Molecular Bar to be replaced with World Class Bar

pretty princess

Looking at the video (where were George and Irena??? :( )

When we were on the Eclipse in March, George was panning to go on break. His new contract was to return to the Reflection on July 20th.

Looking forward to trying this on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks. Sure, it won't be exactly the same as the Molecular Bar, but judging by the look of the drinks in the video - and all the non drink ingredients shown - it'll still be pretty good.

Please come back and share your experience.

So, what drinks in the new bar will be available with the Classic Beverage Package? :eek:

Looks interesting, but I don't quite understand.....Can we sit there and order our regular drinks (martinis!) while we watch "the show"?

Will the drinks that are made be covered by Premium Package?

This may be a feature of the Molecular Bar that will be maintained.

No drinks within the Classic Package and no regular Martinis. But we will know very soon.

The Molecular Bar was the most innovative bar in the fleet and a major reason in our rebooking whilst onboard last month. Huge mistake by Celebrity in my opinion. Along with the hiked 18% gratuities I fear this will be an another over priced venue.

Looks interesting, but I don't quite understand.....Can we sit there and order our regular drinks (martinis!) while we watch "the show"?

Will the drinks that are made be covered by Premium Package?

I'd imagine it will work the same as the molecular bar in that they will only serve drinks from the menu... So not able to get a regular wine or vodka & coke etc.... Unless you were lucky and was made an off the menu drink from previous menu drinks! [emoji483][emoji16]

Personally I liked that about the molecular bar as it was a real speciality bar and felt special! [emoji483][emoji39]

Thank you for the link! The wines look great but the vodka has only 3 brands and one of those is Smirnoff! So really only 2 brands of vodka! I don't drink whiskey but will try one with the infused smoke, who knows, I might like it! Always willing to try a new cocktail while on vacation... Happy sailing...

Kettle and Ciroc are very good though.

I loved the Molecular bar but I always look forward to something new! Celebrity is a great cruise line that would like to do something new! Embrace it ! There are many more bars on the ship if you do not like it !

I loved the Molecular bar but I always look forward to something new! Celebrity is a great cruise line that would like to do something new! Embrace it ! There are many more bars on the ship if you do not like it !

So glad to see a voice of reason on these boards! The Molecular Bar was contracted, contract period is over. I personally look forward to the new experience! :D

Cheers!

Ken

I too am being optimistic that the new World Class Bar will have delicious drinks like the Molecular Bar. However, you noted there are many more bars on the ship if you do not like it won't work for me. The Molecular Bar was the only bar with drinks I liked. I would even buy drinks there when we didn't have a beverage package because they were worth the money. None of the other bars had anything worth drinking (or paying for). I've got the Beverage Package on my upcoming 5 cruises but I plan on waiting until on board the ship to decide if I want to upgrade to the Premium Package. I'm pretty sure the drinks from the World Class Bar will require it but I think I'll buy one drink first and then decide whether to upgrade. I'm crossing my fingers the drinks will be worth it.

The original post said Infinity, but doesn't it make sense that it was Eclipse that was recently in dry dock? Am I missing something? Infinity is an m-class ship that isn't event getting this bar?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Coasters at the World Class Bar show some of the drinks available and the recipes. Photo Credit: Tom Stieghorst

Coasters at the World Class Bar show some of the drinks available and the recipes. Photo Credit: Tom Stieghorst

MIAMI — Celebrity Cruises debuted a new bar concept called World Class Bar at a lunch aboard the Celebrity Infinity here on Tuesday.

The bar is a partnership with beverage distributor Diageo and will showcase its liquor brands, such as Johnny Walker scotch, Zacapa rum and Ketel One vodka.

World Class is a Diageo program for bartender training and promotion that also has a responsible drinking message. It has trained over 150,000 bartenders in six years, said Doug Bagley, managing director of global travel for Diageo. The bar on Infinity will include signature glassware, gold drink stirrers and bartenders in black ties.

The World Class Bar replaces the Molecular Bar, which debuted on Solstice-class ships. Celebrity President Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said there was nothing wrong with Molecular Bar, but that it was time for a change. The new bar will be on all five Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection) by the end of the summer, she said.

World Class Bar was installed during an eight-day drydock at the Grand Bahamas shipyard. The ship also got a new bar on the pool deck called Slush Bar and the Passport Bar was recast around a craft beer theme.

The Infinity also became the last of Celebrity’s ships to open Luminae, a restaurant exclusively for suite guests. The restaurant seats 90, but diners will rotate through the evening, with a new batch of diners arriving about every 20 minutes.

The original post said Infinity, but doesn't it make sense that it was Eclipse that was recently in dry dock? Am I missing something? Infinity is an m-class ship that isn't event getting this bar?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

If you find the actual link that the OP referenced

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Celebrity-Cruises-partners-with-Diageo-on-new-bar

it says Eclipse. The OP just goofed.

If you find the actual link that the OP referenced

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Celebrity-Cruises-partners-with-Diageo-on-new-bar

it says Eclipse. The OP just goofed.

Apparently it was the original article that goofed. From the bottom of the page on Travel Weekly.

"Correction: The World Class Bar made its debut on the Celebrity Eclipse, not the Infinity."

I don't drink whiskey but will try one with the infused smoke, who knows, I might like it! Always willing to try a new cocktail while on vacation... Happy sailing...
The gentleman was infusing smoke into Zacapa, which is a dark rum.

Well, there is a YouTube video you might like to watch. Interesting.

thanks for link to video

Hope Miami World Bar Bar concept is better than Miami DJs.......

Will JW Red be still be included in the Classic Package at any bar?

Will the bartenders be trainees, employed by X or the contracted partner?

( video says they are distributors of certain brands and they train bartenders)

Edited by hcat

So glad to see a voice of reason on these boards! The Molecular Bar was contracted, contract period is over. I personally look forward to the new experience! :D

Cheers!

Ken

So why is expressing a disappointment in losing the enjoyment of something familiar opposite of "a voice of reason"???

The Molecular Bar on the Solstice in Feb. was terrible. The bartenders were sullen and few visited. The head bartender had written some initials on the mirror above the bar and if he told you what they meant you were supposed to give him a tip. We went once and never went back. Martini Bar or any another venue was better.

The Molecular Bar on the Solstice in Feb. was terrible. The bartenders were sullen and few visited. The head bartender had written some initials on the mirror above the bar and if he told you what they meant you were supposed to give him a tip. We went once and never went back. Martini Bar or any another venue was better.

I guess you didn't get the joke. The initials actually stood for. "If I Tell You What This Means You Will Have To Leave A Tip". IITYWTMYWHTLT.

I wouldn't want to be forced to leave a tip either in this situation. Sounds like the bartenders should be reprimanded or fired for making guests uncomfortable. Their job is to makes drinks and not solicit tips as a service charge is included. I hope you were able to report this action.

Edited by bvocruise