drink package ($65 with grats) and specialty dining daily, the per person rate goes up by >$100 per person. You could cruise in a cheap cabin for that price alone.

But people are paying or they wouldn't be raising the prices.

$39 is nothing to smile about, IMO. But I really posted to say that I see that your dogs have the same strenuous lifestyle that mine do. And we have the same wall unit, or at least a very similar one.;)

Yes they have a tough life. We have tried to tell them the are watch dogs but they are not very good at it. :)

I wouldn't put it passed Royal to try! We know they have them! Breakfast potatoes anyone!

The in room tv on the allure say $35 !!!!!but when you attempt to book it say $39 pp. They did put the baked pot back on and removed the35/39$ hamburger but the best steaks & lobster still have a surcharge making a porterhouse about three times the price as the same or better steak @ outback.

CHOPS isn't worth it ... $35 now??

Just wait till youre on board and theyre roaming all around the ship hitting people up and begging you to book for that night at a discount ....

There is no advantage to booking in advance whatsoever ... in fact when we did, and checked the desk @ Chops on the first day, they didn't even have our reservation!

Decent steaks (very good shrimp cocktail), mediocre side dishes .. and both times we were @Chops, it took FOREVER .... very slow service.

Probably wont go back.