Where's Mic?

ALSO missing in action......THIED

Anyone know where he is. Haven't seen a post from him for months

John

Think THEID has been got at by the moderator...............................!!!!!!! Mic is cruising

Edited by dizzy1948

And I MIGHT be missing for a few days after the storms here, one suburb just up the Road has had almost half a metre of rain in about 30 hours, yep 500 mm, we thought we'd have to abandon ship earlier today. But just a lttle water damage.

And I MIGHT be missing for a few days after the storms here, one suburb just up the Road has had almost half a metre of rain in about 30 hours, yep 500 mm, we thought we'd have to abandon ship earlier today. But just a lttle water damage.

Take care you guys & trust all our cc friends are safe & sound, albeit a little wet.

Yes, very quiet without Mic onboard cc :)

:eek:

Take care, GUT. Hope things ease overnight but there's still a lot of nasty stuff showing on the rain radar.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am back from cruising on the QM2 to Capetown. we also had a few Safaris in South Africa (Kirkmans' Kamp @ Sabi Sands next to Kruger) and the Xudum camp in the Okavenga Delta in Botswana. We also had a stay at Livingston (Victoria Falls). We had a great cruise and just wonderful safaris.:D

Welcome back, Mic. :)

It's been very quiet around here while you've been away. GUT and I, and a few others, have tried to keep things going but ... :D

Thanks

Great job with the boards, keep up the good work.:D

Yes, I am back from cruising on the QM2 to Capetown. we also had a few Safaris in South Africa (Kirkmans' Kamp @ Sabi Sands next to Kruger) and the Xudum camp in the Okavenga Delta in Botswana. We also had a stay at Livingston (Victoria Falls). We had a great cruise and just wonderful safaris.:D

Welcome back Mic, glad you enjoyed QM2. I had a mate (Dick) on the same cruise Syd - Sou, he did not like the snobbery from the Queens Grill/Princess Grill pax. He also said the entertainment was poor and the red wine too expensive. QM2 got into Southampton a couple of days ago.

We are booked for Sabi Sands in September but not Kirkmans (it was in the mix but we ended up booking Exeter River Lodge. We've been to Kruger before and are really looking forward to our visit again.

Also have a few days at Livingstone before we board the train to Pretoria.

That's why no cruises on the horizon!

How was it?

We are booked for Sabi Sands in September but not Kirkmans (it was in the mix but we ended up booking Exeter River Lodge. We've been to Kruger before and are really looking forward to our visit again.

Also have a few days at Livingstone before we board the train to Pretoria.

That's why no cruises on the horizon!

How was it?

It was wonderful there, full service and luxury in the bush with all the animals right outside your bedroom, you will love it. :D

Hello Mick,

How is everyone?

I'm off on Celebrity Solstice again how about you all join friend Sue and I on the 26th November 2015.

Can't wait to show Sue around Solstice, Sue has never been on a cruise before.

I'm a Elite passenger now so I'm looking forward to all the extra perks. I really loved the Diamond room on Radiance of the Seas.

Happy cruising.

Tracey.:)

Edited by Taj001

How was QM2 for you Mic?

Not sure if you've sailed with Cunard before but were standards as high as you would expect? Food, service, entertainment, "enrichment" etc?

This is one of Cunard's biggest problems -- people's "expectations!!"

QM2 is the ship that I have heard the most and greatest complaints about - and I believe that it is because the ship is so over-hyped in the press that people expect to experience Buckingham Palace when onboard.

I DO like the Cunard brand -and QM2 is my favourite ship of all time - but it/they are not perfect nor will they change the course of your life!:)

It is true that Cunard's advertising plays up certain aspects of their ships -- but for me the only significant difference between a Cunard ship and any other is the formality of the dress code. This may be a good or bad thing for different people. As far as anything else goes - service, food,entertainment etc, Cunard is similar to any other cruiseline .

However - we are not suite cruisers, just one more of the general hoi polloi, so I have no idea of what goes on inside Queens/Princess Grills -I have poked my nose inside and was not impressed with the general ambience

Barry

Thanks Barry, quite interesting for those who haven't had the pleasure (like me).

Yes, for some people "expectations" can be quite destructive to having an enjoyable experience.

I guess expectations can also be linked to the price.

Hello Mick,

How is everyone?

I'm off on Celebrity Solstice again how about you all join friend Sue and I on the 26th November 2015.

Can't wait to show Sue around Solstice, Sue has never been on a cruise before.

I'm a Elite passenger now so I'm looking forward to all the extra perks. I really loved the Diamond room on Radiance of the Seas.

Happy cruising.

Tracey.:)

Hi Tracey,

We will be on the Solstice for New years and on the Pacific Aria for the 25th of November so cannot join you. Enjoy the perks, some of them are wonderful.

How was QM2 for you Mic?

Not sure if you've sailed with Cunard before but were standards as high as you would expect? Food, service, entertainment, "enrichment" etc?

I have done quite a few cruises with differing lines so found that the QM2 was great overall but not necessarily better. The overall service was better, food was fantastic but similar to X or Princess, although they have a better eat ware, such as Wedgewood, etc.

The entertainment was also similar although guest lecturers were better.

In the end, Itinerary would still be the first decision before the ship I will go on.:D

This is one of Cunard's biggest problems -- people's "expectations!!"

QM2 is the ship that I have heard the most and greatest complaints about - and I believe that it is because the ship is so over-hyped in the press that people expect to experience Buckingham Palace when onboard.

I DO like the Cunard brand -and QM2 is my favourite ship of all time - but it/they are not perfect nor will they change the course of your life!:)

It is true that Cunard's advertising plays up certain aspects of their ships -- but for me the only significant difference between a Cunard ship and any other is the formality of the dress code. This may be a good or bad thing for different people. As far as anything else goes - service, food,entertainment etc, Cunard is similar to any other cruiseline .

However - we are not suite cruisers, just one more of the general hoi polloi, so I have no idea of what goes on inside Queens/Princess Grills -I have poked my nose inside and was not impressed with the general ambience

Barry

Agreed,

I did think the service on QM2 was a better in all areas, most likely to do with the pax to crew ratio (higher). Cannot comment on Grills area as I haven't been there either.

BTW, for this world segment at least, the dress code was not strictly enforced and while most people wore dark suits, etc, and were dressed well for the Formal nights, there were very few long gowns and Tuxedoes. For the informal nights most people were dressed appropriately with jackets and collared shirts and the women were dressed smart as well.