Molecular Bar to be replaced with World Class Bar

pretty princess

I have never cruised with Celebrity and we leave on the Solstice the end of May. I updated my drink package so I could experience the Molecular Bar, hopefully it's still there when we sail.

I've watched a lot of Youtube videos on the Molecular Bar and it seems to have a coolness factor. My wife is so excited to try it as it is the first time in awhile we have strayed from our normal cruise line.

Edited by bvocruise

Those monitors in the background are extremely annoying. I don't want to see videos selling me products while trying to relax with a good drink?

Assuming they are using the Molecular bar location, those are the monitors that have always been there. Molecular used them to show videos of hummingbirds.

Thank you for sharing the you tube post. I'm going on my first celebrity cruise and was disappointed a few weeks ago learning that the molecular bar was being replaced as I love my cocktails. However I'm Looking forward to trying the cocktails in the world class bar now!

Edited by Air79

Given the best place to drink Whisky is now for Zenith and Suite guests I personally look forward to a place to sit down and have a nice single malt (assuming of course Johnnie Walker isn't the only brand they plan to carry).

I agree Johnny Walker is a Blended Scotch, just another version of Teachers or Grants,

This really hacks me off. This new place is going to be nothing more than a glorified whiskey bar with none of the unique drinks.

Diageo produces a lot more than whisky.

http://www.diageo.com/en-row/ourbrands/categories/spirits/Pages/Reserve.aspx

http://www.diageo.com/en-row/ourbrands/categories/spirits/Pages/default.aspx

My 2Bobs Worth

We love the Molecular and will certainly miss the drinks there.My daughter will be devastated .

However it was often a hit or miss when it came to actually getting a drink . Depending on the servers and the crowd we could often wait 20 - even 45 minutes ( March on Solstice ) for a drink. On Eclipse with the amazing girls - Elena and ('m so sorry I have forgotten her name ) the bar worked brilliantly and even when crowded drinks came within 10 minutes. Hopefully this will be an altrenative to the Martini Bar where we can try something special , different and exciting , - without the wait.

When we were told in January that this was going it was explained that the concept and legal ownership of the brand and drink mixtures belonged to the partner who is no longer going to be a partner, hence it goes.

We loved the experience at Christmas but it was down to the great bartenders and the service they provided.

I'm happy to try any new cocktails until I find one that I really like and yes will is my tanned Russian

Looking forward to trying this on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks. Sure, it won't be exactly the same as the Molecular Bar, but judging by the look of the drinks in the video - and all the non drink ingredients shown - it'll still be pretty good.

Coasters at the World Class Bar show some of the drinks available and the recipes. Photo Credit: Tom Stieghorst

Coasters at the World Class Bar show some of the drinks available and the recipes. Photo Credit: Tom Stieghorst

MIAMI — Celebrity Cruises debuted a new bar concept called World Class Bar at a lunch aboard the Celebrity Infinity here on Tuesday.

The bar is a partnership with beverage distributor Diageo and will showcase its liquor brands, such as Johnny Walker scotch, Zacapa rum and Ketel One vodka.

World Class is a Diageo program for bartender training and promotion that also has a responsible drinking message. It has trained over 150,000 bartenders in six years, said Doug Bagley, managing director of global travel for Diageo. The bar on Infinity will include signature glassware, gold drink stirrers and bartenders in black ties.

The World Class Bar replaces the Molecular Bar, which debuted on Solstice-class ships. Celebrity President Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said there was nothing wrong with Molecular Bar, but that it was time for a change. The new bar will be on all five Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection) by the end of the summer, she said.

World Class Bar was installed during an eight-day drydock at the Grand Bahamas shipyard. The ship also got a new bar on the pool deck called Slush Bar and the Passport Bar was recast around a craft beer theme.

The Infinity also became the last of Celebrity’s ships to open Luminae, a restaurant exclusively for suite guests. The restaurant seats 90, but diners will rotate through the evening, with a new batch of diners arriving about every 20 minutes.

Looks interesting, but I don't quite understand.....Can we sit there and order our regular drinks (martinis!) while we watch "the show"?

Will the drinks that are made be covered by Premium Package?

We purchased the premium package because of Melecular Bar. I plan to have at least two drinks there during the cruise.
If it was still going to be on the Equinox when we sail on her for 10 days over Thanksgiving, I would have at least 2 drinks done during the first hour of happy hour on day 1 and probably 50+ over the course of the 10 days.

Molecular Bar......RIP. :mad: Did like the fresh fruit to be muddled and the large sphere ice balls that were shown in the you tube video.

Edited by SNJCruisers

I "like" the CEO's comment that they wanted something new and fresh. While I am sure that it is truthful, no mention of the fact that the real impetus for the change was the expiration of the contract. Gotta love the spin doctors.:rolleyes:

There's no bourbon on their list. Do you think that means no drinks with bourbon, hopefully not?

Looking at the video (where were George and Irena??? :( ) and the list of liquors from this "partner" and comparing those to what used to be available at the Molecular Bar all I see is a MAJOR downgrade! :(

I hope someone who is on this first Eclipse cruise after the change will post and say it's not so. :confused:

Thank you for the link! The wines look great but the vodka has only 3 brands and one of those is Smirnoff! So really only 2 brands of vodka! I don't drink whiskey but will try one with the infused smoke, who knows, I might like it! Always willing to try a new cocktail while on vacation... Happy sailing...